Something I'm Still Trying To Learn

Something I'm Still Trying To Learn

A Story by MusicLove93

When you love someone, love them deeply. Love them wholely and with everything you have. But be willing to let them go. Be willing to say that you gave them everything and only hope that they are better off because of it. Do not think you posses them. Humans are not something you can claim ownership of. They are not yours because we belong to everything around us. Each part of ourselves belongs to something else. So we cannot be controlled by one person alone. Know this, and be willing to let them go out into the world again. Love them, yes, but do not ever think for a second that you posses all of them. Do not let them think that either. Because that is what f***s you up in the end. To think you belong solely to one person traps you in that place. It imprisons your mind and does not let you grow. You become stagnant. You become unwilling to grow like a plant in too small of a pot. Never let yourself or your partner feel this way. Push them to grow. Let yourself grow with them, and if the time comes to separate, know it is only so you may both grow more. So love with everything you have. Love deeply. But never let yourself feel robbed of something if it doesn't last forever. Every relationship is a chance to grow, not a chance to be greedy.

© 2015 MusicLove93


Author's Note

MusicLove93
I'm sure it's riddled with grammatical errors, but let me know what you think! Comments are always appreciated :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree.
"So love with everything you have. Love deeply. But never let yourself feel robbed of something if it doesn't last forever. Every relationship is a chance to grow, not a chance to be greedy."
Love is the best and the worst day. Without knowing love. What do we become? Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


A wonderful wisdom into the new ways of relations in these times. Informative ...

Posted 8 Years Ago


You've packed a lot of wisdom into this small entry. It actually read like a piece much longer than it actually is. I guess it's because it feels as if there is so much that takes a lifetime to learn. Grow together... I like that.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

402 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 9, 2015
Last Updated on June 9, 2015
Tags: Love, letting go, spiritual

Author

MusicLove93
MusicLove93

Jefferson, OR



About
I've never really shared my writing with many people, never thought I was really any good I guess. But, I love writing and have been writing for forever. That and music and art are my passions. You wo.. more..

Writing
Floating Floating

A Poem by MusicLove93



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Where? Where?

A Poem by KAREN


Sinful Lust Sinful Lust

A Poem by KAREN


Why? Why?

A Poem by Tate Morgan