Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
The war, the blood and the gun

The war, the blood and the gun

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"
                         

                      The war, the blood and the gun


No-one is screaming for the child of war. They have known only blood and the sound of war.
Who do we blame my friend?

War is alive my friend, the word peace, is forgotten.
I'm like my father.
Same place and same station.
Accepting new wars like a dinner meal, I support to digest without demanding proper answers.

The sky is black and the earth is red.
Black hearten men run our world. Sending our best to fight and die.
When Johnnie and Susie hands are soaked in blood.
They will come home broke and confused.
What will tell them?
A needed war. You create peace by fighting strangers for the cause of fairness.
Did we create fairness in the new wars?
Did my father who fought in Vietnam and Korea. Did he believe the liars?
Blood soaked lands and the homeless. I don't believe we are the saviors?

I whisper to my grandchild.
"Sleep little baby.
You are safe today.
Grandpa will keep you safe and sound.
Sleep my little baby.
Grandpa won't allow the bad things to come to you.
I love you my child."



Today is Easter. The war dogs are alive and well. The war pigs are singing their blood songs.
Where are the people who love and want peace. I remember my dear Grandmother took me to the airport. Tears in her eyes as I deployed for war. I pray I'm not taking my grandson to a plane one day. I pray we learn. Every life had value. War isn't the road to peace. War killed the last chance of hope and kindness.

                      My Easter Prayer
Dear Jesus.
We need you today.
Men had lost their way.
Please send wisdom to the leaders.
Make them lead with concern, kindness and love.
Dear Jesus. We need a miracle.
Make angry hearten men  learn. Violence and war isn't the way to a peaceful end.
Please Jesus protect all the children.
Hard world for many and their family.
Today is Easter and I'm thankful.
I have good health and my family near.
Please teach the leaders. Guns and soldiers are not tools of peace.
A kind face, a offer of friendship and gifts of food, water and medicine.
This is the way to the hope of peace.

---
Thank you for reading.
                         John Castellenas/Coyote













© 2017 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

along with Easter dinner which we are digesting in peaceful resignation...we are still trying to digest why we cannot seem to eliminate the wars...they just keep cropping up all over the world...
wish we could get all our eggs of peace into one calm basket.
this poem is quite the experience, my friend.
j.

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob for reading and the comment. I do appreciate and I pray daily for peace. For sake of.. read more



Reviews

AMEN and AMEN -John. If only mankind would learn the lesson.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Dave. I appreciate the comment.
As our world seems to careen closer & closer toward some violent confrontation or other, your writing seems to become more & more raw & heartfelt, as far as your utter contempt for the stupid reasons humans come up with for fighting & also your pleading hopefulness in urging a better way to live. This piece has a nice assortment of treatments, such as addressing your grandchildren directly & then including your easter poem . . . each part fits with the whole.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend. I worry for our world. I pray for better days.
John,
I am in awe of your "just words". So much truth in your writing. As long as people are influenced by evil through greed and power, I am afraid we will always have senseless wars.
Having said that as people saved by the Blood of the Lamb , we have to make a stand. The Second Coming of Jesus Christ as the Prince of Peace will end all wars. In the mean time we have to share the teachings of Jesus. I know I am preaching but we have to fight back.
I salute your writing, agree with your prayer and choose to stand with people like you.
Many blessings,
Richie b.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Richie. I pray daily for the world to become quiet. The world need a time-out. Re-think an.. read more
Wow. This is Truth. Expressed powerfully. Peace does not mix with blood. The blood of children. We have to pray...

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

We must dear Annette. A billion people praying and standing as one.
The truth John our leaders play the drums of war to make peace over petty squabbles, Lord help us all

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I agree. Need prayers and a miracle.
Aloha John, your words so true. Words to inspire. War seems more prominent now than ever and your words always seem to have the weight of experience and wisdom upon every read. Blessings to your gorgeous grandsons. Izzy

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Izzy. You are right and it is getting worst.
At such times I guess war is more prominent in mind...it seems to be in my mind a lot of late and is worrying in the current climate...children are our tomorrows...may the Goddess and God forgive those who deem war necessary, sigh...

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I believe the new and the old Gods won't forgive the war pigs. I believe everyone will receive their.. read more
Ruth

7 Years Ago

I hope you are right hon...let us hope...
Someone should answer the question. Why do we need basket case dictators to run some countries.
Is it because they do it well. Enter America and Britain with the regime change. You get the war on terror. Presidents and Prime ministers always talk tough on the subject. Though they don't actually come back in the body bags. The world is definitely heading in the wrong direction. Some would probably say this is mans destiny. Great poem.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are right Paul. People with no concern. Best be careful. War will find the all of us. Thank you .. read more
Your poem is true, tragic and so finely worded, John, You know how to touch hearts with your words, always have.

Tis said that every war is a rehearsal for the last one. And when that comes, Earth will be a mere dot in the way out yonder, echoing with a cacophony of national anthems still baying for victory!

God bless those dear grandchildren, my friend.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I pray for better days.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
First of all very good rhyming and flow. Form have very beautiful shape. I wonder if write right away. Or let things settle down. You say all about war special about victims. I hope one day humanity can solve problem why war is create . Thanks for writing this.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Me too. I lived a lifetime of war and I pray. My kids don't. Thank you for reading and the comment.
...

7 Years Ago

You wellcome it was very good to read your poem.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

541 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 16, 2017
Last Updated on April 16, 2017

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..