Chapter Six, I'll Be Your Lover Tonight

Chapter Six, I'll Be Your Lover Tonight

A Chapter by Thomas Reilly Thornhill
"

Nero's adventure into the mind of a madman.

"

Chapter Six

I’ll be your lover tonight

 

I felt as though I had only blinked away what must have been a good few hours when I had awoken to the beautiful sounds of a fire crackling. My accomplice obviously did not regard me as a traitor or a madman as he passed a bowl of soup for breakfast. I was ashamed of last night’s mishap but we did not utter a single word of the events that had transpired. This left me in a state of deep thought as to if it had even happened at all.


The talented man beside me must have read my face like a book and silently gestured with a slight tilt of his eyebrows, signalling that I did, in fact, attempt to take his life. He seemed unusually calm upon this as if he was able to react to my suddenly desperate pleas for redemption while maintaining thought on other matters. However bad the crimes, they were not to be in that small camp-site, we had to leave them behind. Squabbles were clearly not on the Journeyman’s agenda, he had more pressing matters to attend to, as did I.


On the horizon the small town that had so casually and ignorantly lit the madness that had leaked from me the night before, was now becoming more detailed. Our slow march had taken us upon the cusp of this empty town. I wasn’t sure if I could bring myself to enter on such a placid light of the encroaching day. It would seem almost contradictory in my eyes. However, goodbyes were at hand and my selfish thoughts would have to wait.


We held each other for some time, with an un-spoken knowledge that this would be the last of the warmth and compassion we would receive from here on. We part arms and part ways. I peeked over my shoulder to see if he was still in view, however with the same mysteriousness that had led me to his meeting, he was gone.


Later that day I meandered to the local tavern seeking direction through the quaintly poor town within which I found myself after some hours on a contemplative trek. I entered the cosily cramped yet almost bodiless s**t hole. A young musician sat in the corner with a façade of class flowing from his violin and engulfing the drab interior. He played a sonata distinctively familiar to me. Perchance was it “The Devils Trill” which inspired me to partake in the consumption of devils nectar, forgetting my motives for entry or just plain madness.


Either way I casually sipped the whisky I ordered like the drunk I imagined it would make of me. This would follow my recent trend of “firsts”, along with the forthcoming temptations of a sweetly charming seductresses in the form of a young bar maid. We exchanged flirtatious pleasantries. Her long white blonde hair hung just past her breast framing an indescribably exquisite face, decorated with ruby cheeks and sapphire eyes that beckoned a call to the darker parts of one’s mind as her delicate ghostly white skin glowed profoundly in the dim candle light.


If only I possessed the artistic talents of Leonardo or the linguistic mastery of Poe would I stand a chance of capturing such beauty and immortalising it through the stroke of brush or quill. To my misfortune I could not. And so I began to savour every drop of light I could soak into the depths of my eyes, splashing from this vision of loveliness. Her soft, subtly rouge, lips shaped ever so mundane words into something lustful and tantalising, forcing shivers of excitement over my body.


However, I halted my interest for a moment to analyse the situation. How could such beauty, the first capable of making me succumb to the hands of lust, bare any attraction to myself? For, despite her apparent intentions with me, she did not give the impression of one with a promiscuous nature. But if not a w***e seeking to lighten my purse then what could be the cause of this?


Is it truly possible that this wretch which sat before her could have festered her fancy? The only other seemingly plausible explanation was the she was a dead end in my path that the divine sought to end me for my crimes and she was their assassin. Reckoning internal paranoia I returned to conversing with the temporary focus of my love, my inhibitions doused in her aura of sanctity.


The bar gradually emptied like glass after glass which sat before myself. Until all that remained were two souls and one whisky diluted with the melted rocks that before floated gracefully past one another, dancing and twirling like the beauty who now danced her way back from the locked door across the ceiling of this twirling tavern. Her long fingers tickled my palm as she gently lured me closer with her touch, bringing my hand to her cheek. Our clothes seemed to fall away with the world around us as the taste of her tongue found its place on my lips.


My thoughts became a chaos of bliss. Our bodies interlocked in passion insuring a flurry of thrusting and groping. Dancing to a symphony of moans and heavy breathing, our muscles strained and our skin bruised as our bodies contorted in a wonder of positions which only enhanced the ecstasy of every moment.


I stared deep into her soul through the oceanic jewels which gave her sight as she lay beneath me, ever so contently. During introspective discourse of my feelings for this angel my mind floated into sobriety allowing a strange sense of guilt to wash over me followed by waves of memories which seemed to flood the room drowning me in images from my past. 


The Journeyman sat sipping soup at a nearby table as the ceiling reached for the floor, halted by the lavishly carved stone pillar which grew up from beneath it. The Alchemist sat, across from the Journeyman, scribing thoughts into a codex as grass grew up through the floor boards, slipping between my fingers. A fox lay sleeping in a bed of flowers which occupied the formally empty space in the center of the room. 


My feeling of guilt almost faded in the shadow of this picturesque scene when suddenly the carpet of grass became hard and cold. A sickening scent filled my lungs as I looked down seeing what was no longer my angel but instead the desecrated remains of a vile w***e. Before I could gasp with shock I was on my feet, staring at the mess of a corpse, belonging to the victim of my greatest crime, which lay next to her. I wanted to run but the walls were closing in on me like the panic of the situation. The walls pinned my arms to my side. And began slowly crushing me. I closed my eyes. I held my last breath, but the walls stopped pressing towards me. They instead began jostling me from side to side. 


I opened my eyes, finding myself outside, amidst a busy crowd. The relief of being free from the stone coffin which encased me was brief. Upon noticing the mass interest of the crowd, in what they surrounded, my curiosity was sparked and the preceding horror fled my mind like a mare in the night seeking another host. I barged my way to the point of intrigue through a crowd so captivated that they seemed not to notice me pushing past. 


It would seem that mare which troubled me could find no other host. Or perhaps another had found it's place upon my chest granting me a sight which forced the feeling of a dagger twisting in my gut. I looked down. It lay there before me on the ground. My own body.



© 2012 Thomas Reilly Thornhill


Author's Note

Thomas Reilly Thornhill
Completely new Chapter finished very recently :) This is a first draft fresh off the page so let me know if you see anything wrong with it :D Thanks and hope yous enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The first three paragraphs had trouble keeping my attention , but the rest of it was really good. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Interesting well written descriptive write. Engine scary

Posted 11 Years Ago


Thomas Reilly Thornhill

11 Years Ago

Don't really get the "Engine scary" part but thank you haha I appreciate it
MOON

11 Years Ago

Oh dear ending scary , apologies typo
This chapter clears up many of the questions the previous chapter left unanswered, though it presents many new ones.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Thomas Reilly Thornhill

11 Years Ago

Heheh Indeed :D There will be a revelation chapter or two that will completely clear everything up, .. read more
Another amazing chapter!
Loved this sentence which adds to the overall mystery in this story: "I peeked over my shoulder to see if he was still in view, however with the same mysteriousness that had led me to his meeting, he was gone."
Really great descriptive writing, whether of scenes or people.
Just a few things I noticed:
Not sure whether the expression s**t hole is quite right for this era!
But anyway what a great read and a twist at the end that takes one completely by surprise!
Look forward to reading more
1st para., 2nd line: since awakening
line 3: passed me a bowl ...
Para. 4, line 4: enter it ..
I would not hyphenate un-spoken or camp-site



Posted 11 Years Ago


Thomas Reilly Thornhill

11 Years Ago

Hey ood points on all of it :) been away camping so I'll get to The fixing as soon as l. Also it's s.. read more
Lizbeth

11 Years Ago

OK, that's fine then! I just couldn't remember :)
Hope you had a good time
Lizbeth
read more
I enjoyed it. I think I'll need to go back and read the parts before to really get a grasp on this (I think I skipped a chapter somewhere lol) but your writing is interesting and well done! Thanks for sharing this!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Not having read any of the previous chapters I'm a bit lost in the plot. This was a nice twist at the end. I felt it was a little wordy, the vocabulary was a bit too formal for the scene. Just my opinion of course. But it seemed very proper with your imagery and word choice for such a chaotic scene to unfold. You have some nice use of metaphor in this. To me it read like poetic prose. If that was what you were going for then I say you have it down.

Blessings, Tammy

Posted 11 Years Ago


very interesting twist at the end, with our hero/villain on the ground, very disturbing whatever will happen now?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Just so I have a more clear image in my head, would you describing the main character for me? xD


Posted 11 Years Ago


Thomas Reilly Thornhill

11 Years Ago

We were actually thinking about that recently and I think wer going to edit a chapter for a descript.. read more
Sylvana

11 Years Ago

It's fine!
The "fire crackling" set the mood for this chapter. Made it neat. I like how your work isn't pretentious, it's real. Great job, keep writing. :) 100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Reilly Thornhill

11 Years Ago

Thanks, not too sure what you mean with the pretentious bit though, never heard someone say that abo.. read more
i'll get around to reading this...just as soon as i finish the first five! lmao xD

Posted 11 Years Ago


Thomas Reilly Thornhill

11 Years Ago

No problem thank you for reading

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

771 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 23, 2012
Last Updated on July 23, 2012
Tags: love, drink, bar, barmaid


Author

Thomas Reilly Thornhill
Thomas Reilly Thornhill

Glasgow, strathclyde, United Kingdom



About
I suffer from a multiple personality disorder. It had been a major setback most of my younger life but Ive found that I enjoy collaborating my writing with my other me´s. Ive been told its actua.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Stay Stay

A Chapter by CHRIS ANDES