April 11, 1912 (Part 1)

April 11, 1912 (Part 1)

A Chapter by A.E. Reed
"

The story of a little 8 year old girl aboard the RMS Titanic.

"

April 11, 1912

Marilyn was jolted awake. She had had a bad dream, this much was certain, but she couldn’t remember what it was about. Still she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and threw her feet over the bed with a yawn. Shimmying, off the high up bed she stretched.

“Mommy?” she asked in a whisper, “Mommy?” her mother groaned and turned around in her bed.

“What do you want, Marilyn?” she asked groggily. Slowly, Victoria sat up, her long blonde hair sticking out crazily.

Marilyn giggled at her mother’s hair and continued, “I had a bad dream…”

“Jesus, Marilyn! That’s it? A bad dream! Go bad to bed, Marilyn,” her mother demanded flopping back on the bed. Marilyn stared at her mother in the darkness and then slowly walked back to her bed. She climbed up onto the bed again and slipped under the covers. Marilyn closed her eyes only to have them open wide again. Something from her dream came back.

Black waters.

Chunks of ice.

People screaming.

Bodies floating.

It was all too much and she screamed. Victoria threw the covers off her bed and ran over to Marilyn.

“What is it this time, Marilyn!?” she exclaimed. She turned on the lamp beside her daughter and noticed the tears pouring from her eyes, “What’s wrong, sweetie?” she asked stroking the side of her daughters face.

“T-the bad d-dream,” she stuttered. Her tiny hands frantically wiping the tears from her cheeks. Her mother climbed into the bed next to her and held her daughter in her arms. Soon after Marilyn stopped crying and fell asleep in her mother’s arms.

-0o0-

Her mother roughly shook Marilyn awake later. As she opened her eyes she saw her mother towering over the side of the bed, her blonde hair falling in curls around her face as she pulled the comforter off her daughter.

“No…” Marilyn complained scrambling to pull the comforter over her thin frame again. In one swift motion her mother pulled her daughter from the bed and stood Marilyn in front of her.

“Get dressed quickly. Mr. Montgomery will be waiting,” Victoria said as she walked to the bathroom. Marilyn sighed and walked to the dresser on the other side of the room. After shuffling around in the dresser for a moment she finally decided on a pink, satin dress. Fitted at the top and flaring out starting at the waist. Quickly, she changed from her nightgown into the dress and pulled on a pair of white stockings, slipping on a pair of flats.

“Are you ready?” her mother asked, peeking out from the door to the bathroom and Marilyn gave a twirl in reply. After a moment, she motioned for Marilyn to join her in the bathroom and she complied. The bathroom was huge with a vanity to the left and the toilet beside it. To the farthest wall was the shower and tub and to her right were the towel racks. Marilyn faced the vanity and her mother began pulling at her golden locks.

“Today I expect you to be on your best behavior, Marilyn. Mr. Montgomery is a very important man,” Victoria’s brown eyes sparkled at the thought of the man, “and we are lucky he is spending his time with us.”

When Victoria was done with her daughter’s hair it was pulled back in a tight ponytail, “After a bit may I do some exploring?” Marilyn asked.

“Only if you promise to be back here by 7 and in bed no later than 9, even if I am not here to supervise you. Remember, no talking to strangers. Especially not those filthy rats in 3rd class,” Victoria shivered in disgust. Marilyn frowned at her mother’s harsh tone but nodded anyway.



© 2011 A.E. Reed


Author's Note

A.E. Reed
So, I tried my best here. Since there are not any actual pictures that give me a good idea of what the Titanic looked like on the inside I'm going through this on my own. :)

Victoria sucks doesn't she? Ugh, it's hard to write her... anyway! I have the next part done and will post it later today probably. Any mistakes are my own.

-A.E. Reed XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I was happy that she finally started acting like a mother when comforting her child, but she is so rough with her. I don't like that. You did a great job writing this. I enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Well it was almost sweet when she comforted Marilyn xD lol. Another great chapter!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

324 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 31, 2011
Last Updated on October 5, 2011


Author

A.E. Reed
A.E. Reed

FL



About
So, I won't go crazy with this because I know most people won't read it unless they're your stalker or something. I'm pretty much just a typical girl. I like to have fun and hang out with my friends (.. more..

Writing