April 12, 1912 (Part 2)

April 12, 1912 (Part 2)

A Chapter by A.E. Reed
"

The story of a little 8 year old girl aboard the RMS Titanic.

"

“T-to not talk to-“ Marilyn began.

“To not talk to them! They are filthy rats!” Victoria was going red in the face with fury. In a swift motion, she hoisted Marilyn up from her seat on the deck and pulled her back to their room.

“I’m sorry, Mommy!” Marilyn cried, the death grip her mother had on her arm was sure to leave a bruise, “It won’t happen again! I promise!”

Victoria tossed her daughter into the room, “I’m sure it won’t because you are forbidden to go exploring for the rest of this trip! I trusted you, Marilyn, and you destroyed that trust,” Victoria stalked to the bathroom, “Change into some formal wear, your lucky I’m not leaving you in here tonight but since now I can’t trust you, then you’ll have to come with me and Mr. Montgomery to the dinner.”

“I’d rather not go with Mr. Montgomery,” Marilyn said quietly, pulling a face as her mother closed the bathroom door.

A second later the bathroom door swung open and her mothers sharp glare rested on Marilyn, “What was that?”

“Nothing. Do you have anything in mind for me to wear tonight or do I get to choose?” she asked politely.

“You choose,” Marilyn nodded and headed to the dresser. Marilyn liked Virgil. He was funny, and nice, and didn’t treat Marilyn any different even if she was first class… though he did call her Ms. an awful lot…

“Virgil,” she said softly, a small smile ghosting her lips.

-0o0-

A while later, Marilyn sat at the restaurant again except with a bigger group of people. There were 10 in all and Marilyn had a hard time remembering everybody’s name. There was a plump man who sat next to her, he was funny but Marilyn was always the butt of his jokes and she didn’t enjoy that much. Also, there was a very skinny lady in a deep red dress on the other side of Marilyn but she didn’t talk very much. Over all, Marilyn was bored before the dinner even got to the table.

“Mr. Collins, have you met Mrs. Victoria O’Connor?” Mr. Montgomery asked someone form down the table. Marilyn was barely listening.

“Yes, I believe I have,” he replied, “We have been out together plenty of times. Have you divorced your husband yet, Mrs. O’Connor?” at this Marilyn’s eyes snapped up to look at her mother. Divorce? Marilyn’s friend, Nancy’s, parents had a divorce and Nancy had to choose whether to live with her Mommy or her Daddy. Were they really going to do this to Marilyn?

Victoria seemed uncomfortable, “So, who would like more wine?” she asked loudly, accidentally tipping the bottle over as she reached to grab it. The bottle leaked over the table, soaking the dress of the lady next to Marilyn. Victoria jumped up and straightened the bottle. She helped the lady up and dragged her to the bathroom, “I’ll help you clean that up!” she exclaimed.

Marilyn burst into tears. It was true; her parents were getting a divorce. She pushed her chair back and ran back to her room, tears spilling out of her eyes. Sniffling, she got ready for bed and turned out the lights.

 



© 2011 A.E. Reed


Author's Note

A.E. Reed
Another! I'm on a roll!!! Omg! I totally didn't expect this! These people have a mind of their own! I can't believe this! There's so much drama! I LOVE IT!!! I hope you do too and the best way to let me know is to review! *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent chapter! Poor Marilyn :(

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
1 Review
Added on June 1, 2011
Last Updated on October 5, 2011


Author

A.E. Reed
A.E. Reed

FL



About
So, I won't go crazy with this because I know most people won't read it unless they're your stalker or something. I'm pretty much just a typical girl. I like to have fun and hang out with my friends (.. more..

Writing