The Beginning of Hope: A Dream or a Nightmare???

The Beginning of Hope: A Dream or a Nightmare???

A Story by Matty Bosox
"

Rain Hope Barnaby was never the hero type and her mother or father were never even close.....But was it for a greater reason???

"

Rain: (Slowly fluttering her eyes trying to wake up...She wipes the drool from the side of her face and then quickly awakens) Jason?!?!? (Looking around, knowing that she heard his voice clear as day) Jason?!?!?! (Realizing it all might've been a dream she stands up and franticly starts walking around the kitchen, looking for any glass fragments and finding nothing...Then she realizes she hasn't checked her back...She feels her back and nothing is there) Holy s**t....(Laughing) Never mix vodka with whiskey Rain..(Without even looking, instinctively reaching for a bottle and her hand grabs nothing...Then with confusion and panic in her eyes she starts running her hand around the counter and then looking quickly and seeing nothing on the counter) What the hell!?!?! (Checking all the cabinets to see if maybe she put them away) Nothing!?!?! (Quickly turning her attention to the centerpiece on the table which is also no longer there) What the hell Rain!?!?! What is going on here!?!?! (Running around the house in a panic..Looking for any bottles of liquor where she usually keeps them and even in wierd places) Oh come on!!!! I need my medicine!!!! (Suddenly she hears the crash of the front door and a bunch of thumps on the floor...She gives up her search for her "Medicine" and runs into the living room area as Jason lays on the floor, his breathing labored as a big pool of blood forms around the bottom of him) JASON!!!!!! (She slides to her knees and into his body) Jason?!?!?! Come on baby!!!! (Lightly smaking his face) Stay with me!!!

Jason: (Slowly lifting his arm, shaking uncontrollably and running it slowly down her arm) Hi baby..(Forcing a smile as he coughs up blood) Guess I should've stayed in bed with you...

Rain: (Looking at him helplessly as she panics to see what is wrong...She rips open his shirt and notices that he has a kevlar vest on but the bullets penetrated through) Oh my god!!! Stay with me Jason!!! (Reaching for her cell to call 911 and Jason grabs her arm)

Jason: (Just smiling at her with blood running down his mouth) Baby...You know you can't do that...

Rain: (Tears running down her face as she tries to keep a smile and run her hand through his hair) I know...I guess we should've never had that "dream date" huh..(Trying to laugh and not burst into tears)

Jason: (Grabbing her arm and bringing her close to him, looking into her eyes) Don't be ridiculous..(A tear running down his eye as he wipes her tears away) Why would you wanna take away my best memory like that...(Rain just closing her eyes and bursting into tears with a small laugh) I just want to let you know something baby...I knew with the career I was getting into that I should've never brought you into it..(Coughing and spitting out more blood)

Rain: (Trying to get a hold of herself) Just relax Jason...I love you sooo much...

Jason: (Laughing and coughing as he winces in pain) Yeah..Thats the problem...I neglected my love for you so much...I never got the chance to give you what you wanted and it was killing me more than these bullets are...

Rain: (Rolling her eyes as tears run down her eyes) You are so corny babe.....

Jason: (Laughing as he winces in pain and grabs his stomach) Seriously....I should be dead by now...I should've died before I hit the ground with how much they hit me...(Gently putting his hands on her face as she cries) But I thought of this face and something inside of me kept me alive enough to get to my car and drive back here because I knew I had to see your face one last time...(Coughing and spitting up more blood as he shakes uncontrollably) That proves I love you...Doesn't it???

Rain: (Closing her eyes tight as she cries, trying to catch her breath) Oh god...Jason...I always knew you loved me...You never had to prove anything....

Jason: (Just looking into her eyes and tightening his grip around her arms) Its wonderful Rain....There really is a special power in your soul...I can tell you take it with you even if you die...(With his last gasp of life) I..will..always.....be with.......you...(He falls limp)

Rain: (Shaking him hard as she cries) Jason?!?!?! Jaasssooonnn!?!?! (Laying her head on his chest and crying hysterically) Why!?!?!? Oh my god!?!?! Why!?!?!? (Suddenly without her even realizing it two wings slowly extend up from her back and instictively slowly wrap like a cocoon around the two of them and they make a blinding glow)

© 2012 Matty Bosox


Author's Note

Matty Bosox
This part is meant to be corny and sad...But I hope its more sad then corny...I hate cheese..LoL

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Matty, I have to say that from the first line, to the very last, I was waiting with anticipation to find out what was happening next. You better keep writing that one, and let me read some more! It's freaking great, and I really enjoyed reading that! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much Liz...Your work goes without saying...I want you to keep sending me all your ama.. read more



Reviews

Cheese, probably as much as I can handle today, but still very sad. I can imagine it happening and got butterflies when he said he'd always be with her, so I know it has to be good. Very well done :) Fantabulous

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nooooo. What a horrible death, such a painful parting and at such a cruicial time. Again your character development , i felt so connected with jason , i hoped so badly that he would survive and that he would make it... i have one question to his death though.
FBI agents are given medical care, perhaps not via the emergency numbers but they recieve personal care, even if he still dies could she not of contacted his supriors or could he not of got a message back via the feed upstairs? To send for medical attention?

Loving the way you have documented the action. Its thrilling you are truely talented with words! I cannot wait for the development

Posted 11 Years Ago


Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

All of that is very true...but...did he really work for the FBI??? The one thing about certain agen.. read more
it's not corny at all. very much a saddening event for Rain. now, she is all alone. i hope this Prime character is really her father. maybe Rain might find comfort in him. off to the next one! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Yeah Rain takes a beating emotionally in the beginning....But even the most strong willed are tested.. read more
Gothic Girl

11 Years Ago

not a problem. :) i'm waiting for the next one. and i'm very excited as well. too many questions tha.. read more
Wow! This is great! You keep the interest in this story alive so well, I'm going to go read the next chapter. Great job! This is awesome! Keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Thanks Owl....I just appreciate the review...It makes me so excited to want to write more!!! And yo.. read more
Owlgirl

11 Years Ago

You too! And thanks :)
i am desperately waiting for the next part

Posted 11 Years Ago


Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Thanks Afra...You keep that brilliant mind of yours making me smile too...I think with your writing .. read more
Matty, I have to say that from the first line, to the very last, I was waiting with anticipation to find out what was happening next. You better keep writing that one, and let me read some more! It's freaking great, and I really enjoyed reading that! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much Liz...Your work goes without saying...I want you to keep sending me all your ama.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 28, 2012
Last Updated on July 28, 2012
Tags: The Beginning of Hope

Author

Matty Bosox
Matty Bosox

Wyoming, PA



About
My name is Matt, I live in eastern Pennsylvania....I have been working on the same writing project for the past ten years....Everybody loves it...I have also been trying to get it out there to the pub.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..