Grandfather's rose bush.

Grandfather's rose bush.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"
      Grandfather's rose bushes

Grandfather loved his rose bushes. He told me often. The roses are from England.






































     Grandfather's rose bushes

My grandfather loved his roses. He would care for them and ensure they survived the Winter. He was a story-teller and he loved his story of the roses.


He told me often. My Great grandmother was a cook in the castle of the king. She had a b*****d  son and she was send to New York city in 1880. She was pissed off and she cut off pieces of the King's rose bushes.

She met a man in New York and they went to Detroit. She planted the Rose pieces in the Michigan soil  and she loved them till she die. Been passed on to all the family. He would smile and he would tell me. We were born of kings and lived as paupers. 

I cut a piece off his bush in the year 2000. The King roses had spread to front and back yard. I love my roses and when they bloom. I remember my Grandfather.

Now I am the Grandfather and I tell my children and grandchildren. See the roses, once roses of the King.  They loved the story of being the b*****d children of the king and they cut a piece off and replant.

I hope my children and my grandchildren remember me when the roses bloom.

                Johnnie







© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What a beautiful way to be remembered, passing rose cuttings and stories through the generations. I love the story of your Great Grandmother Johnnie, she must have loved roses very much, and she must have had green fingers to keep them alive. The image you have posted shows a deep velvety red, I would imagine the perfume is wonderful. Thank you for sharing a piece of your family history with us.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Chris. My grandfather loved his garden. I saw photos of her. A tough English lady.
Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

I am pleased you have a little bit of England in you Johnnie :))
¿

5 Years Ago

You're heartedly welcome😊



Reviews

What a fantastic family tradition! Personally I love roses, it's my favorite flower. At one time I the most beautiful yellow roses. I tried very hard to keep them alive. After several years though one of our harsh winters finally did them in.
Thank you for sharing your rose story, I appreciate it.
Take care - Dave

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Dave. I love my Grandfather's roses. I can see him standing by them when they bloom.
Dave

5 Years Ago

Those are the kinds of memories we never want to lose.
I think most women love some variety of roses. My favorite is yellow as far as color. Then, there is the sterling rose and it is another favorite of mine.
You captured the love of them and it is a dear story in our narrative poetry.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Josie. Roses have many meanings.
John, i suspect we are all descended one way or another from royalty, so many young girls were used by princes and kings alike; but you and i know that royal blood does not define us. Iit is how we live and think... even as paupers we can be better human beings than many of the kings of England were !.

Roses of England are so many and so beautiful, in the county where i live we have the white rose of Yorkshire and in the next county they have the red rose of Lancashire..hence when battles were fought between the tow counties, they were called "The Wars of the Roses".

I think your beautiful story to be true ,and your grandmother a wonderful spirited lady to steal the king's roses lol


Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Stella. Roses, the flower of story. Thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.. read more
Stella Armour

5 Years Ago

you are very welcome John, always a pleasure :)
Wow, I'd love to be given an 'heirloom' such as that from my grandparents. Loved the story of the English roses. Beautiful!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Zoe. Nice to have stories to pass on..
My mom was asked by the previous owners of the house she owns, if the could divide some of the hosta up for their new home... I said no, unless they were their grandparent's roses. Somehow roses really are more precious than hostas... How would a hosta poem go? Thanks coyote for this.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Hosta poem would be interesting. Thank you Bacchus for reading and the comment.
wow, Jonnie, that has got to be the most heartfelt rose bloom of a heirloom. I truly felt the love and meaning behind all. Thank you for sharing with us all.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Dee for reading and the kind words. I do appreciate.
As a keen gardener and writer of course I love this.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Ken. I wish I had the skill of my Grandfather. He had a wonderful garden.
I've gotten so many of my garden plants from someone else's cuttings, & I always feel the essence of this person who shared the cutting, whenever I enjoy the plant. I always think about where my plants came from, so I know how this connection can feel very intense & special, as you've shared it here in a heartfelt way (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Margie for reading and the comment. I love my plants too.
what a wonderful story, I would plant them too XD Love Roses , love them best in the ground. Your imagination is so incredible, traditions, lol, some make you scratch your head, but this one is spot on. I wish they didn't call them b******s, blood is blood and roses are roses. excellent story, thank you coyote!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

My grandfather was proud of this story. Maybe, be tested one day. King Coyote. Had a ring to it. Tha.. read more
Corset

5 Years Ago

lol, it sure does! your Majesty :D

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

677 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 13, 2018
Last Updated on June 13, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Couplet~ Couplet~

A Poem by lightsong