Eternal Bond

Eternal Bond

A Story by Junert
"

A mother and son.

"

  In a dimly lit setting, a gloomy sunset hid behind gray clouds. Larking within and behind shadows, seeing into nothingness, a soul-less bodiless figure stood. Tall and proud as an Iroko. A woman lost to both worlds. Stuck in quo-existence. Her name was Mirage, and a mirage she became after her death. Taller than tall men. A bust deserving her height. From her bodice to her waistline was an awful distance but her hips filled out well. Her legs run on forever. She lacked in her behind but her beauty can't be compared to modern elegance. What a shame no could see her. No one saw the beautiful ghost. Not even the son she left behind.


Lucas laid faced down on his bed. The sheets were white, and so was his room. His face buried in an irregular shaped pillow. Under the pillow was a picture. He'd look at it so many times that he knew every detail to it. In that picture was a woman. Dark and tall. Even sitting behind a counter, one could tell how tall she is. Was. They say she begot him. Tried as he could, yet no memories whatsoever could he collect of her. In the picture, she cuddled a baby who apparently was him. He swore those infant eyes held more happiness than he'd ever known. He turned and tossed over. Restless not for thinking too much. He could feel another migraine erupting. He was lean. Maybe too lean. His hair soft and feminine on a rather big head. He believed his eyes were special, and had no reason to doubt that yet. His teeth, a girl had admire once. His phone rang, not fazing him in the least. His phone rings a thousand different ring tones in a day. He's what one would call a player. But not a womanizer. He answered the call, using his voice to charm yet another lover.


 Mirage listened on her son's phone conversation. She'd watch over the years as the tiny boy she brought forth developed into a flirtatious young man. He was twenty and a month. He'd been a mere three month when she died. Maybe from heartache. She'd not been away from him that moment till she realized her son was old to have privacy. Even though he couldn't see her. She'd stumbled on him jacking off on occasions. She'd only thought he wasn't lacking in that region. But when she'd see him take his first cherry, She'd disappeared instantly. She tried tricks, magic tricks. Sneaked into libraries and read million pages. Anything to help her visualize. To make Lucas see his mother. Even if he'd be freaked out. It could be in a dream. A vision. Anything but nothing. There were times, she suspected he could feel her. He definitely could feel a presence. If he thought it was her, that she wasn't certain.


 Lucas looked at the image in the mirror. It was him. Then her. The woman from the picture. His mother. He'd felt her around long before he could see her. First in his sleeps. Then her shadows on opaque surfaces. Now he could see her through the mirror. She was beautiful. He hadn't been creep-ed. Relieved. He'd try so much to make memories of her. For her. Now he's got them. He'd watch her through the mirror many times without her knowledge. He'd made no sign whatsoever to indicate he could see her. See right through her. He feared she'd go if she knew. Maybe she'd be embarrassed he'd seen her appraise him. His body. His manhood. But today he felt alive. Like truly alive. He'd been dead all along. Sharing eternal bonding with his ghost mother. He'd been living in quo-existence too. Now he'd matured. Emotionally. Spiritually. He was alive. She was dead. He didn't need her around. She needn't be around. There was no shame in that. He love her. The ghost at least. She shown love too. And it was time to let go. He stared into her eyes. His head inclined up as she was taller. Then their gazes locked. 


Mirage's empty eyes stared back. Fixed on the pair in the mirror. He could see her. She couldn't believe it. It worked. It finally did. That ancient magic She learnt from The Book Of Old Magics. It did it. He could see her. She was overwhelmed. Over joyed. All the over-something good. Then strange bright light filled the room. Intense and blinding. But neither of them blinked. He kept looking into her eyes. As she did her. Both searching, admitting, letting go. She felt being drawn back. Pulled into the light. She watched as his lips crept into a grin. A smile. Still holding gazes as Mirage fades away. Or was that a mirage?  

© 2013 Junert


Author's Note

Junert
Whenever I'm writing I feel that my grammer formation isn't right but then I don't know what the right thing should be. Prompt me to those errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

your a great writer, don't get me wrong, I'm sort of new to this thing too so add anything if you readers out there that are reading this comment but when it comes to those ********** if I were writing this then I'd automatically press enter, I'll most likely comment on this again to double check on the other grammar mistakes.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

your a great writer, don't get me wrong, I'm sort of new to this thing too so add anything if you readers out there that are reading this comment but when it comes to those ********** if I were writing this then I'd automatically press enter, I'll most likely comment on this again to double check on the other grammar mistakes.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this piece, I can relate in this story, my mother died when I was young and sometimes when I looked at the mirror, I can see her in myself. This is very good story.


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Junert

11 Years Ago

Sorry about that. She must be so proud of you now.
Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

:) its ok your story is cool :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
RIO
Grammatical errors? Didn't spot any(there were typos though, two I think). This is a great story, truly awesome. You paced it out nicely and I drank it all in, wanting more. Nice writing and flow, well done:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Junert

11 Years Ago

Thanks dear.
This is awesome. But could you please seperate the paragraphs? I'm using a tablet and the words just look bunched up. I like this story. It is interesting. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Junert

11 Years Ago

Thank you Anna, sorry about the paragraphing. I'm using a not so advanced phone which makes it diffi.. read more
Quite the excellent story, and a great idea!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Junert

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

442 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 27, 2013
Last Updated on December 2, 2013
Tags: mirage, lucas, ghost, bond

Author

Junert
Junert

Tema, Greater Accra, Ghana



About
I'm intrested in writing and reading fictional novels. Also wants to make friends with people with such intrests. more..

Writing
My Carolina My Carolina

A Poem by Junert



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


First Mistake First Mistake

A Chapter by byPatKeegan