Pond Of Soul

Pond Of Soul

A Story by Carol Phelan Aebby
"

Part of a series called "The Painter's Pintings".

"

             "Pond Of Soul"



Pond of soul stillness awaits

Hidden secrets on timeline plans,

Lost in thought of loves long gone,

Wishing for hope and a new dawn.

 

Happiness slumbers dreams of youth

Of lives gone by and retreat...

Kissing swollen eyelids as tears flee

Lulling the heart to a blissful new...

 

Chambers of the heart hold pains of past

Laughter; smiles and love too...

A plea, a cry, an answer sweet;

A womb of love, justice and peace.


<.........................................................> 


Ana sat by the pond of her soul in a stillness beyond any thought. Lost and grieving for all that had gone. Her eyes rested on a little streamtrickling out of the pond slowly downhill… Little tears involuntarily fleeing a body of pain to return to the earth again.

 

Still it was…

 

Not a sound being permitted entry into the chambers of a broken heart. Ana felt a tickling on her palm and without thought raised it to her lips, replacing it gently onto her lap. She had not been aware of her action. Then, the tickling returned. Again she raised her palm to her lips, kissing its restlessness and replacing it on her lap. A tear spilled down her cheek slowly, quietly dropping onto the back of her hand. Ana didn't notice. She hadn't seen the sun rise, or the sun set for a few mornings. She had been submerged in a state of nothingness. Time had stopped. Then, she heard a beautiful voice steal quietly into her silence:

 

"Ana… come back…"

 

Ana did not move.

 

"Ana… look…"

 

Ana raised her eyes slowly. Thousands of butterflies were dancing around the pond. Her eyes started following one to the other. Then children's giggles gradually seeped into her ears. They were playing hide and seek. Ana felt a pop in her heart as the pieces started floating towards each other.

 

"Can you see me?"

 

Ana looked to her right. A beautiful lady was sitting beside her. Her hand was on Ana's and she was smiling. Ana could see sunflowers blossoming in her eyes.

 

"Look into the pond…"

 

I can't… Ana whispered. Her heart was aching, her breasts were swollen and her stomach was tied up in sadness. If she was to see any further, the emotions could bring an unbearable pain.

 

"Trust me" look into the pond of your soul."

 

Ana looked in. She saw her many lifetimes; her loves, her friends, her children and off spring, her hurts, her sorrows, her bliss and her survival.

 

"You do not grieve the end of one part of your soul plan, you embrace it and move on. Yes, it becomes a part of you. You do not give up. You do not slow your heart beat into a forced departure. You love it, cherish it, look at the canvas and take the first step forward."

 

Ana felt a tingling throughout her being; a warmth void of heat, a love void of conditions, a tear void of sadness, and her face broke into a smile. Her heart started beating energetically. Helios caught her with his rays and swept her into the skies with a rich laughter. He tossed her to Selene and she kissed her on the cheek. Ana spread her wings flying from star to star, dancing with joy on clouds of wondrous thoughts through her wombs of peace; justice and love to the child of her heart" returning to the pond of her soul, ready to light up the world.

 

Ana squeezed her companions hand.

 

"What do you believe with all your heart and soul… You have always believed this and it has helped you through so many storms."

 

Ana thought for a moment...

 

I believe that real love does not hurt, it nourishes the heart, soul, mind and flesh. It resides in each blade of grass, butterfly, flower, plant, tree, stream, ocean, mountain, star, the sun, and the moon. It holds life together in its warm embrace; and it never lets go.

 

"My love, you are back! And true love is the love I have for you. So keep your pen flowing, your heart glowing; and fight for justice, truth and peace."

 

Ana woke up in bed, her pillow soaked in tears. Helios on her face and life kissing her lips.



© - Carol Phelan Aebby

© 2015 Carol Phelan Aebby


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I was hoping you would post this piece ever so full of hope ... A beautiful poetic story that literally oozes the emotion of positive energy and beauty ... Yeah, obviously I like it ... My cup of morning coffee just took on a whole new meaning thanks to you my dear Carol ...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Carol Phelan Aebby

9 Years Ago

Thank you Poet!

Your luminous presence and gracious words are treasured!

read more



Reviews

Poetry and story. I use this also. Give strength to the story. I liked the story. You write with a honest pen. You create place, emotion and strong character. The strong flow of thoughts led to the very good ending. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Carol Phelan Aebby

9 Years Ago

Thank you Poet!

Your words are tresured.

With respect and smiles,
read more
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome.
I was hoping you would post this piece ever so full of hope ... A beautiful poetic story that literally oozes the emotion of positive energy and beauty ... Yeah, obviously I like it ... My cup of morning coffee just took on a whole new meaning thanks to you my dear Carol ...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Carol Phelan Aebby

9 Years Ago

Thank you Poet!

Your luminous presence and gracious words are treasured!

read more
Excellent narration with a blend of poetry and prose! A story with a message too! Very well done, Carol Phelan Aebby! Loved your work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Carol Phelan Aebby

9 Years Ago

Thank you!

Your words are treasured.

With respect and smiles,
C.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

404 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2015
Last Updated on February 6, 2015
Tags: Love, spiritual, hope

Author

Carol Phelan Aebby
Carol Phelan Aebby

Cork, Ireland



About
I am the breath you felt on your cheek; When you thought you were alone... The force that taught you to be wise And to find harmony with Nature... The air you breathe when life needs To be renewe.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


You and Me You and Me

A Poem by wordman