Chapter 1 - Couldn't live without him

Chapter 1 - Couldn't live without him

A Chapter by Dreamer

I run down the empty hallways, making left turns and right turns until I find my way to the staircase at the back of the school, that practically nobody ever uses. I 'plop' down on the steps and begin to cry...I no longer have to hold it in because nobody is around to see.

 

A few minutes go by, and the tears are 'pouring' down my face and landing on the sleeves of my shirt. I didn't hear the footsteps approaching but suddenly I'm pulled in from behind and his voice whispers in my ear "it's going to be ok" as he strokes my hair away from my face.

 

I don't speak a word, neither does he... mutual silence fills the air. He kisses me lightly on my forehead and I lay my head against his chest and listen to his heartbeat, I feel safe and content in his warm embrace. 


He pulls me to my feet, seeing goosebumps on my arms he automatically takes his jacket off and puts it on me and hugs me. Then, the bell rings for class to end and people 'pour' into the halls as they shuffle to their next class. Steven pulls my arm and walks me to class, " I'll see you after class Katie". I nod my head in agreement and watch him walk away to government. I sigh and go into study hall and take my seat, study hall is one of those classes that seem to drag on no matter what day it is, especially when you have it as the last class of the day.


The bell rang for seniors to be dismissed, Steven was waiting at the end of the hallway for me like he was everyday. Seeing him almost immediately, i quickened my pace and hugged him as if i hadn't seen him all week. "How you doing? he asked, my silence answered his question "that bad,huh?", i nodded and sighed. He wrapped his arm around my waist and walked me to my bus, as my bus pulled up, Steven hugged me once more and whispered "love you", "love you too" i answered. 


On the bus I took my usual seat in the very back with Carrie. "hey, who's that guy you were just with?" she asked me. "Steven", I replied. "Is he your boyfriend?", I shook my head and laughed "no way! he's my cousin!", "oh, well.. it looks like he really cares about you". "yeah, I couldn't live without him", I answered.



© 2013 Dreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good chapter. You gave enough to keep the reader interest. You create a solemn situation where tears and sadness is all you got. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dreamer

10 Years Ago

thanks again for your positive review!! I'm glad you liked it (:
It's not finished but here is a preview of the first chapter, reviews and suggestions are encouraged!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nice chapter. Short and seaweed. But why was she crying in the first place?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dreamer

10 Years Ago

Lol, don't you hate autocorrect?! I'm glad you look forward to reading more, and i'd be more than ha.. read more
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Alrighty then. Thanketh you!
Dreamer

10 Years Ago

You're welcome! and thank you for showing interest in my book.
Nice read, i look forward to reading you're next chapter :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dreamer

10 Years Ago

Thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying it so far.
"mutual silence fills the air. He kisses me lightly on my forehead and I lay my head against his chest and listen to his heartbeat, I feel safe and content in his warm embrace."

A splendid read and write...Thank you for sharing...:)



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dreamer

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much Sami (: I hope you read more of my story once i find the time to complete it.
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

No problem...You are welcome...:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 26, 2013
Last Updated on October 23, 2013


Author

Dreamer
Dreamer

Jackson, OH



About
My name is Katie, I'm a senior in high school who loves reading, writing & photography. My dream college is University of Cincinnati... I've wanted to go there since I was 8. I love playing soccer an.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Preface Preface

A Chapter by Kasey Miriam


1 1

A Chapter by Lowesy