Chapter 2- Distractions

Chapter 2- Distractions

A Chapter by Dreamer

The bus ride home went faster than it normally did, and thankfully, it was much quieter. I had my headphones in and my music trying to distract me from my thoughts. Once I got home I grabbed a snack and went to my room, I layed back on my bed and breathed deeply. I pulled out my phone and texted Steven:

 

"hey... :/"

"hey cuz, take it you're still not doing well?"

"how'd ya guess?"

" I know you all to well (:"

" better than anyone else"

"wanna come over?"

" yes"

" I'll walk on over and get you, be in there in a half hour"

"ok, hey...Steven?"

"yeah?"

" I could use some distracting tonight"

" I'll come up with something"

 

Leave it to Steven to come up with the perfect distraction to get my mind off things, I thought to myself.

I rummaged through my closet and pulled out my favorite pair of jeans, a tee-shirt, and Steven's hoodie, I changed into them and waited on the porch for him.

 

I could see him about 2 blocks away, he was wearing a white tee-shirt and jeans, and a black jacket...and on his head he wore a brown beanie like he always did, I ran toward him and he lifted me up and hugged me... "ready for some fun?", he asked. "Absolutely", I replied. "Ok then, Let's get out of here". I jumped onto his back and we were off to find some trouble.

 

Once we arrived at Ryan's house, I jumped off of Steven's back and gave Ryan a hug..after all, he was like a brother to me. He squeezed me tightly and lifted me off the ground. "ello" he said with a goofy British accent. The three of us sat down and talked bullshit, drank and smoked. Normally, I don't drink and I only smoke cigarettes on occasion, I didn't seem to mind it though.. I felt content and safe sitting here with Ryan and Steven, I wasn't thinking about my problems, my depression, or Tristian.. I was thinking of only one thing, and that was how lucky I was to have Steven and Ryan, how I would do anything for them. 

 

 

 



© 2013 Dreamer


Author's Note

Dreamer
Not finished.. open to thoughts and suggestions though

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I would suggest a more eventful episode. You have to introduce elements that captivate your readers, because it is not an audio-visual, thus the readers are more likely to become indifferent. I will keep an eye on the progress of the story. you have a good colloquial, easy style and I love that.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dreamer

10 Years Ago

thanks, like I said it's not finished... but I'm working on it and I appreciate your suggestions

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
1 Review
Added on October 22, 2013
Last Updated on October 24, 2013


Author

Dreamer
Dreamer

Jackson, OH



About
My name is Katie, I'm a senior in high school who loves reading, writing & photography. My dream college is University of Cincinnati... I've wanted to go there since I was 8. I love playing soccer an.. more..

Writing