Treachery

Treachery

A Story by Jyoti_Ablaze

The earth shivered with dread and despair 
For it can do nothing but witness the treachery 
Of the dark loathing and ravening night 
When her body was ruthlessly dragged to the graveyard!

© 2016 Jyoti_Ablaze


Author's Note

Jyoti_Ablaze
New piece.
Read, review and rate.
Thank you for your time.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow.
It speaks to me of an evil befalling an innocence. It feels abrupt, callous, physical, brutal.
"Dark, loathing, ravening night" - vivid imagery.
The brevity of your piece leaves me as the reader in a sudden state of shock, as if I just witnessed an unspeakable horror from which I permanently will be contaminated and from which I will have no hope of recovering.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jyoti_Ablaze

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much! This is the best compliment this poem has been adorned with, till now.
G.. read more



Reviews

Just a bit morbid and much left unsaid. Valentine

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jyoti_Ablaze

8 Years Ago

Thank you your honest review, Valentine.
Words just came, never made a clear image to me as w.. read more
The last line sent shivers across my body. Haunting, fierce and powerful write. 100/100

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jyoti_Ablaze

8 Years Ago

Thank you! :)
a dark write,tabu subject of sorts,you did a wonderful job on it !

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jyoti_Ablaze

8 Years Ago

Thank you! :)
such darkness brimmed with light, I adore this piece it stands alone strong and unapologetic!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jyoti_Ablaze

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the kind comment. Glad you liked it.
Only for likes and I was absolutely dragged into this potent vortex of necrophilia.
100/100

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jyoti_Ablaze

8 Years Ago

Thank you, Cody.
Jyoti,
You've truly captivated my imagination in this darkly-foreboding Free Verse composition, and I like the captivating way your mind works as it creates the scene with your well-chosen picture, how it is set with her still in her nightie, sitting on the edge of her bed by the window, the curtain pulled slightly aside looking silently out at … at what? Did she see something that might have warned her, or only the beauty of the day, leaving her totally unaware of what would take place under the cover of night? OOooo!

The mystery deepens as the earth metaphorically shiverrrs, while dread and despair overtake her senses, and there is none to see or help her through this evil taking place in the night … the tragedy and fear she would undergo during her foul ordeal by her assailant, and to add injustice to injustice, afterward, he dragged her off and threw her in a lonely, unmarked grave to spend a dark and sad eternity.

Yowza! What a chiller!!! Even Poe would be envious of this fatal mini-drama!
Super, well-rendered suspense, Jyoti, left to your readers' own devices! You certainly inspired me, how did I do?

Thanks for the fun, and the chills! 〜 Richard

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jyoti_Ablaze

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your insightful review.
Glad it could have that kinda effect.
Richard🖌

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Poe worthy! :)...do more of these!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jyoti_Ablaze

8 Years Ago

Thank you!
Ah! Now, that's just sweet! Firing imagery. Loved this one.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jyoti_Ablaze

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Sindu for reading this and leaving this kind comment.
Really amazing , short but piercing through heart

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jyoti_Ablaze

8 Years Ago

Thank you. Glad it could have that kind of effect.
This is such a fierce, gripping piece, flooded with dark imagery and haunting emotion. Powerfully voiced!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jyoti_Ablaze

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1357 Views
43 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 6, 2015
Last Updated on March 10, 2016

Author

Jyoti_Ablaze
Jyoti_Ablaze

Diamond city, India



About
Hey! I am Jyoti, have seen 21 winters pass without a trace of snow; (it never snows in the west region of INDIA). Hope to see it someday..! Believe in living and loving every moment of life.. Of cou.. more..

Writing
Unsaid Unsaid

A Poem by Jyoti_Ablaze



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Rescued Rescued

A Story by Jyoti_Ablaze