Okay

Okay

A Poem by Paul Bell

You can’t see their mental health

It’s not like a leg break

They keep it locked away

I’m okay, with a smile

Write that down

Hear the bells

I’m okay

Now listen up

The sure fire way to knowing the problem

Is the note

This will tell you all you need to know

You don’t want to read it

Okay.

© 2017 Paul Bell


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

'Im okay... (with a fake smile)' often manges hiding a lot of truth and the fact that the other person isn't actually okay then, and is hiding what actually needs to be dealt with!

Sadly, most of the people are very comfortable with this sorta hiding and pretending these days, and this is seriously not okay for anyone.

I liked the subject of this poem, Paul, and your words did good justice with it.
Thankyou for writing and sharing this poem 😊



Posted 6 Years Ago


Paul Bell

6 Years Ago

Thanks, Saumya. A subject everyone can relate to.
Saumya

6 Years Ago

Indeed.You're welcome 😊
The deepest wounds do not show. People are cryptic with their feelings , or they wear them on their sleeve....an empath knows. Such are the bonds of mortality. Enjoyable thoughts, nicely writ.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Paul Bell

6 Years Ago

You're spot on. People don't want to be a burden. So they stay silent.
True it's not like we can find out...
the wounds don't show up... the pain is inside... which the world will not look upon..
and then when its too much ...sometimes a note and end of everything else seems the simple way out..
We all need friends, family who can be there when in such times of need... to share express..and not feel ashamed of the situation... we take so much on our self that end of the day its becomes burden to carry it all...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Paul Bell

6 Years Ago

Yeah, everyone needs a friend to talk to. Makes sense in the long run.
This goes like a conversation with the readers. I liked the flow.

Posted 6 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
A couple of good friends suffer with depression but were so ashamed, feeling that their lives are so good that they have no reason to feel this way, they suffered alone for years.
How desperate must a person be to finally reach the stage of their final note and out...


Posted 6 Years Ago


Paul Bell

6 Years Ago

I think you've hit the nail on the head.
Men have to show this toughness. Even till the very .. read more
i am okay or am i..thats the question so many of us have asked and continue to ask...so may of us including me slap on masks daily and smile and say i am okay when inside i am screaming for real release...great job articulating what so many feel.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Paul Bell

6 Years Ago

Millions of smiling people out there. You are right.
They're all wearing masks.
The note. I've lost it. Good. now no one will know.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Paul Bell

6 Years Ago

Sad reality for more and more people now.
one of my best friends went through this...for several years....she is much better now....really working at being okay and taking care of her mental state---
they found her one night walking on a highway in pajamas...30 degrees out....not knowing why she was there or how she got there.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Paul Bell

6 Years Ago

Yeah I can relate to that. Something similar with a friend who was always the life and soul. We neve.. read more
Paul, your poem is relevant and makes such a very important statement. Deep problems, deeply hidden. Do we not want to hear what’s beneath the “I’m okay.”? Sometimes, most times, there are signs. Are we too overwhelmed ourselves, just coping with the world as it is? Your poem raises the big questions explicitly, concisely and compassionately. Well done!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Paul Bell

6 Years Ago

I think we always skirt around things. It's when it actually happens we become aware. But we always .. read more
Exactly... Take it at face value, if you can... Cause that is all we get... A note and a hopes of hearing the bells...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Paul Bell

6 Years Ago

Yeah you're right. Sometimes the bells ring to late.
Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

All we can do is cope, accept, and move on...

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1896 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 3, 2017
Last Updated on November 3, 2017

Author

Paul Bell
Paul Bell

About
I like poetry and stories that tell me something. Sometimes the shortest poems hit the hardest. If I post something serious, don't worry, a funny poem will follow. Don't hesitate to tell me if my po.. more..

Writing
The Dream The Dream

A Poem by Paul Bell


Full Bloom Full Bloom

A Poem by Paul Bell



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..