The disease

The disease

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A rewrite

"

The disease

A Poem by Coyote Poetry

"

Some sickness is permanent.

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 











                          The DISEASE

Two strangers sat together in the Austin, Texas Jazz club. Discussing things that didn’t matter anymore.

The woman looked at the man. She told him. “I was once a beauty once and men begged for my attention.”

He whispered. “Beauty is one less burden to know and hold. For I can see what you really have become. You have nothing to hide now and  you became what you truly are.”


He smiled. Kissed her forehead.

He told her. “Laughter and good drinks were the answer now.”

She smiled with a fake smile and she told him.. “You are ugly with hate. A sad end for a man, who held so many dreams once.”



He looked into the mirror and he saw an old and tire man. He told her. “Dreams are what the children hold on to. It comes a time when you realize. We are all greedy b******s wanting too much or too little.”

She looked  away from  him and he tried to explain his disease isn’t so special. “It is many ways to die. I have chosen my way to finish my journey.”



She asked him to come home with her. He thanked her for the kind offer and he caressed her face.  Her eyes. Full of anger, would not accept his excuse for not desiring her.

Her voice. Changed to a softer tone. Like a Doctor finding a new disease.  She wondered how any man could not desire her? She licked her lips and she told him. “I could teach you the hunger again? Make you want to swim in the heat of the warm flesh and sweet kiss.”



He gave her a deep and long hug and he whispered into her ear. “I danced in the turmoil of the flesh so often. I don’t desire to feel the hunger to enter into the game of the flesh anymore.”

He kissed her lips and her forehead.  His hand felt the softness of red hair.  Her eyes were shining now. She was still trying to figure a way to break down his wall of safety.

She whispered  and brought him closer to her body. “I will make you yearn for me.
Men are but fool’s wanting for a purpose.”



He smiled and he told her. “In time we all become the master or the slave. Looking for someone to pray to or become the servant.  A screw-up game of give just enough.   Love has become the most worthless of the four letters words.”



She asked him to go home with her again and he lifted his drink to her. He told her. “You are still young and may have a chance? Honey, please walk away from this bar and me. Only the walking dead are waiting for death at the Jazz club. Are here.”



She kissed his face many times. Young woman with so many scars and she whispered. “I love you old Poet.”

He watch her walk away and he does a silence prayer.  He prayed for her to be Okay. Don’t end up twisted up like him and have no place to be.

But the darkness and loneliness of bars and taverns.
Coyote
1988

© 2017 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I felt melancholy after reading this for some reason. It is so meaningful. I am still young so by reading this i continously hope to not feel that way when i'm older or ever. It is scary how every dream or hope we hold onto simply vanishes into thin air!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Only if your allow. Old dreams will be replaced by new ones. I have done everything I needed to do i.. read more



Reviews

Such a sad, but so real tale. For all, his downtrodden experiences he is yet kind enough to through a "lifesaver" to the young "battle scarred" woman. I found this to be a very compelling piece. Thank you for sharing. - Take care - Dave

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Dave for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
A poem with very deep meanings. You have painted each of the characters so well-known I have felt if it all happened before my eyes.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Me too. Many people gave-up and accepted less. Thank you Anjali for reading and the comment.
Anjali

6 Years Ago

The pleasure is all mine. :)
I felt melancholy after reading this for some reason. It is so meaningful. I am still young so by reading this i continously hope to not feel that way when i'm older or ever. It is scary how every dream or hope we hold onto simply vanishes into thin air!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Only if your allow. Old dreams will be replaced by new ones. I have done everything I needed to do i.. read more
Loved it, it painted a dark but somehow oddly familiar picture for me. I connected with the "old Poet" to an extent I actually wish I didn't, haha. You're an amazing story teller, and I was on here years ago and followed you, glad I found you again! Thanks for sharing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Good to have you back Damien. Thank you for reading and the comment.
Wow! beautifully expressed and kept me drawn into the story of the poem,Loved it.Your poem had many messages hidden deep within.More than just words,you write well my fellow Poet;-]

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I appreciate the comment.
Coyote, your characters are so real and alive. I can see the woman with her scars on the outside, and the man with his scars on the inside, sitting and talking at the jazz bar. Two strangers playing a sad game of cards. Great storytelling and imagery. You allow us to see, hear and feel these people. They touch our hearts...

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Annette. I lived six years in Texas. I was station at Fort Hood. Austin, Texas. My favori.. read more
Annette Pisano-Higley

6 Years Ago

You describe it so that it is unforgettable. I love your stiries so much Coyote!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 28, 2017
Last Updated on June 28, 2017

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I can... I can...

A Poem by Zephyr