Arguing

Arguing

A Poem by Phill Oz O'fee
"

Take time out ............

"

Arguing


Use your sticks and stones

Instead of hurtful harsh words

I would feel less pain

Copyright @ Phillozofee 2017

© 2017 Phill Oz O'fee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

YOU SAID SO MUCH IN A SHORT VERSION.. VERY TRUE INDEED... WE NEED TO DO AWAY WITH ONLINE BULLIES WHO HURL WORDS OF HATE OR INSULT THE BODY AND SOUL OF THEIR VICTIM
NO STICKS OR STONES NEEDED GREAT JOB!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Words are only venom to the mind. If you don't give them teeth, they won't bite. Easier said than done, I guess. I know like many I too let them bite. And God do they hurt. A stick will break your legs, but words can burn down your soul. Insightingly enjoyable poem. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


yes, words are so powerful....as Dickinson said "the power to kill and the power to heal"

nicely said Phill

Posted 6 Years Ago


i agree, words can really hit low, nice poem keep making more

Posted 6 Years Ago


It seems there is a great surplus of hurtful words around today and the anonymity of the internet makes it a mask for cowards to hurl insults from a safe distance. But those words are never as hurtful as ones that come from a loved one. I figured out long ago that how much you care about someone is directly proportionate to their ability to piss you off. Good write, short and to the mark.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I won't deny, it takes great courage to bottle up hot steam when the other person hits you with verbal stones and sticks.... It is a virtue we all admire but once in a while it is inevitable.

Anyone who don't offend in words is a perfect man.

Posted 6 Years Ago


mmm very true Phill... the marks of stones and sticks can be forgotten but the ones that harsh hurtful words leave... they stay on forever and its not easy to forgive...

the worst kinds as you can never show your damage to others.....

very nicely done in few words..

Posted 6 Years Ago


the power of life and death is in the tongue-Proverbs 18:21

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Mirror

6 Years Ago

Beautiful review ma'am
Yes and more yes! Great senryu and powerful image and words. Verbal abuse and written abuse slays- both literally and figuratively. Thanks for the most important and eloquent poem Phill!

Posted 6 Years Ago


I always say that mental and emotional abuse is much harmful than the physical one, and You've said it just strongly right!!!

Posted 6 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1344 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 14, 2017
Last Updated on November 14, 2017

Author

Phill Oz O'fee
Phill Oz O'fee

Winchester, Hampshire, England, United Kingdom



About
I am caught in a time spiral of confusion; that period we all experience between birth and death. Somewhere inside hides a poet, writer, lyricist and/or whatever, laying dormant and suppressed by s.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..