Into Neutral- A Toy It May Be

Into Neutral- A Toy It May Be

A Chapter by Spencer Barker

On his ninth birthday, Billy received out of sea blue stripped package, a rose red of a car. The enamel shined, its light covered in the smile of a boy too excited to keep from playing. Relatives and friends watched him, his smile from ear to ear rose.


“Can I take it outside, Mommy?” he asked. He was a shot outside before anyone else could say no.


Vrooom Vrooom the little car squeaked, passing through winds far more excitable than most.


From the cutting of his cake and the departure of his guests, Billy played and played. He imagined himself, the driver, a smokin’ rockin’ maniac ready to tear up the road. The lanes of cars drove out of the way to let him pass; nobody messed with Billy and his car, not even…

Billy, it’s time to go to bed, sweetie.” “Okay Mom.” He said.


Dreams come and go, but the image Billy drew of himself, the meanest awesomest driver ever, would come to a terrifying turn.


Soon enough. 



© 2016 Spencer Barker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the onomatopoeia you added in such as vrooom, it's realistic.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Spencer Barker

8 Years Ago

I am glad you like it! Thank you for the review. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 7, 2016
Last Updated on April 7, 2016
Tags: Horror, Terror, Book, Scary, Billy, Cars, Story