You can't always get what you want.

You can't always get what you want.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"


                                   You can't always get what you want.


Johnnie and Suzanna were singing the Rolling Stone song. " You can't always get what you want, but sometimes we get what we need. Me and Suzanna sitting together at the Irish Pub on the Monterey pier. She was a long-time poet friend trying to change my mind about love and life.

She was a auburn beauty, long-legged, tanned and she had fierce brown eyes. We met every Thursday for a year and a half. Ladies night at the Irish Pub every Thursday. Two-dollar mix drinks for the ladies and two-dollar Long Island ice teas till nine for the men. The great drinkers, dreamers and lonely folks gathered looking for some conversation and some company.

Suzanna , she told me. Love is just myth and tale. Yesterday memories and faces are gone. The old memories, just added weight to be carry and to be forgotten. Dear poet, my dear friend. We must make the new minutes, hours and days count as meaningful and worthwhile journeys and places. We must allow our fingers, our mouth and our skin to be taught new lessons. We are not dead yet and we are alive and well. The night is long and the California weather is perfect. A perfect night for us to drink less and for us to talk a walk on the Monterey beach.

We left the Irish Pub. Dear Suzanna held my hand tightly. She was the sweetest and kindest woman I knew. Asking me for very little and making me feel wanted and okay. We walked to the nearby party store. I bought the tequila and the lemons. She bought the Honduras cigars. Suzanne was a New Yorker, turn to California true. She ate no meat, she wouldn't drive a car and she loved the Pacific. We walked the quiet beach and we watched the moving and dancing waves. She held my hand tightly and she told me. I have wrote some story and some poetry dear Johnnie. Tonight we shall leave the sea and you and I. We will return to my home. I will cook you natural and healthy food. Me, you, Leonard Cohen and Jim Morrison will drink and dance for the midnight moon. You will stay the night and in the morning. I want you to read and edit my new work.

I told her. Beautiful Suzanna, you are my muse and my kind friend. You make me feel important and okay. If we surpass friendship. Where will we end-up? Lover's want everything. Do you want to sell your soul for love?

She wrapped her arms around me and she whispered. Sometimes we can't stop what we feel. You make me smile and you make feel beautiful. You make me want to run wild and nude in the wants of love. I don't demand a lifetime. I know the Poet's love is to sing and dance till dawn, drink till we cannot no-more and  travel to unknown and places of mystery. The poet want to taste love, swim in love and write a million stories for love. The writer and the poet want the feel of a Dante's love. Their Beatrice to haunt their words, dreams and life. It is sad the writers and poets love danger, war and want to taste the pain of a love so close and so damn far away.

The night was hot and the sea was quiet. Suzanna rose-up and released her black dress and purple blouse. She danced in her bra and panties. I told the moon and the stars. A blessing for the all of us.

I went to her and we danced by the sea. She kissed me often, long and tasty kisses of tequila and lemon. She took my hands toward her breasts and her stomach.  She whispered. Please kiss and touch. The lips and the fingertips, the doorway we must submit to. The will of the need of love, the need to be wanted and needed. Lips need lips, tender kiss lead to gentle caress and the body to be taken. Love is free and love is costly. Real lovers don't demand payment. When the gift of love is near. Just drink of her and fall into her embrace.

I kissed her stomach and I held her tightly. I whispered to her. Your wish is my wish. Thank you dear Suzanna for you.

                             John Castellenas/Coyote

© 2017 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Drinking of love when it’s near can send you to places of erotic desires only to leave you lost cold and feeling deserted- chances and choices- expect little - never disappointed-or maybe? Sometimes not getting what we want is a blessing in disguise- where do we find the balance? Take the chance or regret?? Follow the heart- I guess it knows?? Wonderful🌹

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you dear Kelly for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
‘Thoughts In Time’🌹

5 Years Ago

PLeasure🌹



Reviews

Drinking of love when it’s near can send you to places of erotic desires only to leave you lost cold and feeling deserted- chances and choices- expect little - never disappointed-or maybe? Sometimes not getting what we want is a blessing in disguise- where do we find the balance? Take the chance or regret?? Follow the heart- I guess it knows?? Wonderful🌹

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you dear Kelly for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
‘Thoughts In Time’🌹

5 Years Ago

PLeasure🌹
People like you & me are savoring for carefree love without strings & heavy expectations. You've painted that feeling here so well, with many layers of thought & feeling & memories. Your adorable photo makes me wish I had photographed more often, back in the day, but your words make a photo unnecessary, as well. I really love this one with all the delicious details! (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Margie. I appreciate the comment.
"Real lovers don't demand payment" true words... this is beautiful. I hope one day to paint a beautiful picture and touch nerves with my words as you did with this piece.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Geisha for reading and the comment. You are very kind and generous.
Absolutely stunning, Coyote.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the kind words. I do appreciate.
I will soon be making another trip to Monterey. Hopefully, I will walk along the beach while having a drink, thinking of John and Suzanna.


Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Drink one for me. If I get a bonus. I will go to Monterey in May. Thank you Jon for reading and the .. read more
wow.... first off i love the visual. I've been meaning to come across one because i wanted to add it to one of my poems that i recently posted.

second, you're poem was beautifully written.

but how do you attach a video to your poem?

I'm also new on here, so it would be an honour if you could review my poems!


Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Just copy from the site and paste to the story or poem. Thank you Jada for reading and the comment. .. read more
This is a beautiful story, beautifully told. And the photo ... could that be Suzanna?

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

No. The Susanna was a Italian girl named Beatrice. A friend's wife sister. Thank you dear friend for.. read more
You had me at the title Coyote. Rollong Stones anthem and then, “Me, you, Leonard Cohen and Jim Morrison will drink and dance for the midnight moon.”- Stunningly beautiful line and imagery from your beautiful Suzanna. She and your story make “California Dreaming” and the whole musical era and idealogy come to magical, mystical Monterey life once again. Thank you for sharing her photo and Tequila kisses with us. Love this!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Annette. I appreciate the comment. My California days. The days where I learn who I was.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

528 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 4, 2017
Last Updated on November 4, 2017

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Just to be loved Just to be loved

A Poem by Gee