Abandoned Writers Cafe

Abandoned Writers Cafe

A Poem by Relic
"

Empty rooms in empty halls.

"
Image result for abandoned books

Accounts silent - long abandoned
the words bankrupt
vacant fronts of creativity 
washed over; hollow; run down.

Verbs sway on rusted hinges
the strains of old poems
cross pages like tumbleweeds.

Profiles shuttered - desolate
unopened for years, collect dust
while messages to forgotten friends
go unanswered

Pinned to a page 

like wanted posters

© 2023 Relic


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I still visit the profiles of old friends here, some that I know seldom if ever, revisit the site. Others are departed from life itself. I revisit their comments on my posts on other sites as well. I'll find one and say, well, wasn't that nice? This is eloquently poignant. I enjoyed and I relate. F.

Posted 1 Year Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Relic

1 Year Ago

Thanks for reading, Fabian. :)
Red Brick Keshner

1 Year Ago

As do I. They are like monoliths on a partways barren land.



Reviews

"like wanted posters" ~ that's exactly what these left behind profiles feel like.
{beautifully written. tragically true.}

Posted 2 Months Ago


Relic

2 Months Ago

Thanks very much for the comment. :)
dang thats deep......................

Posted 5 Months Ago


Relic

5 Months Ago

Thank you.
This is true and unfortunate. For myself, I come and go as time passes between bursts of writing. If nothing else, I don't share my writing with anyone I really know very often - and it's enough to put it here to prove it ever happened.

Posted 6 Months Ago


Relic

6 Months Ago

I've seen many that have come and gone. Many come just to visit for a short spell and then disappear.. read more
Hi Relic. I'm kinda new here and I love to surf around for poems that fire me up. This piece is like a high definition experience. It's like walking through ground zero and looking at the various houses of friends that either died in a major catastrophe or like looking at the property of various friends that managed to escape despite the catastrophe. In the movie, you are the narrator and one of the survivors. This is a beautiful verse. I won't forget it.

Posted 8 Months Ago


Relic

8 Months Ago

You're very kind, thank you.
Akinlolu

8 Months Ago

You're welcome
The site definitely is not what it once was, at least in my opinion. I too left for several years but have come back recently and it feels like a ghost town.

Posted 11 Months Ago


Relic

11 Months Ago

I remember many that used to be here. I wish they'd come back, but such is life. I'm glad you came b.. read more
Well, now I'm new here again. Not really but I'm born again from the crash that wiped out my other account. I just let it go. I'm not here to count brownie points and show off my badges, "We don need no stinkin' badges" (laughing) That was a line from the Humphrey Bogart Movie, The Treasure of Sierra Madre. But I will not go quietly into the good night. But just because I like to write. Cheers, F.

Posted 11 Months Ago


Relic

11 Months Ago

I was wondering why you had another account. Mine is not working well which is why I closed. (now re.. read more
FGFRANKLIN

11 Months Ago

No but the crash was EPIC! I could access my own writing even. I was blocked in half the accounts of.. read more
FGFRANKLIN

11 Months Ago

That NOT access. Oops.
Hi Relic,
Truly great read! This really speaks to me as I have come and gone multiple times over the last decade. Life's demands often get in the way and it becomes a push and pull of must do and want to do. I am hoping to get back into writing and be on here more consistently. I miss writing.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Relic

1 Year Ago

Writing can be a great outlet for those that enjoy it. I appreciate your comment, Thank you and I wi.. read more
Relic,

I have been a member of this writer's website more than just a few times, in fact as a member using slight modifications of my current pen/real name, we were always friends ... Why did I leave at the time of each and every time before this fine time of truly hoping to remain onboard the ship of Writerscafe now? ... 'Twas the back then and there daily harassment of Internet-&--Website-Member Trolls as instigators, agitators, and shitass troublemakers ... I do suspect that as such could be, could have been, the cause of all that you so sadly and accurately write of in earnest, hearfelt, excellently written lament just above ... BUT! ... Something has, indeed changed here, for the daily barrage of attacks I once endured here on a daily basis appear to have been dealt with in some fashion of some manner or other, and Writerscafe is on its way to becoming a refreshing writer's respite's place to contemplate and rejuvenate the juices of evey writer's muses, as a site that I find myself always coming back to in hoping to never leave again ... This site has a friendly, family, air about it that those remaining dregs of so called writer's sites do no have, never had in the first damn place ... I am a member of Allpoetry ... What it is, is all stuck up the wazoo of who knows who and who kisses whose a*s in all the right ways, but I shall stay there for the sake of retaining my real and true name, only ... I do hope to make Writerscafe my home of real family and friends ... Thank you for sharing this heartfelt piece that needs to read and understood ...

Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

Posted 1 Year Ago


Relic

1 Year Ago

I too have an account at all poetry but rarely go there. I've read some very good poems there but I .. read more
Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

1 Year Ago

The hell you say! ... They are so damn busy pulling each others puds and licking each others lower l.. read more
Missing them ol' friends a lil too much today :')

Posted 1 Year Ago


Relic

1 Year Ago

I hear you, Zoya. Thanks for the comment.
That is me to a T. But I always return; some kind of nomadic bard blazing the trail; at least in my thoughts and considerings. But it is true how many if not all of the online poetry sites have gone this way over the last 2 decades. It is sad. And here we are, picking up what remains where we hope to pick up from where we had left off. Thanks for sharing. This is a personally very moving subject matter. /Frederick.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Relic

1 Year Ago

I appreciate your comment, Frederick. Thank you. :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5632 Views
217 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 13 Libraries
Added on May 27, 2017
Last Updated on August 29, 2023
Tags: abandoned

Author

Relic
Relic

About
Many years. Still here. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Not in Vain Not in Vain

A Chapter by Dave Brown