Simply

Simply

A Poem by Alicia™
"

Without the unnatural in the world, your destiny would be with me, simply.

"

All those people –

Their faces, I see them not.

I see only you
And no one else,
My dear.
 
My love to you,
I’ll proclaim over, and over –
As many times as it takes
For you to love me.
 
I’ll take your hand
And make you safe,
Forever and always.
 
Without the unnatural in the world,
Your destiny would be with me,
Simply.
 
Now, my dear,
Won’t you forget the unnatural
And take my hand?
 
Side by side
You know
That we’d be together,
Simply.

© 2009 Alicia™


Author's Note

Alicia™
I usually don't write fanfic type poems, so this is my first. Anyways, this is written in Jacob's POV of his love for Bella.

Interpretations would be very much appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a beautiful peace of work, well done

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think it is beautiful as it is.

Posted 13 Years Ago


im not really a crazed twilight fan but i do appreciate how you can relate something like jacob's love for bella and interpret into your own confession of love for someone you care about.

i love the flow of this poem. very rhythmic and easy to follow.
the simple words had a profound effect.
very sweet poem, i can feel your sincerity, great work.



Posted 14 Years Ago


ahmayzing.
'nuff said.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Having read the Twilight series, I think that you captured Jacob's feelings for Bella perfectly in this poem. The way you executed this piece and the way you described Jacob's feelings really emphasised how truly simple his love for Bella is, as opposed to Edward's love for Bella which is significantly different. There was one typo in the third stanza, first line, where you missed an 'r' at the end of 'your'.
I thought that this piece flowed really well, and that it was a really beautiful write!
~PaperHearts =]

Posted 14 Years Ago


It's amazing. Great job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


it is weird because you say "without the unnatural in the world, your destiny would be with me, simply". However, the fact that Jacob is a werewolf is unnatural as well. I think that it was a lovely poem, and that it shows how simple love could be. I interprete it as a person longing to woo their desired love. It is a great poem, and the repetition of the world "simply" is implying how simple it is to be with someone and to be in a relationship with them. Even thought it is so "simple", sometimes, it isn't as "simple" Great poem, can't wait to read the next one, you should do one from Edwards POV while he is away from Bella in Eclipse, that would be interesting *sorry more of a Cullen fan, if you couldn't tell, lol*

Posted 14 Years Ago


I loved the feel.. the repeated proclaimation of a great love for another can never go wrong.. okay as long as it's not texting or calling like 10 times a day.. maybe there is a limit for me... I need space sometimes. Just simply BE-ing together is a nice concept.. to just BE is hard enough for most of us. This gave the feel of take my hand.. in invitation to live.. aside a yearned for depth. You know it's love when the other faces become clouded.. and no other image arises other than the one yearned for.. in that sentimental way I mean of course... as obssession also can carry that ingredient.. but love surely does contain a hint of obssession.. regardless what people say in my mind.

I like the overall feel.. guiding one into reality.. which can be such a scary place these days.. so much nicer submerged in the surreal dreamscape! Keep going.. interested to see your next piece!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

276 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 6, 2009
Last Updated on November 15, 2009

Author

Alicia™
Alicia™

Where dreamers reside



About
Hello, everyone! I don't think I really need to say my name, but I love getting to know people, so feel free to leave me a message. One thing though: please don't send me read requests for books or.. more..

Writing
Galaxy Galaxy

A Poem by Alicia™


Beyond You Beyond You

A Poem by Alicia™



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..