Wondrous things

Wondrous things

A Poem by Island Hippy



The moon, she sung a symphony, a lullaby as stars twinkled their approval. Bursting, shining, painting a heavenly night. While the waves dance, glistening and full twisting, rolling, breaking for a distant love. On the sleeping shore, grains of gold numbered one to infinity, fuse lazily with volcanic earth. While the north bathes in glorious rays, the sun staining a waking sky with warm fingers. Caressing every living thing with life; flora and fauna bloom, proud and abundant. A carpet of mothers seed dusting the light with the scent of spice, of sweet perfume. A baptism of Spring. We do not know the secrets of such wondrous things, and they do not concern themselves with our musings. They do not question their worth they just are. How great the lessons from wondrous things.


© 2017 Island Hippy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Beautiful! We have so much to learn from the nature around, the wondrous things around us.
"We do not know the secrets of such wondrous things, and they do concern themselves with our musings." Very true, I loved these lines. In fact, I loved the whole poem. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Island Hippy

7 Years Ago

Mahalo for your kind words. I very much appreciate them and your time.
Zoya

7 Years Ago

My pleasure!



Reviews

Hello ohana! Your words are like flute notes that sing of a Paradise that I see only in my dreams. Is this Hawaii? OMG! "A carpet of mother's seed dusting the light with the scent of spice, of sweet perfume"...I can tell this place is your heart.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Annette Pisano-Higley

6 Years Ago

Oh Izzy I am so HAPPY for you and your family!! You and I are both moving in two weeks- you returnin.. read more
Island Hippy

6 Years Ago

Aww I was wandering when you were leaving the mighty NYC. Big changes for you ohana, but I sincerely.. read more
Annette Pisano-Higley

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much! Wow- I wish! And you will have ohana if you come to NYC or FLA Izzy! :)xo
Beautiful! We have so much to learn from the nature around, the wondrous things around us.
"We do not know the secrets of such wondrous things, and they do concern themselves with our musings." Very true, I loved these lines. In fact, I loved the whole poem. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Island Hippy

7 Years Ago

Mahalo for your kind words. I very much appreciate them and your time.
Zoya

7 Years Ago

My pleasure!
"The moon, she sung a symphony, a lullaby as stars twinkled their approval. Bursting, shining, painting a heavenly night. While the waves dance, glistening and full twisting, rolling, breaking for a distant love."
The figures used here go flawlessly and draw a beautiful image.

True- everything teaches a lesson.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Island Hippy

7 Years Ago

Aloha Tazeen, mahalo for the drop in. Much appreciated. Izzy
Tazeen Ahmed

7 Years Ago

Very welcome!
And I have swoon the moon just to keep her close, to breed stars at most and let Earth know how much we love each other as one, for I am the shining Sun. So you see, even we would know.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Island Hippy

7 Years Ago

Mahalo Sir Drift much appreciated
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
' A carpet of mothers seed dusting the light with the scent of spice, of sweet perfume. A baptism of Spring. '

Found it hard to choose a favourite phrase because every one of your phrases, start to finish,
emits a touch of magich. Seems you've looked around you and deeply felt what you've seen and sensed. Thank you so very much for sharing your world.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Island Hippy

7 Years Ago

Mahalo emmajoy :) I appreciate your words very much. I am definitely grateful for these simple wondr.. read more
emmajoy

7 Years Ago

You're so very welcome.. soon to sleep for me, those words will close my eyes..
Island Hippy

7 Years Ago

Lau'lea po, restful sleep friend.
and we don't stop often enough to appreciate, savor those beautiful things around us. WE are in too much of a hurry...always needing to get somewhere to get something done...
this poem in its beautiful stream of consciousness form compels us to stop..look, and listen.

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Island Hippy

7 Years Ago

Mahalo Nui for your thoughtful comment, it is much appreciated Jacob :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 9, 2017
Last Updated on April 17, 2017

Author

Island Hippy
Island Hippy

Maui, Hawai’i



About
Kalani & Skipper’s mom. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..