Part 3

Part 3

A Chapter by Swetha

PART 3

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          MANGALORE, 2014

 

"So good to see you Sara, welcome back", Arpita greeted who had come to airport to receive Sara along with Sara's family.

"Thanks Arpu, finally after a long time", said Sara and hugged Arpita so tight that they became inseparable.

"Look at you, how weak you have become", said Sara's Mom.

"Oh Mom, I am fit and fine.  You worry so much", said Sara and gave her Mom a tight hug.

"I don't find her weak at all Mom.  Hey missed you Sis", said Suraj.

"Hey, never thought you would miss me Bro", Sara said and hugged her brother.

"How are you my dear?  Finally you are here", said Sara's dad.

"I am good Dad, you have become old, hehe", said Sara and hugged her Dad as well.

"I am so happy today", said Sara's Mom with full of emotions.

"Aww, Mom.  By the way Arpu, where is your better half"? asked Sara.

"He is in Bangalore, will be coming during the weekend.  Full hectic schedule you see", said Arpita.

"Hmm and how are Seema, Pavan and Nishu"?

"All good.  They too wanted to come but then it would have been too much of crowd", said Arpita.

"Ok now shall we go home and can do rest of the talking on the way", said Sara's Dad.

 

 

Sara's Mom had prepared all of her favourite food.  She was pampered like a baby.  Sara had come back after eight long years.  After coming home she realised how much she had actually missed her family and her friends.  Seema, Pavan and Nishanth informed that they would be coming later in the evening once Sara was well settled.  Once at home with her family Sara realised nothing is better than being with your closed ones.  How could have she remained away from them for so long.

 

"What!!! Are you serious, I mean you didn't tell me anything over the phone", Sara was asking Arpita who just gave her the news about her pregnancy.

"Its been only 2 months Sara and I thought I will tell this once you are here.  After Sandeep you are the first one to know.  We have not yet informed our families as well".

"Wow, that's great news Arpu.  Finally you have conceived.  I know you guys were trying for quite a long time now".

"Yes, we had to undergo some treatments as well.  And one more surprising news is Seema too is 4 months pregnant now".

"What!!! I mean even she didn't tell anything.  You guys are unbelievable".

"She told us also only after 3 months and then you were anyhow coming, so she thought she would tell you face to face but hey don't tell her that I have already told you".

"Ok ok.  She has completed 6 years of her marriage right"?

"Yes but she was not trying.  They had proper plans about when to conceive and all".

 

 

Sara was happy for her friends.  She still had more news to come from them though.

 

"Hey Sara, finally after a long time huh"?, hugged Nishanth.

"Nice to see you Nishu", said Sara.

"Aww, missed you so much Sara.  Come on give me a hug now", said Seema in her usual self.

"That's so sweet of you Seema", Sara hugged her back.

"You look still the same Sara.  Nice to see you", said Pavan.

"Thanks Pavan, you all are still the same too", said Sara.

"Well well, we have some really interesting news for you Sara", said Nishanth.

"Really and what are they"?

"Well the first one is Pavan is getting engaged in two weeks", said Nishanth.

"Wow, that's great Pavan.  Arranged or love"?, Sara asked.

"Arranged Sara, you know me", said Pavan.

"Hmm and what's the other one", asked Sara.

"Seema, come on tell her", said Nishanth.

"Well I am four months pregnant now Sara", said Seema.

"What!!, I mean that's wonderful Seema, so happy for you", Sara had to pretend of not knowing Seema's pregnancy.

"Its so good that we all are here today at one place.  The reunion will be rocking", said Seema.

"It sure would be and Nishu no wedding bells for you"?, asked Sara.

"Well I am dating one girl from past one year now.  Let's see how it goes", said Nishanth.

 

Nishanth had never dated any girl for such a long time.  This time he was bit serious.  Nishanth had very well took over his Dad's business and was going really well with that.  Seema's husband was also into fishing business like her father but in Bombay.  Seema had come from Bombay for this reunion.  Pavan had a good job in Bangalore and his fiancee was also working in Bangalore.  It was arranged by his parents. 

 

Sara was overwhelmed to see all her friends well settled in their lives and also very happy.  Somewhere she felt the pain of being alone without any love nor a family of her own.  If everything had went well Sara also would have had her own family by now.  She had never regretted of being alone but Seema's and Arpita's pregnancy news made her to think if she could ever have her own family and be as happy as they were in their lives.

 

They all didn't have any tragic love story before they got married.  They were happy to marry the person whom their parents chose for them.  But Sara had a total different story.  She still had Siddharth and his memories with her which used to haunt her everyday.  She had went to New York to escape from all his memories but it didn't really happen.  And now if her parents asked her to think about marriage, she had no reason to escape this time.  She either had to accept for marriage proposal or had to tell them all the truth.  Sara wondered if she could ever tell them the real fact, would they be able to understand her.

 

 

"So how long is the leave approved for Sara"? asked Sara's dad after they all had finished dinner.

"What do you mean by how long Satish? She is not going back", said her Mom.

"Ya Mom has all plans for Sis.  She has already started for groom hunt", said Suraj pulling Sara's leg.

"But Mom, I have to go back.  I can't just leave everything like that", said Sara.

"I don't want to listen a thing now.  All these years you have been giving different reasons and now when you are finally here you want me to send you back so that you never turn up again", said Sara's Mom.

"But Savitha she might have some responsibilities over there.  At least let her allow to cover up everything there", said Sara's Dad which indirectly meant even he didn't wanted Sara to permanently settle in New York.

"Let her do that over phone from here itself.  What ever left over luggage you have there let it be or you can ask your friends to courier it to you over here.  Most important is your passport which you have with you".

"But Mom this is impossible.  I have to answer my manager and there are so many other things".

"I don't care.  I am not sending you anywhere now.  If you want to go you better marry first and then you can go anywhere you want".

"Mom you are unbelievable.  I am not yet ready for marriage business".

"What's wrong with you Sara.  Look at your friends, how well settled they are in their lives.  Don't you feel like having your own family.  If you have anyone in mind then tell us, we won't oppose your choice.  You know that very well".

 

Sara did have someone in her mind but her main problem was that someone didn't have her in his heart.  How could she ever explain this to her parents.  She herself didn't wanted to go back but she didn't wanted to stay either.  She was in lot of confusions.  She also had to answer Vishwas.  She immediately remembered that she had totally forgot to inform Vishwas of her arrival.  She then messaged him on watsapp

"hey, sorry for my lateness, arrived without any problem". 

She immediately got a reply from him, "no worries.  Can understand you might have got busy with your parents".

"must be busy at work"? Sara messaged again.

"ya sort of.  I have read your story".

"Oh, so now you know me fully".

"yes but my feelings are still the same".

"hmm, ok then, going to sleep now.  Will catch you later.  I have messaged Sandy and Aman as well".

"cutting off the topic again!! you would never change.  Anyways take care".

 

Sara used to feel very bad for Vishwas at times.  She knew exactly how he felt because she herself has undergone that pain or can say still experiencing that pain of not having someone you really love.  She had to make a decision soon.  She just couldn't avoid matters anymore.  Another four days and she will be seeing Siddharth during the reunion.  She felt lot of emotions inside her as she thought of Siddharth.  She imagined how would be that moment when she sees him.  Will he be the same old Sidharth or at least now she would have some chance.

 

"Wow this place is still the same.  Feels so good to be here", said Sara who along with her friends was revisiting the places they used to hang out at.

"Yes after you left we really didn't come here.  All of us got busy with our own work", said Seema.

"Very true.  Hey lets have a picture so that we can always have a memory", said Pavan.

"And who could do that better than Sara now", said Nishanth.

"Yes Sara dear, you are a well known photographer now, come on lets have a selfie", said Arpita.

"Very well", said Sara and clicked a selfie.

"You must be earning very well there"?, asked Pavan.

"Ya sort of and I do enjoy my job", said Sara.

"Are you still with the same company"? asked Seema.

"No, I have changed now as I got better offer elsewhere and they took care of my visa thing also.  They are very good and I get very well recognized for my job also", said Sara.

"Thats good and I bet you are good at your job", said Arpita.

"Well yes, I mean I myself can make out my progress as a photographer.  I can now handle huge assignments on my own without any assistance".

"You must be very busy with all the photo shoots and all", said Nishanth.

"At times yes but I don't mind being busy".

"Wow, I still can't believe you are here.  After all that excuses of yours I thought you won't make it this time as well", said Arpita.

"Didn't feel like ditching you guys this time", winked Sara.

 

Sara was enjoying her stay with her family and friends.  She had a pressure from her family especially from her Mom regarding her marriage.  Her Mom didn't wanted to send her back this time.

 

"I don't know what this girl want to do in her life.  She is already 28 and still she doesn't want to get married", Sara's Mom was expressing her grief with Sara's Dad.

"Don't worry Savitha, give her some time".

"But Satish eight long years she has been in New York.  Was this time not enough for her to think"?

"I can understand your concern Savitha but who knows what's going on in her mind".

"I seriously think there is something which she is not sharing with us.  Another two or three years Suraj will be eligible for marriage".

"There's nothing like that.  You worry too much.  Now a days girls get married very late.  Don't keep stressing her.  Who knows this time when she goes she may not return at all".

"I am not going to send her without sorting out few things with her.  I am her mother and I can very well sense that something has gone very wrong".

"You do one thing, ask Suraj if he can look for a job in New York.  That way Sara will not be left alone".

"You are impossible Satish.  Here I am not able to bear one child being away from me and you are asking another one also to go and settle overseas".

"It was just a suggestion Savitha".

"A very bad one though.  Because of his work in Bombay we hardly see him and if he also goes overseas, then forget about it".

 

Suraj after his engineering did M.tech.  He then worked in Bangalore for sometime before he moved to Bombay where he got a better job offer.  He had got many onsite offers but he had rejected all of them mainly because of his mother.  He knew that his mother used to be very lonely and depressed at times after Sara moved to New York.  He didn't wanted to give more pain by going away.  He was very happy at his job and doing very well and was least interested in onsite offers.

 

Though Suraj was only three years younger to Sara, they didn't really share close relationship.  Sara never used to discuss her personal issues with him nor Suraj ever told her anything about his interests.  They used to have fun, go out together on family outings, pull each other's legs at times, tease each other but on personal front they were very far from one another.

 

But Suraj was very close to his Mom and shared everything with her from the first crush he had in college till the craziest thing he had done till date.  He liked telling these things with his Mom and his Mom also used to give small advices.  He didn't care of being called mama's boy.  He had a huge respect for his family and couldn't ever think of hurting them.  He believed family was everything and one can never be happy without them or by hurting them.  He had also promised his Mom that he would get married to any girl suggested by her and would not question anything.  Suraj was very much a family man and spent his free time with them unlike Sara for whom her friends were everything.

 

 

"You are going back so early Bro"? Sara was asking Suraj who was all set to return to Bombay.

"Yes, have some work there.  I had come only to see you".

"Oh but another two days its weekend".

"And you will be busy in your reunion".

"I know but......."

"Don't worry I will come again before you leave".

"Hmm if at all Mom would allow me".

"Then why don't you stay back.  You can start your own business here".

"Me and own business, do you think I am capable of handling all that"?

"Why not, initially will be tough but I am sure you will be fine".

"I am happy to work under others, not really keen on doing anything on my own".

"Then look for something here or in Bangalore.  Mom will be very happy.  She misses you a lot".

"Do you think I don't miss her?  Its' just that........, anyways what time is your flight"?

"You can share with me Sis.  I promise your secret will be safe with me".

"There's nothing like that Suraj.  There are some things which is better if unsaid".

"As your wish but do think about Mom and Dad.  I guess there is nothing more important than them.  Family comes above all".

"I know Suraj and I even know that I have hurt them.  I have even been selfish at times but what to do I don't have a big heart like you.  You are a very good son they can have but I have failed them as a daughter".

 

Sara knew she had failed as a daughter.  She had become very selfish where she was thinking only about herself, her pain, her love, her grief.  She knew she would never be happy with someone else.  Sara knew Suraj was right that nothing is more important than a family but she was helpless.

 

"So where's the outing today"?, Sara's mom asked seeing Sara getting ready.

"We have planned for some movie followed by lunch and then some beach".

"All time with friends only, spend some time with us also Sara".

"Aww, no problem Mom.  I would call them and cancel today's program then".

"I was only joking Sara.  No need to cancel anything.  You carry on".

"Are you sure"?

"Yes dear I am sure, but come home early".

"Sure Mom and we can go for a dinner tonight.  Don't cook anything".

"Oh what's the matter"?

"Nothing Mom, its been a long time we all went together".

"Wish Suraj was also here".

"He anyhow don't like eating out.  I don't know how he manages in Bombay".

"He has a lady who comes and cooks for him.  But still he always miss my cooking".

"Aww, that's so cute.  Anyways I am getting late now, will catch you in evening.  Be ready".

 

 

Sara's Mom could hear some phone ringing.  It was Sara's mobile.  She had left it at home in a hurry.  Sara's Mom picks up her mobile,

"Hello"? answers Sara's Mom.

"Hello, Sara"?

"No I am her Mom.  She left her cell at home.  May I know who is this".

"Oh Hi Aunty, I am Vishwas from New York, Sara's friend".

"Oh, do you want me to pass any message to her"?

"No Aunty its fine.  Just tell her that I called.  What time she may get back".

"She said she will be back in evening but not sure.  I will ask her to call you once she is back".

"No worries Aunty.  Thanks a lot, bye".

 

Sara's Mom couldn't help but started to check Sara's mobile.  She knew Sara wouldn't tell anything and so she started to read Sara's whatsapp messages.

 

"Oh s**t"!!!! said Sara all of a sudden in movie hall.

"What happened"? asked Arpita.

"I left my cell at home.  How could I have been so stupid".

"What's the big deal? You can use any one of us phone to make a call", said Nishanth.

"Yes Sara, now come on enjoy the movie", said Seema.

"But guys.....", said Sara.

"Sshhhhh", said a middle aged guy who was sitting in the front row.

"Now keep quite Sara or else we will be thrown out", whispered Pavan.

 

Sara was just hoping no one would have called her cell in her absence.  She very well knew if her Mom gets to see her mobile then she would have to answer many things.

 

"Guys I have to rush home, you guys carry on with the lunch", Sara said once they were out of the movie hall.

"What's wrong Sara"?, asked Seema.

"I have to get my cell.  If my Mom sees, then I have had it".

"Oh come on Sara, your Mom will not be knowing your lock pattern or pin or whatever.  How could she unlock it", said Nishanth.

"But if someone calls then it automatically gets unlocked".

"Why have you kept such an option"? asked Pavan.

"Unknowingly I had kept that option.  Anyways I have to go".

"Don't stress too much Sara and more over what if your Mom sees.  What secret you have there huh"?, teased Arpita.

"Can't explain that now but seriously I have to go".

"Its already three hours now Sara.  Lets have lunch and then you can go", said Seema.

"But what if its too late".

"Nothing will happen.  You are acting as if you have stored some naughty pics in that", said Nishanth.

"Nishu, you are too much.  Its just that......"

"You can go after lunch and that's it", concluded Seema.

 

Sara had no other option but to abide.  She quickly finished her lunch with them and rushed back home hoping all was well.

 

"Oh you are early.  You said you will be late", said Sara's Mom on seeing Sara.

"Ya I had forgot my cell".

"So you will be going back again"?

"No, not in a mood now".

"Hmm, you want anything to drink"?

"No Mom I am fine.  I had kept my cell here itself.  Where is it"?

"Its here.  Who is this Vishwas"?

 

Sara was shocked to hear this name from her Mom.

"He is one of my friend in New York".

"But you never told anything about him".

"Well it got out of my mind and there is nothing special to tell also".

"Why do you have to keep all this to yourself Sara.  Why can't you speak your heart to us, at least to me"?

"What are you saying Mom"?

"I read those messages in your whatsapp.  He loves you right"?

"Mom!!! how can you read my personal messages"?

"Because you don't tell anything.  Look if you both really love each other then we don't have any problem".

"Its not that Mom.  You won't understand".

"Then make me understand Sara.  I can't see you like this anymore.  I just want to see you settled in life.  Am I asking too much".

"I am settled in my life and why it should be ended with marriage all the time.  Don't you think I can look after myself".

"You feel like that now but after certain age you will be left alone Sara, trust me my child".

 

Sara's Mom wanted answers.  She was not going to allow Sara to brush off this matter.  Sara also very well knew about it.

 

"I am still waiting Sara.  You have to answer me".

"Well Vishu is a very good friend of mine.  We know each other for about 5 years now".

"Its not just that Sara".

"Yes, he proposed me for marriage about 2 years back".

"So what did you say"?

"That I don't have any such feelings for him".

"But why Sara, you said he is a very good friend of yours".

"Yes Mom he is just a friend and I don't love him in that way".

"Then start seeing him in that way.  Who could be a better husband than a friend.  He knows you, loves you, understands you and still is waiting for you".

"Its not that easy Mom".

"What's so hard Sara? Is there something else"?

"No Mom, but....."

"But what Sara".

"Ok Mom I promise you that before I go back I will make some decision.  But until then you would not talk anything about it.  You have to give me this much time".

"Ok Sara but if you don't come to any conclusion then you also have to promise that you will abide whatever decision we make for you".

 

Sara promises her Mom.  The next day was her reunion where she hoped she could come to some conclusion.

 

 

"Someone's looking hot today", said Seema looking at Sara where all of them had gathered for the reunion.

"Not in your comparison Seema and also you Arpita. You both are glowing", said Sara.

"Ya we both have reasons for that you see", giggled Seema.

"Can we also have some flattering girls", said Nishanth.

"Hey Pavan you are looking good", said Arpita.

"Oh thank you", said Pavan.

"And what about me"? asked Nishanth.

"Oh Nishu, you always rock man", said Sara.

 

They all were having fun.  They met their old buddies who were all facebook friends but didn't really got to meet.  Senior batch boys and girls were also there.  Sara's eyes were searching for Siddharth.  Her heart was beating so fast it could have been heard by others as well.  She was excited and at the same time nervous to see him after these many years.

 

"Hey Sid, how are you? Long time huh"?, Sara could hear someone greeting Siddharth at her back.

 

She was almost freaking out to turn around and have a glance of him.  But with great courage she turned around to see if it was her Sid.  Yes it was her Sid, Siddharth, the person whom she loves so dearly.  He had not changed much.  He still looked the same except for the fact he had put some weight which now gave him some manly look.  Sara was mesmerized by his looks and wondered how he ruled her heart even after so many years.

 

 

"Hey Sara, how have you been.  After a long time huh"? Siddharth asked and gave a light hug to Sara.

"Ya, its really been a long time.  I am good, what about you"?

"You are only seeing, just the way you had left me", winked Siddharth.

"But you have put some weight".

"Oh is it? So looks good or bad"?

"What do you reckon"?

"Well haven't heard anything bad though".

"Hehe, you are looking good Sid.  It suits you".

"Thank god.  By the way you are looking gorgeous.  Well maintained I must say".

"Hey Sid, long time.  How are you and where are you these days", asked Seema.

"Hey beautiful, I am good.  Still in Bangalore da but I have started my own business though.  You are married right, where do you put up now".

"Wow that's good. Yes, I live in Bombay".

"Cool.  So Sara when did you get back from New York"?

"Just a week back".

"Oh then why didn't you give me a call?  You will be here for quite some time I guess".

"Not really, going back in two weeks".

"Oh really? Coming after so many years and staying only for couple of weeks!! Not done yaar".

"Ya ya as if you would have spent all the time with me".

"Would love to.  Lets plan for Coorg sometime.  And more over there is so much to talk to you.  Its been such a long time.  Last time also you left without saying anything".

 

 

Sid soon planned for a Coorg outing with Sara.  They planned for a three day trip to Coorg immediately after they finished the reunion.  Sara didn't wanted to lie to her parents about Coorg trip and therefore she told them the truth in rather a modified way.

 

"Who is this Sid, never heard about him during your college days"? asked Sara's Mom.

"Ya he was one year senior to me.  We have been good friends.  He is planning for Coorg with his friends and asked me if I would like to join.  I thought it would be a nice experience to explore a new place".

"Oh then Arpita, Seema, Nishanth and Pavan are also going with you"?

"No Mom, they all are not coming.  This is another group".

"How come its different.  I mean you all were in same college right"?

"Oh come on Savitha, now don't start your interrogation.  Let her go and enjoy", said Sara's Dad who always supported her.

"Thanks Dad.  Only I was close to Sid Mom.  Arpita and others only know him but not really very close and more over he didn't invite them".

"That's what I am asking, why didn't he invite them", asked Sara's Mom.

"Hmm, wait I will give you his number.  You better ask for yourself, now come on Mom.  I am not a kid anymore".

"I was just concerned Sara.  Anyways you take care and enjoy your trip".

 

 

Sara didn't tell her parents that she was going with Siddharth alone to Coorg.  Mention of a new name had made her Mom suspicious and if she had said no other friends are coming and she would be going alone with Siddharth then her Mom would have asked all sort of questions which she didn't wanted at this point of time.

 

Sara was all set for her trip with Siddharth after so many years.  She had never been to Coorg before and was very much looking forward to it.  She wondered what Siddharth wanted to talk to her when he had said "there is so much to talk with you".  Did he wanted to talk anything in particular or he just wanted a casual talk.  Whatever it might me, being with Siddharth all by herself that too after a gap of so many years was itself much exciting to her.  She wondered how she had managed to live away from him for so long.

 

Another set of thoughts that ran through Sara's mind was about Siddharth's status.  Would he still be single or he would be engaged or might be seeing someone.  As far as she knew Siddarth was not the type to get committed or fall in love but people change and what if  he also had changed.  Thought of Siddarth being in love with someone itself gave Sara an unbearable pain.  She wondered what will happen to her if Siddarth in reality would be seeing someone.  Arpita had asked Sara its high time now and she had to speak her heart out to Siddarth or else act practically and get married to someone of her parent's choice.

 

                        ---------------------------------

 

"Hey, sorry for keeping you waiting, hop on", said Sid who came to pick up Sara.

"No worries, you are only 10 min late".

"So how did you convince your Mom"?

"Just said going with few other friends".

"Hmm, going out alone with me could have made her suspicious".

"Sort of as she has never heard about you.  What have you told to your parents"?

"That I am bringing one of my friend.  They don't mind these things".

"Oh that's good".

"So, are you excited to see the new place"?

"Very much.  How long is the journey"?

"Its about 150 kms, so with all breaks it may take us about 5 hours".

"Hmm, we can share driving if you don't mind".

"Oh I didn't know that you could drive.  Why would I mind".

"Ya learnt in New York.  Having own vehicle over there helps a lot as my working hours are way too odd".

"You enjoy photography, that's good.  Let me know if you want to stop anywhere".

 

After about an hour drive, they stopped to have breakfast.  Sara's mother wanted to pack some food.  Sara didn't wanted her Mom to take the pain of cooking and so she asked her not to take stress as she don't mind having food outside.  Siddharth was also excited on this trip like Sara as they both were going out alone after a long time.  They both wanted to make this memorable.

 

 

"Not bad Sara, you drive very well", said Siddharth seeing Sara driving after they finished their breakfast.

"I know that but anyways thanks for your compliment".

"So how long do you plan to drive".

"You can take over after lunch".

"Hmm, so you will be driving three hours.  Ok I will take a nap till then".

"What!! I don't believe you are going to sleep".

"Ya what's wrong with that.  I mean its a straight road and if you are confused just wake me up".

"But Sid.......you are not allowed to sleep when you are next to the driver".

"Wow, this is the new one.  There is no such rule Ms Sara".

"Oh there is Mr Sid and its my rule".

"Ok ok, so what do you want me to do"?

"Just talk to me".

"Ok, so where do we start from"?

"Tell me something about your family.  You never told anything".

"Well you never really asked anything.  Anyways what you want to know"?

"I know that you have two elder sisters who I guess have been married by now".

"Yes they are. Elder one is in Bangalore and have two sons and the other one is in Malaysia.  She has one daughter.  Both well settled and happy in their lives".

"Hmm, so what about you"?

"What about me"?

"I mean when are you going to settle or are you engaged or..............."?

 

 

Siddharth was fast asleep before Sara could finish her sentence.  Sara thought of letting him sleep for a while as she didn't like disturbing him.  Sara remembered the day where she had met Siddharth for the last time before she flew to New York.  She had left without saying a word last time.  Would it have made any difference had she talked to Siddharth before going.

 

"Hey, sorry I slept.  It was not intentionally though", said Siddharth.

"Ya ya, whatever".

"You have been driving quite for a while now.  Just pull over at any restaurant.  Lets have lunch".

"I was thinking the same".

 

They had their lunch after which Siddharth took over for driving. 

 

"Wow I am indeed very tired now.  How long to reach there Sid"? asked Sara.

"Another hour and a half.  You do look exhausted.  Just have a quick nap.  You can lie down at the back seat if you want to".

"No its fine.  I will just push this seat back and make myself comfortable".

"Oh, so you are serious about sleeping"?

"Of course I am.  At least I am telling you".

"Well I also wanted to but ...........".

"No issues Sid.  Keep driving and listen to some music.  I don't think I will be able to hold on any longer", and Sara fell asleep.

 

 

They reached Coorg.  Coorg, a beautiful place with lot of greenery.  It's also known as Kodagu and is a tourist attraction.  It is known for its coffee and ethnic warrior people.  Coorg's traditions are very rich.  People here wear traditional costume.  Men wear knee -length half-sleeved coats known as Kupyas over a full sleeved white shirt.  A maroon and gold sash is tied at the waist and an silver dagger known as Peechekathi is tucked into it.  The saris worn by women are pleated at the back and a pallu fixed with the brooch is also wrapped in a unique way.  They cover their head with a scarf.

 

"Wow its a beautiful place", admired Sara who was looking out of the window.

"There is still lot to see.  This is just the beginning".

"I bet it would be very beautiful too.  I can take very good clicks here".

"You sure can".

 

Sara just couldn't stop admiring the beauty of this place.  They soon reached Siddharth's place where his parents were waiting for their arrival.  Siddharth introduced Sara to his parents who gave her a warm welcome.  Siddharth's father is a retired military man and his mother a housewife.  His father wanted Siddharth also to join the army but Siddharth was not at all interested.  Siddharth's house was very beautifully built in a traditional way and it was huge with five bedrooms.  All the bedrooms were at the top.  The ground floor had hall, dining hall and kitchen with open place at the middle of the house.  They had a big sit out at the front of the house.

 

 

"Wow aunty this coffee is very good", said Sara to Siddharth's Mom.

"Oh ya, my Mom is best at it", said Siddharth and winked.

"Why don't you show her around the house", said Siddharth's Mom.

"Ya sure, come Sara".

 

Siddharth showed his house, the small garden which was at the back of the house.

 

"Your house is too good Sid.  I mean I had always seen this kind of house in movies".

"Its new to you as you are seeing it for the first time.  But here most of the houses are like this".

"You are so lucky, I don't know how you manage to stay away from here".

"What to do, work calls you see".

"If I were in your place I would have never left this place".

"Hmm, then I wished you were here.  You would have never gone to New York and........" Siddharth cut his sentence in the mid way.

"Did you miss me"?

 

Before Siddharth could tell something, his Mom called them to come and have some snacks.  Sara felt so disappointed as she wanted to know what Siddharth would have said.  They both went inside where Siddharth's Mom had prepared some mouth watering food.

 

 

"This is so yummy aunty.  I am already full .  Its like a mini dinner", said Sara while having the snacks.

"You can have dinner bit late my dear.  My wife is a best cook you see", said Siddharth's Dad.

"No doubt in that uncle.  She is indeed a best cook.  Don't you miss this food Sid"?

"If at all it was in my hands, I would have took Mom with me to Bangalore", said Siddharth.

"Oh, you don't like Bangalore aunty"?

"Its not that I don't like but you know I can't leave everything here and go.  Your uncle has his friends here and we really get bored as there is nothing much to do over there", said Siddharth's Mom.

"That's true aunty.  Even my parents don't like to leave Mangalore.  They are so attached to that place.  My brother lives in Bombay and he keeps calling them but they don't want to go you see".

"What does your Dad do Sara"? asked Siddharth's Dad.

"He is a bank manager uncle.  He has one more year to retire and he is so worried about what he will do after that".

"Yes, initially its bit difficult and what about your Mom"? asked Siddharth's Dad again.

"She is a housewife but she used to work as a teacher long back.  After we were born she dedicated herself totally to look after us".

"So where are you taking her tomorrow Siddu"? asked Siddharth's Mom.

"I will first take her to Abbey falls and from there we will go to Raja's Seat to see the sunset", said Siddharth.

"Ok I will pack you some food.  You don't get anything near the falls", said Siddarth's Mom.

 

The next morning both Sara and Siddharth set off to Abbey falls.  The waterfall is located between private coffee plantations with stocky coffee bushes and spice estates.  A hanging bridge is situated just opposite the falls.  There is also a Kali Mata Temple on one side of the bridge.  The roar of the falls could be heard from the road.

 

Sara was mesmerized with the beauty of the falls.  Siddharth had been to these falls many times and it was not a new thing for him.  They both spent some time enjoying the waterfalls.

 

"This place is so nice Sid".

"You like water a lot right"?

"Ya I just love getting wet but why did you ask that".

"Because when in Mangalore you always loved going to beach".

"Oh I love those beaches so much.  I especially love going in the evening.  It will be so calm and cool.  I can spend hours just looking at the sea".

"Hmm and what you think looking at the sea".

"Nothing, just admire the beauty of the nature and wonder about God's creation.  Hey, I forgot about the camera.  Let's take some pictures".

"But we are all wet Sara....."

"Never mind its waterproof camera, now here, say cheese".

 

Sara took some pictures of the falls and Siddharth's.  They also took some selfies.

 

 

"Wow, I don't believe I am seeing this.  Thanks for bringing me here Sid", said Sara looking at the sunset in Raja's seat.

"Anytime Sara.  Do you want to know about this place"? asked Siddharth and told Sara some details about the place.

 

Raja's seat (seat of King) is a seasonal garden of flowers and artificial fountains.  Its a pleasant spectacle of refreshing greenery and chain of high and low rise mountains attired with mist.  It was favorite of Kings who used to watch the setting sun and spend time with their queens.  This lovely spot was favorite place of recreation for Rajas and hence was permanently associated with them.  The golden light of the setting sun is a splendor to watch.

 

Sara clicked few pictures of the scenic beauty.  She was totally lost in this splendid place.

 

"How cool is this place.  Wish I could stay back here forever", said Sara.

"Who is stopping you"? asked Siddharth.

"Same like you, work calls you see".

"When are you going back you said"?

"End of next week.  Pavan is getting engaged this weekend".

"Hmm, can I ask you something"?

"What"?

"I know you are not married but are you seeing someone"?

 

 

Before Sara could answer that, she gets a call on her phone.  It was Vishwas from New York.  She talks for sometime and hangs up.

 

"Who was that"? asked Siddharth.

"Oh it was Vishu, a very good friend of mine in New York.  We used to work together".

"Hmm, so you didn't answer me.  Are you seeing someone"?

"What do you think"?

"How can I comment on that but somehow I feel you are still single".

"Yes I am, does it make any difference"?

"It sure does Sara".

"What about you Sid"?

"You know me, do you think I can get committed to any one girl"?

"Why are you so scared of commitment Sid"?

"I don't know Sara but you know what, now I am tired of these passing affairs.  Somehow I don't feel anything great about it".

"Then why didn't you get married"?

"There is a reason for that which I will tell you when time comes.  But why didn't you get married"?

"What to do, you were not there right"? giggled Sara "but now my parents are forcing me for marriage.  My Mom wants me to decide something before I go".

"Like what"?

"I have time only till next weekend.  If I don't decide anything then I have to marry a guy whom they choose for me".

 

 

Three days of Coorg trip went very quickly.  Siddharth and Sara were on their way back to Mangalore.  Sara had very much enjoyed these three days and it was a memorable trip to both Sara and Siddharth.

 

"Wow, that went quickly.  So when are you going back to Bangalore Sid"?

"I will be leaving tomorrow night".

"Oh you are not staying back for Pavan's engagement.  I am sure he would have invited you".

"He did but I have few meetings which I can't miss".

"Hmm, ok.  Work is also important".

"Why did you just left without saying anything last time Sara"?

"I didn't wanted to disturb you and more over what difference it would have made".

"So what have you decided about your marriage"?

"I am not sure but I guess there is no escape this time.  I have to answer my parents and also Vishu".

"Why him"?

"He had proposed me few years back but I had rejected as I didn't had any feelings for him.  But he still loves me".

"And now........"

"I have promised him that I would let him know my final answer as soon as I get back there.  I still don't know what to say but if marrying is the only option then why not your best friend".

 

       

                               

                -----------------------------------

 

It was Pavan's engagement.  His fiancee was looking beautiful.  Days were passing quickly and Sara had only one more week left to return to New York.

 

"Hey Sara, how was your Coorg trip"? asked Seema.

"It was very nice.  We all must go there once.  Its such a beautiful place".

"Hmm I don't see it happening though", said Nishanth.

"What are you talking about Nishu"? asked Seema.

"Sara is going back next week and god knows when she will return.  So I don't see that trip happening", said Nishanth.

"Oh yes, just stay back na Sara.  Its so good here.  We all can have regular outings you see", said Seema.

"Only one person can make her stay back", said Arpita.

"Arpu, no......", Sara almost yelled.

"What's the matter.  Is there any secret that too between us"? asked Seema.

"I guess they have the right to know Sara.  We all are friends", said Arpita.

"Ok, but hey see there, they are exchanging rings", said Sara.

"Oh yes, they both look so good.  But we do want to know Sara", said Nishanth.

 

Engagement ceremony went very well.  Sara and her friends finished their dinner.  Once all the crowd dispersed they all gathered at one place and were curious to know what Arpita meant.  Sara then told them the whole story about her and Siddharth and how badly she loved him.

 

 

"I don't know why or how but I always felt that you both loved each other seriously", said Nishanth once Sara was done.

"But why didn't you tell him Sara.  You are such a mad girl", said Seema.

"He never believed in commitment Seema but still I had made up my mind to tell him after graduation when I went to Bangalore".

"Then why didn't you tell him"? asked Pavan.

"He had not changed.  He was still the same old play boy and I didn't wanted to force my feelings on him".

"But who knows Sara, if you had told him then he would have realised that even he loved you", said Seema.

"Yes Sara, what would have happened at the worst part, he would have rejected but at least you would have been relieved that you had tried", said Nishanth.

"I tried telling her this so many times. She has her own funny logic to everything", said Arpita.

"Still there is time Sara, just talk to him once before you take any decision.  After all its about your life", said Pavan.

"I tried telling him during this trip also but somehow I don't find words", said Sara.

"You are scared of rejection", said Nishanth.

"May be but.......", said Sara.

"You have one more person to answer.  You can't just remain confused about your life", said Arpita.

"One more person, now who's that"? asked Seema.

 

Sara now had to tell them about Vishwas also.  She told them that he is deeply and madly in love with her.

 

 

"Oh gosh, your life is quite interesting Sara", said Seema after learning about Vishwas.

"That guy is loving her for quite a long time now", said Arpita.

"Wow, have you told him about your love for Sid"? asked Nishanth.

"Yes, I told him everything in a letter before I came here", said Sara.

"And........"? asked Pavan.

"He says his feelings are still the same and will be waiting for my answer", said Sara.

"How very romantic Sara.  Then what are you thinking or waiting for"? asked Seema.

"I don't love him", said Sara.

"Now this is too much Sara.  You don't love the person who is crazy about you and the one for whom you are crazy, you don't want to confess to him", said Nishanth.

"Look Sara, you have to marry someone anyhow.  If you don't want to tell anything to Sid then fair enough.  But at least don't make someone long for you like this.  Its not fair on your part", said Pavan.

"I know guys but I have told him that he need not wait for me but he never understands", said Sara.

"He at least confessed his love but you Sara, you are longing for someone who doesn't have any clue about your feelings", said Arpita.

"Yes Sara, either confess your love to Sid or else just accept Vishwas's proposal", said Seema.

"You are left with only a week now after which your parents will force you for marriage.  At least think about them Sara", said Arpita.

 

 

Sara knew all her friends were right.  She didn't had any right to make someone long for her when she herself was going through that pain, pain of not having the person you love dearly.  She either had to confess her love to Siddharth or accept Vishwaas as her life partner.  Sara was either having lot of confusions or fear of rejection.

 

"I know I am not doing right with Vishwas but it is also true that I am not doing intentionally.  Its not that I don't want to confess my love but yes I am scared of rejection.  Now at least I can console myself with the thought that Sid doesn't know anything but after confessing if he rejects then there is no hope at all.  How will I face his rejection.  God knows that its not about my ego.  I can't act selfish anymore.  I have already hurt my parents a lot.  I can't do that anymore.  I know what to do and right or wrong, I will go with it".

 

With all these thoughts Sara finally made up her mind and took some decision.  She didn't wanted to confess her love to Siddarth and face rejection.  She could lead her whole life thinking if at all she had confessed there might have been a chance rather than losing all hopes.  For others it might look like Sara's ego but the fact was she wanted a hope in her life that the person whom she loved would have loved back if at all he had known.  This hope was enough to lead her life.  More over there is always a saying, "don't marry a person whom you love but instead marry a person who loves you".  This saying went very well with Sara's situation and finally she was ready to face her parents and tell them her decision.

 

 

"Mom, Dad I want to talk to you both", said Sara.

"I know its only 3 days left and you are adamant about going back right"? asked Sara's Mom who tried hard to control her tears.

"Savitha, don't jump to conclusions.  Just listen to her first.  What's the matter my child"? asked Sara's Dad.

"I know I have hurt you both a lot.  I also know I have failed as a daughter", said Sara with her eyes covered with tears.

"Hey Sara, no my dear.  You have never done anything wrong.  You are my good daughter", said her Mom and gave her a hug.

"No Mom, I always did what I wanted.  I never thought how you would feel.  It was always about my wish, my dream, my career, all only about myself".

"There is nothing wrong in that Sara.  If its your life then everything should be according to your wish only dear", said her Dad.

"You both are very nice and I am one lucky girl to have you both as my parents but no parent should have a daughter like me who is so selfish".

"Stop Sara, you are the best daughter one could have", said her Mom.

"That's very sweet of you Mom but now I want to be a good daughter and so I have decided to get married".

"That's very nice Sara but you don't have to do this for our sake.  You can still think about it", said her Dad.

"Yes Sara, I don't want to do any emotional blackmail to you.  Its your life and you have all the right to lead it your way", said her Mom.

"But I have thought about it and now there is no turning back", said Sara.

 

Sara became very emotional while telling this decision to her parents and she just couldn't control her tears after their positive attitude towards her.

 

"Have you anyone in your mind or ......"? asked Sara's Dad.

"His name is Vishwas and he too lives in New York and photographer by profession.  We both used to work together but now he runs his own firm there", said Sara.

"Which part of India he belong to"? asked her Mom.

"He is from Bombay Mom.  He is the only son to his parents who live in Bombay.  Both his parents were government employees who are now retired".

"Do they know about you both"? asked her Mom again.

"They know that I am a good friend of his but I talked to him 2 days back and he said he will fly to Bombay by end of this week and then will come here with them".

"Oh that means you are not going back as per your plan"? asked her Dad.

"No Dad, we will fly back together after all the rituals are done".

"Oh there is no much time left then", said her Mom in a worry.

"Don't worry Mom, I have talked to my manager and explained my situation.  He has approved for my extended leave.  But Mom maximum I can give is three months".

"Thats more than enough.  Once he is here with his parents, we will fix the date and start off with invitations.  But Sara my dear, you are happy with this decision right"? asked Sara's Mom.

 

 

Sara was happy that she was able to take some decision.  She was happy to see her parents happy for her.  She was happy to hear the excitement in Vishwas's voice when she had called him to give him her final answer.

 

"Hey Sara", Vishwas had answered her call.

"Are you busy"?

"Not really.  What's up"?

"I have made up my mind Vishu and before I tell my parents I wanted to talk to you".

"So what's your decision"?

"I accept your proposal Vishu but before that I have to be honest with you".

"And what's that"?

"I am accepting your proposal and I don't want you to think this is out of love.  I like you and will always like you as a friend.  I don't know about future but as of now I still don't have any such feelings for you.  You can still think about it.  Are you ok to marry a girl who doesn't love you"?

"My love for you is enough for both of us Sara and I am sure you will be very happy with me".

"I am very sorry Vishu but you know....."

"You are a very kind hearted girl Sara and I love you for that.  Don't be guilty about anything.  You have been honest and marrying you inspite of all this is my decision and believe me I am very happy with this commitment".

 

Commitment to Vishwas was only a compromise to Sara.  She was happy that she had made so many people happy with her one decision.

 

 

"So finally you took a decision.  Don't worry Sara, after all life is about compromises", said Arpita after knowing about Sara's decision.

 

Sara had invited all her friends to her place.

 

"When will he be coming"? asked Seema.

"This weekend to Bombay and from there he will reach here after two or three days", said Sara.

"Oh weekend, it means only two days left now for him to reach Bombay", said Nishanth.

"Yes", said Sara.

"We all are sure you will be fine Sara and you have took a right decision, so don't worry about it", said Pavan.

 

Sara could hear her Mom calling from the living room.

 

"What's it Mom? Did you call me"? asked Sara coming out from her room.

"Yes, there is a courier guy with some parcel for you", said her Mom.

"Parcel for me"?

 

Sara collected the parcel but there was no sender's name.

"What's it Sara"? asked Arpita.

"There is some parcel for me but there is no sender's name and it is sent from Mangalore itself as the from address is written only as Mangalore".

 

But before she could open it her Mom asked all of them to come for lunch and Sara left the parcel in her room to see it later.

 

"The food was really delicious aunty", said Pavan once they all were finished with their lunch.

"Oh thank you Pavan.  So when are you getting married"?

"She is doing some course aunty.  Once she finishes we will soon fix a date.  Roughly about four months or so", said Pavan.

"What date are you planning aunty for Sara's marriage"? asked Seema.

"It all depends once we meet Vishwas and his parents.  I have called Suraj and he will be coming down this weekend.  But maximum within two months we are planning as they have to go back too", said Sara's Mom.

"Oh that's great news aunty.  I will again have to come back then for Sara's marriage", said Seema.

"Yes me too, I will be leaving tonight", said Arpita.

"And me tomorrow", said Seema.

"And what about you Pavan"? asked Sara.

"I will be going back on Sunday", said Pavan.

"I am always here", giggled Nishanth.

"You guys carry on I am going out for some work.  Bye kids", said Sara's mom and left.

 

"Within two months you will be married Sara, how cool", said Seema.

"Hey by the way, did you inform Sid about all this"? asked Nishanth.

"Yes or else he might think you have returned to New York", said Pavan.

"Oh yes, I totally forgot to tell him as all this happened so fast you see.  I will call him tonight", said Sara.

"That's a good idea", said Arpita.

 

 

Sara's friends left from her place after wishing her good luck.  Another two days and Vishwas would be coming from where Sara's future would be decided.  Sara realized that there was no point in waiting now.  This was her final destiny.

 

Lying in her bed she remembered that she had to call Siddharth.  She didn't know how he would react to this news.  She had several thoughts before calling him but finally dialed his number.

 

"I knew you would call, thank you so much Sara", Siddharth said as soon as he picked up Sara's call.

"How did you know and why are you thanking me"? asked confused Sara.

"Ahhh..", Siddharth was not able to finish his sentence and before he could tell anything

"Anyways, I have something to tell you", Sara continued.

"What"?

"I have decided to get married Sid.  Vishwas will be coming with his parents next week.  My travel plan is postponed as of now".

"Oh that means........"

"That means I accepted his proposal Sid".

 

Sara had to try hard not to let out her tears.  This was the hardest part for her.  Letting the person whom you love know that you are marrying some other person.  As the saying goes, "love is not all about bed of roses".

 

                        ---------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                         After one year

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                  BANGALORE,2015

 

"All the arrangements are done.  Another 30 min and people will start to come in", said Suraj.

"Ok I will have a look before people start coming in", said Sara.

"Ok sure, and do let me know if there are any changes", said Suraj again.

"Hmm, I think this should go there.  What you think Arpu"? asked Sara.

"I am not sure Sara about these things.  Why don't you ask Vishwas, here he comes".

"Hey Vishu, I want this to be moved.  These two look more similar", said Sara.

"Ya I think so, Suraj, can you ask this to be moved over here"? asked Vishwas.

"Ya sure, will do right away", said Suraj.

"Sandy and Aman will be here anytime now and I guess all your friends are also here Sara, anyone still to come"? asked Vishwas.

"Sid had some urgent appointment this morning but he said he will be here on time.  Nishu and his fiancee are on their way", said Sara.

"Its good we left our little ones at home Arpu or else it would have been very difficult", said Seema.

"Sara, did you check with Sid?  Will he able to make it"? asked Sara's Mom.

"He said he will be on time.  Where is Dad"?

"I am here by dear.  Was just double checking everything".

 

 

It was Sara's photography exhibition.  She had gathered all her best collections for display.  This was the first time she was displaying her photo collection and hence invited all her friends.  Nishanth had been engaged to his long time girlfriend Nidhi.  Pavan had been married to Aditi for a year now.  Arpita had delivered a baby boy and Seema had delivered twins, one boy and one girl.  Sandy will be soon married to Rajeev.  Aman's parents had fixed his marriage.

 

Sara had also been married for a year now.  Her marriage ceremony went very well.  Sandy and Aman were not able to make it for her marriage as they were busy with their respective jobs and they had got a very short notice.  Everything was fixed in a short span of time.  Because of this many of her distant relatives could not make it for her marriage.  Suraj is also engaged to a girl of his parent's choice as he had promised.  The marriage will be followed early next year.

 

As many of Sara's friends and relatives could not make it to her marriage, a small party had been organized following this photography exhibition by Sara's family.  They thought this would be the best occasion to have a small get together. 

 

Sara was not sure of exhibiting her collection but when Vishwas insisted she thought she will give it a try.  For Sara, Vishwas was a best companion anyone could have.  He had always supported her and always respected her for the human being she is.  Sara also had a huge respect and concern for Vishwas.

 

"Hey Sara, everything is looking good", said Nishanth.

"Thanks Nishu but you are late.  Hey Nidhi, looking good", said Sara.

"Thanks Sara, all of because of Nishu you see.  I was ready on time and they say girls take way too long to get ready", said Nidhi.

"Ok ok, I know but anyhow we are just on time you see", winked Nishanth.

"Hey Sara baby, so good to see you", said Sandy.

"No changes after marriage also Sara", said Aman.

"Hey guys, thanks Aman.  Congrats for both of you as you both will be getting married soon", said Sara.

"Thanks, where's our hero"? asked Sandy.

"Vishu is over there, checking something.  But you guys took way too long to get here".

"Hey we are new to this place", said Aman.

"Ya ya, you are telling as if you were driving.  Anyways you guys carry on, I will catch you in sometime", said Sara.

"Hey Sara, where are you going"? asked Pavan.

"Just going to make a call to Sid.  Anyways wish Aditi was also here".

"Ya, she would have if not for her best friend's wedding you see".

"Ya I understand.  Anyways I will make a quick call and come".

 

It was almost time and people would start coming in soon.  The only person missing was Siddharth.  Sara had double checked with him if he could make it and he had promised her that he would definitely make it.  Now when there was no sign of him Sara was getting worried.

 

"Hello"? answered Siddharth on his phone.

"Where are you Sid? Its almost time now and still there is no sign of you.", said Sara in concern.

"You worry too much Mrs Sara, just turn around".

 

Sara turns around to find Siddharth just behind her.

"But still you are late".

"There is still 5min for your show and as I said I am on time".

"You never change"?

"But you like the way I am, don't you"?

"Yes but at least you could have called".

"You know me Sara, when I say I will be there then I will be there no matter what.  I call only when I couldn't make it and that happens very rarely you see".

"Ya ya I know.  Mom was asking about you I don't know how many times".

"Not to worry, I will apologize to her and I am sure she will forgive me".

"Oh only to her, and what about me"?

"Why would I apologize to you. You know me very well.  In fact you should ask for sorry as you didn't believe I could make it".

"Its not that I didn't believe.  I was just getting tensed.  This is my first show and I, and I....."

"These are no excuses Sara......".

"Ok ok, fine.  I am sorry, now come on lets go inside.  I don't think I could ever win you with these arguments".

"There is no need for it, you have already won me Mrs Sara Siddharth".

"Oh really, then come on lets go Mr Hubby".

 

 

Sara had tied a knot with Siddharth a year back.  They both were very happy with each other.  This was a small twist that happened in Sara's life which she never imagined would ever happen.

 

A year back Sara had called Siddharth to let him know that she has decided to get married to Vishwas.

 

""I knew you would call, thank you so much Sara", Siddharth said as soon as he picked up Sara's call.

"How did you know and why are you thanking me"? asked confused Sara.

"Ahhh..", Siddharth was not able to finish his sentence and before he could tell anything

"Anyways, I have something to tell you", Sara continued.

"What"?

"I have decided to get married Sid.  Vishwas will be coming with his parents next week.  My travel plan is postponed as of now".

"Oh that means........"

"That means I accepted his proposal Sid".

"You didn't get my message then"?

"Message? what message"?

"Didn't you receive any parcel Sara".

"Parcel? Oh gosh was that from you.  I thought I will check later and totally forgot about it.  What's there in it"?

"You first check the parcel Sara and call me back.  I will be waiting for your call".

 

Sara opens the parcel and finds a CD inside.  She immediately plays to see what's in it.

 

 

"Hey Sara, shocked to see me? Ya I know this is bit weird but hey we both like weird things right.  You will be even more shocked to listen what I will be going to say.  You know me Sara, I have never been serious for any girl in my life.  But trust me with you it was something different.  I had realized this the day you had kissed me in front of everyone in college.  We both started dating each other later.  With you I was myself.  I didn't had to pretend anything and I could talk to you anything under the sun.  The first time we kissed each other and the first time we made love to each other, these were all very special to me.  I know, you would think that being a play boy, how could these be very special to me.  But Sara believe it or not, with you it was special.  I never felt this with anyone else.  I still remember that you had tears in your eyes the first time we made love.  Those tears came out only of affection which I had never seen in any other girl's eyes.  That day something changed inside me which I was not able to make out.  I came to Goa to celebrate your birthday.  These things I had never done with any other girl.  It was just a passing affair between us but still I wanted to do all these petty things for you just to see a affectionate smile on your face.  When I finished my graduation, I had some strange feeling within me when I had to part from you.  But I didn't realize anything and later got busy with my own work life. When you came to Bangalore I was so happy to see you.  We again started to have some good times.  I don't know why but I always used to feel so special when I was with you.  I always wanted to share these feelings with you but somehow I kept it to myself.  I was a playboy and you very well knew about it.  And if I would have told you these things you

 

would have either laughed at me or felt bad for me.  I didn't wanted any of those.  I always wished and thought even you also felt the same way.  But then one day you come to me and say that you will be going to New York for good.  Trust me Sara, my world was shattered.  I just couldn't imagine how would I live without you having around.  I was still confused about these feelings I was having for you.  I never believed in commitments but unknowingly I was getting committed to you.  When you had come to see me at my place the other day before you flew to New York, I had decided that I would confess all my feelings to you which had confused me high time.  But before I could tell anything you left without a word.  I tried contacting you on facebook but you didn't accept my request.  I thought this is what lies in my destiny.  But now after these many years when I saw you in reunion, there were no words to my happiness.  I took you to Coorg only to confess my feelings to you but somehow with you in front of me I couldn't say anything.  So finally I decided this way.  You always like when its out of way.  What can be more weird than this? A guy proposing you over a CD.  Yes Sara, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.  I don't need any other girl but you Sara.  After you left to New York, trust me I have never dated any girl because I had realized that I am fully committed to you.  You had asked me why I am so scared of commitment.  May be I was waiting for you.  I couldn't get anyone better than you Sara.  We both are so alike and trust me we would make a great couple.  If you call me then I would know that its a YES from you or else don't call Sara because I would not be able to hear a NO from you.  Will be waiting for your call, for your YES".

 

After watching the CD, Sara calls Siddharth.

"Why Sid, why? Why didn't you ever tell me these things"? Sara could no longer control her tears.

"That means....".

"Yes Sid, I love you, l love you so very much.  I always loved you".

"Then why didn't you tell me"?

"Didn't wanted to force my feelings on you but now I feel like I should have told you".

"We both are so stupid Sara.  Oh Sara I love you......"

"But now I am helpless Sid.  I can't do anything now.  I have already given my word to Vishu".

"Can't you explain him"?

"It would be so selfish of me Sid.  I have already hurt him a lot.  I can't do it any longer".

"But Sara, you said you love me".

"Yes Sid I do love you but I can't do this to Vishu.  He loves me and wants to marry me inspite of knowing the fact that I love you".

"You have told him that......".

"Yes Sid, he knows my feelings for you.  Now tell me how can I break his heart.  It would be so unfair".

"True Sara.  May be our journey ends here.  Commitment was such a big issue for me and now when I am ready everything is just slipping out of my hand".

"Oh Sid, why us Sid, why us?  Why everything had to be so complicated"?

"We should have followed our heart long back without thinking any consequences.  But Sara, you will be in my heart forever.  I love you Sara", saying this Siddharth disconnects the call as he could no longer hold back his tears.

 

Sara was not able to bear this pain.  She couldn't believe how her life had been shattered.  All these years she was longing for Siddharth's love and now when he has confessed, she could not have him.  She had only one dream in her life and that was having Siddharth as her life partner.  She was cursing God for how could he play such games with her.

 

"Why God, why?  You know how much I love him.  I always dreamt of having him as my life partner.  The only wish I ever asked you was Sid.  What a unique way you have fulfilled my wish God.  He is mine but still I can't be his.  Why are you playing these games with me?  What wrong have I done in my life?  I know I might have hurt few people but is this the way to repent for that.  They say nothing is impossible for you.  Then please God, do something and change my fate.  I promise I would never ask anything in my life.  I love him, I love him so badly. Now knowing that he too loves me, its so unbearable.  Without fearing for his rejection I should have confessed to him.  Please do something, please, please, please............"

 

Sara was not able to control her tears.  She had never cried for anything in her life.  She was always a brave girl.  But this pain was killing her from within.  She was hurt very badly but still she didn't wanted to hurt Vishwas who loved her so deeply.  She wished if some miracle could happen and everything could go as per her wish.  If at all, something or someone could change.  She cried and cried the whole night before she went to sleep.

 

 

"Good morning Sara", greeted her Mom.

"Morning Mom, coffee please".

"Your eyes look so red.  What's wrong with it"? asked Sara's Dad.

"Ah, nothing Dad.  Must be some infection".

"Oh, did u contact Vishwas.  When will he be leaving"? asked Sara's Dad again.

"He has already left last night Dad.  He will be reaching Bombay tonight may be very late".

"Do you have his contact number here"? asked Sara's mom.

"Yes Mom, he gave his house landline number.  I have saved it in my mobile".

"Ok good.  Now go freshen up.  I need few things.  You can go with your dad and get me those things".

"Sure Mom.  I will get ready and come", and Sara goes to freshen up.

"Wow, that was easy.  I thought she would not come", said her Dad.

"May be she feels like getting out".

"She is so silent.  Hope everything is ok with her".

" You don't worry Satish.  Everything will be fine".

"I don't know why I feel like she is marrying only to make us happy".

 

Sara's Dad was getting very worried about Sara as he had never seen her so silent or so obedient. 

He wondered if they are forcing Sara to do something which she is not quite happy about.  Sara and her Dad went to get the things listed by her Mom.  Sara's Mom had some other important job to be done.

 

 

"Ok, you all must be wondering why I have called this meeting? Sometimes some minor things becomes a huge issue  because of lack of communication.  I think something similar has happened here", said Sara's Mom in presence of Sara's dad, Suraj, Sara, Vishwas and Siddharth.

"But Mom.....", Sara tried to interrupt.

"Let me finish Sara", said her Mom.

"But Savitha, what's all this.  Why has Vishwas come alone and...." ?Sara's dad asked confusingly.

"I will tell you Satish.  These kids have their own logic to everything.  They think what they are doing is right and never care to discuss with us thinking we might never understand them".

"About what Savitha"? asked Sara's dad again.

"I always wondered why Sara was pushing her marriage and I also told you Satish that something is wrong".

"Yes and...."

"Its very simple Satish she loves this boy Siddharth and unable to confess her love to him, she goes to New York.  There she meets Vishwas who falls in love with her.  He proposes Sara but Sara who is still in love with Siddharth rejects his proposal and tells him everything about Siddharth.  Vishwas still waits for her.  Sara comes back to India and all of a sudden she accepts Vishwas's proposal and tells us she is ready for marriage".

"Oh but what now......", asks Sara's dad.

"But now Siddharth who was confused about his feelings for Sara all these years, now confesses to Sara that he loves Sara.  Sara is in a fix now as she has given her word to Vishwas and doesn't want to break her promise".

 

 

Sara's Mom told Sara that she had listened to Sara's conversation on phone with Siddharth the other night and also saw the helplessness Sara was feeling at that time.  Her mom immediately decided to take over the matter and sort it out wisely.

 

She collected Siddharths' number and first thing she did next morning was to call Siddharth and have a word with him.  Her mom then talked to Siddharth's parents over phone and explained them the situation.  They thoroughly understood and gave their support.  The next thing her Mom did was to call Vishwas at his home as soon as he reached.  Sara's mom explained everything about Sara's situation and her helplessness state.  Vishwas also understood everything and said not to worry and he would be happy with whatever decision Sara's mom takes.  Sara's mom then tells Vishwas that there is no point with proceeding with the marriage as Sara is not at all happy with it.  She is doing only to keep her word and by this decision of hers, no one will be happy.  Vishwas understands and says he would never want Sara to accept him out of any pressure.  Rather he is happy to let go of her. His heart will be broken but at least two other people will be happy.  After having everything sorted, Sara's mom then asked Vishwas to come alone and not to involve his parents in this.  She also called Siddharth to come over to their place where they will be taking final decision. 

 

Sara's mom then says to Sara that there is nothing which can't be sorted out unless you communicate.  Biggest problems can be solved just by having a word.

 

"Oh Mom, I am so sorry.  I never discussed anything with you thinking you would never understand.  I was so wrong Mom", said Sara and hugged her Mom with her eyes full of tears.

"Don't be sorry Sara.  Most of the kids of your generation think that we don't understand anything.  But the fact is we always understand our children, you just have to believe us.  You guys create complications.  Just think about it, if at all you both had spoke your heart out without thinking any consequences, so many years would not be wasted".

"Yes Aunty, you are absolutely right.  We both acted very stupidly.  But you solved everything so wisely", said Siddharth.

"You are mad Sara, all these years you have been waited for Siddharth and now when you have him, you wanted to sacrifice your love just not to break my heart. How could we have ever lead a happy life then.  This is our life Sara, not any bollywood movie that you do these things.  There is nothing wrong in seeking one's own happiness".

"I am sorry Vishu.  I was just........ but hey you are the best companion anyone could have.  Thank you so much", said Sara.

"Ok, now that's everything is sorted, Sara, do you still want to return to New York"? winked Suraj.

"I would never allow to go her anywhere this time Suraj.  She is all mine now", said Siddharth and hugged Sara never to let go of her.

"I love you Sid", said Sara.

"Me too, Ms Sara".  They both had tears of joy in their eyes.

 

And thus one wise act by Sara's mom cleared all the confusions and complications that was going around in Sara's life.  Siddharth's parents were happy to have Sara as their daughter-in-law.  Their marriage was fixed within two months as Sara wanted Vishwas to attend her wedding.  Sara explained everything to her friends and they all were happy to see Sara finally unite with Siddharth.

 

Sara resigned from her job in New York and explained everything to her manager who completely understood and relieved her from all the duties.  Post marriage, Sara settled with Siddharth in Bangalore where she opened her own company and did small photo shoots.  She was very much happy in her life.  Siddharth's business was also flourishing well and was very happy to find the love of his life.

 

Two people who never wanted any commitments in their lives ended up falling in love and getting committed for a lifetime.  They both had never imagined that they could ever fall in love.  Siddharth still wondered why he had to run from commitment when getting committed was not at all a big task.  Sara and Siddharth completed one year of marriage and both are still very much in love with each other. 

 

Sara's photography exhibition was a huge success.  Her work was very well appreciated by everyone.

 

                          

                                ­THE END



© 2017 Swetha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I fell head over heels the moment your story revealed the commitment. Very good plot, great detail sketch of every characters, your use of words are powerful beyond expectations, superbly created anticipation, I was hooked till the end. Trust me you should definitely start getting your novels published. Best Wishes.
Regards,
Anjali

Posted 6 Years Ago


Swetha

6 Years Ago

thanks a lot Anjali, and highly appreciate for taking time to read and review my novel.
Anjali

6 Years Ago

The pleasure is all mine.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 18, 2017
Last Updated on August 18, 2017


Author

Swetha
Swetha

Sydney, NSW, Australia



About
I am a newbie here. I used to write short stories but now trying with novels..Please feel free to leave your reviews.. Also please visit the website woxpert for my other novels... more..

Writing
Final Word Final Word

A Story by Swetha


Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Swetha