Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Dreamer

Tristian Gage Morgan was my best friend since 6th grade. He was tall, had brown hair and brown eyes.

He was funny, he could be quiet one day and rambunctious the next. He was an incredible person despite what others may have said about him. He never seen his true potential like I did. Words could never describe how remarkable he was.

 

Tristian was always there for me, but it seems like the day he probably needed me the most...I wasn't there, wasn't there to save him. Tristian and I had been more than best friends, we had also been on again- off again kind of couple. No matter what happened in our relationship, it never affected the love we had for eachother.  

 

On the early morning hours of November 17th, 2012 I lost my best friend. He was at our friend "Smithy"'s house, goofing off as they usually do... some say drugs were involved, it wouldn't surprise me. He fell and hit his head and went into cardiac arrest...he shortly died later at the hospital.

 

I can still remember the phone call I received first thing that morning, my friend Kelsey calling to tell me that Tristian who I had just spoken to on the phone last night was gone. I wasn't sure how to react, I was shocked... I wanted to believe that it was a mistake, I called his phone probably a dozen times in a row needing desperately to hear his voice. No matter how hard I wanted it to be a lie... it wasn't. 

 

Memories of Tristian start flooding my head, and I start crying so much I have to gasp for air. Gone, my best friend gone? It just can't be possible, I thought. I had just talked to him a few hours before, he was perfectly fine... the last words I heard him say were " I love you Katie, never forget that". I promised I wouldn't and now that he's gone I'm determined to remember those final words he said to me that night.

 

He was 16 years old when he left me. Only 16 years old, that is too damn young to die. I think about all the things he'll never get to do that he was always telling me about. He'll never get to be on the football field with me in May 2014 to graduate, he'll never get to go to the Marines like he always wanted, and he'll never have a family of his own.. we had even spoken about that future together a couple times. Thinking of all the things he'll never get to do makes it hard sometimes to want to live life when he didn't get to finish his. Many times I tell myself, " Life isn't worth living if my best friend isn't a part of it".



© 2013 Dreamer


Author's Note

Dreamer
Not finished but feel free to review or make suggestions..

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A very good prologue. You gave reason and purpose for the story. I like the storyline you create. Opportunity for a very good tale. Death is difficult for the young always. Thank you for sharing the excellent prologue.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dreamer

10 Years Ago

Why thank you for your review! I'm glad you liked it!!



Reviews

Seem like interesting story, looking forward to read more...if it's true story than i'm sorry for your loss...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dreamer

10 Years Ago

thank you, and yes unfortunately it is a true story
A. Amos

10 Years Ago

Please accept my condolences and you're most welcome
Dreamer

10 Years Ago

I appreciate your sympathy
A very good prologue. You gave reason and purpose for the story. I like the storyline you create. Opportunity for a very good tale. Death is difficult for the young always. Thank you for sharing the excellent prologue.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dreamer

10 Years Ago

Why thank you for your review! I'm glad you liked it!!
Great write...nicely penned :-)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dreamer

10 Years Ago

thank you very much! I appreciate your review (:

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 2, 2013
Last Updated on November 5, 2013


Author

Dreamer
Dreamer

Jackson, OH



About
My name is Katie, I'm a senior in high school who loves reading, writing & photography. My dream college is University of Cincinnati... I've wanted to go there since I was 8. I love playing soccer an.. more..

Writing