8 Hour Prison

8 Hour Prison

A Poem by Nicholas Duboe
"

I poem originally posted to Booksie about going to school. I have since graduated and work for a living but still enjoyed this piece.

"

8 Hour Prison

Trivial days have fallen upon us and war will reign in the halls. 

Panic will fill those who know not where to go as the school bell faintly calls. 

The educational process is a meat grinder and I have no bones. 

The teachers are hungry dictators sitting upon self righteous thrones. 

For school my friends, is not a joy but more of a 8 hour jail. 

If you want to get out quickly you know you best not to fail. 

For there are fights, drama and rage spilling out everywhere you look,

and only god knows what is in that nasty food they cook. 

But the government says that we must go and to that we must oblige. 

Ride on over to that school, the 8 hour prison in disguise. 

So we sit in our desks working so well until we hear the school bell's screams. 

And I swear the feeling of leaving that place is even better than the best of dreams. 

Free we are to live out life an maybe hang out with a friend.

Until my alarm clock rings tomorrow reminding me I have to do it again.

© 2017 Nicholas Duboe


Author's Note

Nicholas Duboe
Feel free to let me know what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

School will become less painful. When we have to work 10 hours a day.. This is true prison.
"Free we are to live out life an maybe hang out with a friend.
Until my alarm clock rings tomorrow morning reminding me I have to do it again."
I agree. Need separation. Good friends near and far away from the rules of education. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry. I will stop by later and read more. I'm babysitting my three grand-boys.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Nicholas Duboe

9 Years Ago

I do work, I wrote this back when I went to school and yeah, working is rough.
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Just making a point. Work will replace school. We will learn later. School wasn't so bad.
totally naile it. nothing stokes me more than raw truth. the image of the pink floyd, another brick in the wall video of the kids falling into the meat grinder immediately came to mind reading this. I would love to share this, but only with your permission, as i so completely relate. although i humbly admit, my incarcerations at the LaRue County System in Hodgenville, and then Bardstown High, were tame compared to the level of obedience and conformity impressed upon pupils in today's institutions of discipline, nevermind curriculum or learning how to think freely or question deeply. Sorry for the long remark, but words hardly suffice to convey the feeling when someone else writes what precisely you yourself have lived as truth! gothikah rulezzz! it's a hunnert!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Nicholas Duboe

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much! I would love for you to share it as long as I am given some credit. Like as lon.. read more
FarisGreybear

9 Years Ago

I will post here, what i would propose to post on my own fb page, and await, so that you have the vi.. read more
Nicholas Duboe

9 Years Ago

Yeah thats perfectly fine! If you want to (not required) maybe link my page in it too. But yeah feel.. read more
Outstanding!
I like your mind.
Bravery in truth, is always worth a billion eyes to view!
Smash all the alarm clocks!

On to read more, I am intrigued.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Nicholas Duboe

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much!!
Children are groomed for a life of economic slavery. Really good write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Nicholas Duboe

9 Years Ago

Thank you!
i just have 3 words... I LOVED IT. And trust me, you would know if i didnt.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Nicholas Duboe

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much! Im so glad you enjoyed it!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

354 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 27, 2015
Last Updated on April 11, 2017
Tags: Poem, Poetry, GothikahLIVE, School, 8 Hour Prison

Author

Nicholas Duboe
Nicholas Duboe

Bowie, TX



About
Hello there, my username is a pen name to be honest but I am currently 26 years old. I am a husband, a father and a son. I am also a poet and attempting novelist. I began writing years ago using Books.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Desert Sunrise Desert Sunrise

A Poem by russ