Part 2

Part 2

A Chapter by Swetha

PART 2

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

            MANGALORE&BANGALORE                          2001-2006

 

 

"Sara, get up.  You are getting late.  Its already 8am.  Its your first day in college and if you still sleep, you will be the last person to enter the class", yelled my mother from hall.

"Mmm, damn the vacation went so quick.  Coming Mom".

 

I was not a morning person.  I hated getting up early.  Whole my vacation I never got up before 11am.  But now finally my vacation was over and forced to get up early as it was my first day.  I had completed my 12th grade with good scores and was now going to start my graduation in BBM.  New college, new friends, I was super excited as I always loved making new friends. 

 

"Morning Mom, I m ready.  See you always get tensed.  I am fully organised".

"If you are really organised, why did you shut your alarm and went to sleep again".

"Oh come on Savita, stop teasing my little girl now", said my father.

"Satish, your little girl is not very little now.  She is now into her graduation.  Stop pampering her now".

"Oh Mom, akka is Dad's favourite, how can't he take her side", said Suraj.

"Enough Suraj, if I am Dad's pet then you are also Mom's obedient pet, hehehe".

 

Mine is a short and sweet family.  My Dad worked as a bank manager, very easy going man who had given full freedom to both me and my brother and shares a friendly relationship with us.  I was more close to my Dad.  My Mom used to work as a teacher long back but later she resigned to look after us.  She is bit strict and believes too much freedom is also not that good and we should know our limits.  My brother Suraj was in grade 10 who was very good at studies.

 

"Hey Arpu, you are looking good.  All set for first day, ya"?

"Come on Sara, not as good in your comparison.  Now start your scooty, we are already late".

"Ya ya, starting. You are telling as if the whole college will be waiting for us".

"Who knows, they may be.  After all seniors can rag us peacefully if we will be the last ones to enter the campus".

 

Arpu, Arpita is my best friend since grade 1.  They were also very good neighbours and close family friends as well.  But Arpita had opted for B.Com.  Arpita is a good looking girl with cat eyes, slim built, 5.5 tall and very beautiful smile with two dimples on her cheek.  Arpita had lot of boys crazy for her in her 11th and 12th grade.  Arpita was still waiting for her Mr Right and believes one day she will have that special someone who can drive her crazy unlike me who believed only in having fun and there was nothing called love.  But we two were best of friends in thick and thin.

 

 

"Hold on girls, no need to hurry.  You just can't escape us", said one of the senior in college blocking mine and Arpita's way.

"Oh, I thought we are running late", I said.

"Well not really.  You still have some time.  So boys what task is for them".

"Hey they are so pretty and innocent, don't feel like ragging them, lol", said another senior.

"Now come on, we can't just let them go.  We have to give them some task".

"Ok, so who will be first".

"I can do any task even on behalf of my friend", I said.

"Sara, shut up.  Its our first day and they are our seniors.  Don't be overconfident", whispered Arpita.

"Well well, this girl has some guts man, ok then lets start with you.  Can you see a boy in red shirt over there, you have to go to him and say I love you and kiss him on his cheeks".

"Hu huhuuuuuuuuuuu", yelled everyone from the group.

"Hey that's too much, you can't ask a girl to go and kiss some stranger", yelled Arpita.

"Well your friend said that she can do any task, so what's the problem?"

"Yes I can do it, there is no big issue.  Arpu don't worry, I will be back", I said and moved towards the boy in red shirt.

 

All the seniors and other boys and girls who were around us were now curious to know if I would really kiss that boy and say I love you.  They were watching me move towards him. 

 

 

I went to that boy in red shirt.  I was facing his back.  I touched his shoulder to make him turn to me.  As he turned to face me, I kissed him on his cheeks and said "I love you".  I immediately turned around and started to walk away from him.  That boy didn't realise what had just happened.  As I came back to the group, all of them started to cheer me.

 

"Oh man, I must say you are really some character.  No one till now had this much guts", said that senior.

"Well, as I said I can do any task", I said.

"So on this account, we will spare your friend.  You both can go now".

 

"Excuse me, hey you listen, wait".

 

I heard some voice from the crowd.  I turned around and it was the same boy whom I had kissed few moments back.

 

"Hey Sid, lucky guy.  How was the kiss man?", asked one of the senior.

 

Sid, Siddharth, a second year BBM student, one year senior to me.  Siddharth was a good looking guy with brownish eyes, 5.9 tall, medium built, fair complexion and a dashing hunk.  He was honoured as best looking Mr Fresher last year.  Many girls were mad after him.  Just a smile from him would make all the girls go crazy.  But Siddharth was a lover boy.  He would love to flirt with all girls making it clear that it is only fun and nothing serious.

 

"Oh so this was your prank.  I was wondering why this girl had come and kissed me".

"We just thought to make you lucky man".

"Oh shut up, by the way, Miss.......".

"Sara, my name is Sara".

"Ok Miss Sara, first year?"

"Yes"

"You have lot of guts, no one dared to accept this challenge till now".

"Well I love challenges that are tough".

"Hmm, nice confidence".

"Thank you".

"Well nothing personal, this was all only for fun.  Otherwise we all are good seniors you see".

"Ya I understand.  So now if you excuse us, can we go to our class? we are really late now".

"Of course, please carry on".

 

As I and Arpita turned to leave,

 

"Just a second Miss Sara", called Siddharth and stopped us.  He came close to me and whispered in my ears, "that was a lovely kiss".

 

As we were  far from the crowd and now that no one could hear us, Arpita could no longer hold her frustration and anger.  She was furious with what I did just few moments back.  Arpita never liked such challenges which could get physical.  I knew that now I have to face Arpita's anger who could blast any moment.

 

 

 

"Sara, what was that.  Have you lost it.  How can you go and kiss someone just like that and also say I love you"?, yelled Arpita who was very upset with me.

"Oh come on Arpu, they give me some challenge and I don't accept it.  How is this possible.  You know I love such challenges", I said calmly.

"But still, what if he was not nice or some kind of jerk"?

"Oh please, you are telling as if I will be going to have some kind of relationship with him.  It was just for that moment.  I don't even remember his name now".

"You are impossible.  I would have never done that".

"Ya ya I know, you have preserved your first kiss to your Mr Right.  But dear, you should enjoy your life first.  You have to meet your Mr Right some day.  Why waste your fun now".

"I know I can't win on this with you.  But Sara the day when you deeply love someone, you will understand my feelings and thoughts.  I am sure you will have your that special someone".

"Ok ok, lets see.  But I m not gonna wait like you.  When it happens it happens.  I seriously don't understand this concept of love and all.  There are so many handsome hunks around, how can you just settle with one.  I mean you have to one day after marriage and all but till then just enjoy baby".

"Hmm, ok you win.  The day when you fall for someone, that day I will ask you.  Till then no more discussions on this".

"Let's see, the day I commit for someone deeply you will be the first one to know.  Now smile dear".

 

 

 

Me and Arpita could have long discussions on this.  But I would never give up and at last Arpita closes the topic.  We were now well settled in our new class.  It was lunch time.  My act had become viral.  I had become famous on my first day in no time.  There were all sort of rumours around.  Boys admiring my guts while girls feeling not so good about me.  But I never cared for such rumours.

 

"Arpu, see that table is clear.  Come lets sit there", I said during our lunch time.

"Ya ok.  What have you got for lunch"?

"Vegetable pulav.  What about you"?

"Your favourite, chicken biryani".

"Yum, then you can have my lunch".

 

As we were about to start,

"Hey, how are you both?  Nice start in the morning huh", said one of the boy.

"Do we know you"? asked Arpita.

"Not really but we are in same class.  I am Nishanth and these are my friends, Pavan and Seema", he introduced his friends.

"Hi, I m Sara and she is Arpita.  Were you all in the same college in the past"?

"Yes, many of our other friends, went to different colleges.  But we three opted for this one. If you don't mind, can we join you", asked Nishanth.

"Ya sure, please.  We would be happy afterall we also don't know anyone here", I said.

"Thanks girls", said all the three at once.

 

 

 

Nishanth, a good looking guy, 5.9 tall, medium built, fair complexion and black eyes.  He was average at his studies but was very much interested in sports.  He loved to hangout with friends, partying, doing crazy things.  He had few relations in the past but nothing serious.  He had one big sister who was into IT.  His Dad was into construction business and his Mom was a government employee.  His parents wanted him also to become an engineer but Nishanth was never interested.  So they let him choose his own career. 

 

Pavan, an average looking guy, 5.8 tall, thin built, dark complexion and black eyes.  His Dad was a bus driver and Mom a housewife.  He was very good at studies and wanted to study engineering but due to his family's financial condition, he chose to do a normal degree.  He was the only son to his parents and wanted to study hard and get some good job so that he can look after his parents well.  He was not interested in parties and all but loved spending time with his only friends Nishanth and Seema.

 

Seema, a very good looking girl, 5.4 tall, blueish eyes, fair complexion and slim built.  Her Dad was into fishing business and Mom a housewife.  She had one elder brother who helped in their Dad's business.  She was good at her studies but not very much interested.  She used to come to college just to have a degree.  She believed in love but one with good bank balance.  But she was very good at heart and always helped those in need.

 

 

Me, Arpita, Nishanth, Pavan and Seema, all of us got along very well and soon we had formed our own group.  All with different backgrounds and different thoughts but still loved to be together.  We were soon named as a cool group and the main reason was my kiss part.  Since all were good at studies, lecturers were also happy and they didn't bother what we did in our personal lives.

 

"Hey, did you guys see the notice board.  They are having freshers programme next week", said excited Seema.

"What's the big deal with it"?, asked an uninterested Pavan.

"Guys, they will be having some competitions and at the end of it they will declare Mr. Fresher and Ms. Fresher.  Isn't it amazing".

"If I m not wrong, you at any cost want to win this right"?, asked Arpita.

"Yes ofcourse, I mean I surely want to be a part of it".

"Don't worry Seema, I m sure you will win this.  Afterall you have the most beautiful eyes here", I said.

"Oh come on I don't mind if you or Arpita wins, you both are my best friends.  But yes would feel bit bad if some other girl wins".

"Ok ok, so you think we should take part in this"?, asked Nishanth.

"Yes of course.  There are very limited positions and we have to give our names ASAP".

"Ok then come on, lets do it", said Nishanth.

"You guys carry on, I don't want to take part", said Pavan.

 

 

 

We tried to convince Pavan but he was not interested and also not very confident.  Even Arpita wanted to back out but as usual I didn't let her do it.

 

"Hello, we want to register for the freshers competition", said Nishanth to one of the senior who was taking all the names.

"Well there are only two spots left now.  You guys are bit late".

"Oh can't you adjust for another two please", begged Seema.

"Sorry, its full.  I can take only two names now but later if there are any cancellations I can let you know".

"No issues Seema, you and Nishanth go for it.  Its not a big deal".

"But.........", said Seema.

"Oh come on Seema, don't worry. Its you, me or Arpita, its same.  Just give your name".

"But I don't want to look selfish", said Seema.

"You won't, I anyhow didn't wanted to take part and for Sara its not that big deal.  So just go for it and register your name", said Arpita.

"Yes Seema, now do it soon or these two spots also will be gone", said Nishanth.

"Have you guys decided or should I move on to other people waiting behind you", said the senior guy.

"No no, we are done.  Its we both, Nishanth and Seema from first year BBM", said Nishanth and registered their names.

 

"Well I can get one more spot if you guys like", we heard someone telling as we were about to leave.

 

As we turned to see, it was Siddharth, the same guy whom I had kissed on my first day.  He came close to us and said again,

 

"I said I can get one more spot if you like but on one condition".

"And what is that condition"?, asked Seema.

"Well that spot should be filled by you Miss Sara".

 

We all were amazed to hear this but we knew the reason behind this.

"Oh yeah, why do you want me to do this"?, I asked.

"Because you said the other day that you love challenges then why not this"?

"I do but I don't need any special influence for this.  So no thanks, I m fine".

 

As we were about to leave,

"Oh so now you are scared to come in front of so many people I guess.  What happened to all your guts"?, teased Siddharth.

"I am not scared of anything or anyone Mr Sid.  Ok I will do it but if I win this competition, you have to do whatever I say.  Is this fine with you"?

"Fair enough, even I love challenges especially from someone as pretty as you Miss Sara and if you lose, you have to accept my task".

"I m in for it Mr. Sid".

 

I gave my name.  Before we could leave, Siddharth once again came close to me and whispered in my ear "can't wait for another lovely kiss" and he was gone.

 

 

Mr Fresher and Ms Fresher competition was done.  I won Ms Fresher and another guy named Amar from BSc won Mr Fresher.  I couldn't wait to assign a task to Sid.

 

"Come on Mr Sid, what are you waiting for? Go for it", I said after winning the Ms Fresher tag.  As per the bet Sid had to do whatever I said.  I had asked Sid to go on mic and say "I am really very sorry for those who were ragged this year by me or by friends.  Please forgive me".

 

This was a huge challenge for any senior to ask sorry that too on mic to all students.  I had very cleverly thought about this.  Me and Seema were close contenders.  But Seema had willingly lost to me so that I can have a go with Sid but I never knew about it though.  Now all were waiting to see if Sid would really say it.

 

"I guess he is bit in a tension now, hehehe", said Seema.

"Sara, you should have not done this, he might have a take on you with this later", whispered Arpita.

"Don't worry Arpu, this is all just for fun.  I am making my college life memorable", I consoled her.

"We all are waiting Mr Sid, you are wasting our time", said Sara.

"This is ridiculous, you can't challenge any senior like this", said one of the senior from the group.

"This was prefixed.  But now if he is so ashamed he can back out", I said.

"Sid is not a guy to back out", said another senior girl.

"Then why are you guys worried.  Let him do it", said Nishanth.

 

 

"Boys and Girls, I Sid from second year BBM here by ask apology to all those who were ragged by me or by my friends this year.  Please forgive me", echoed Sid's voice through all the speakers making it loud and clear to whole college.

 

All his friends, freshers, staff attendants, lecturers and even the principal were amazed to hear this.  They were more amazed to come this from Sid who was known to his pranks and an ex Mr Fresher.  Sid who never left any opportunity to pull anyone's leg.  Sid was himself shocked to have a competitor to his level and more over a girl.

 

"Hoo hoo, you rock Sid as always", cheered one of the senior girl from the crowd.

"He is our hero, he can never back out from any task", said others.

 

"So Ms Sara, I did it", said Sid.

"Great, I am impressed to see that you can also accomplish any task".

"Same like you Ms Sara".

"Cool Mr Sid.  Have a good day".

"You too Ms Sara, bye".

 

I was hugely impressed.  For the first time I was actually getting attracted to someone so soon.  I never had any relationships in the past but I used to flirt with boys just for a day or two and then forget.  This was something different.

 

 

Three months had past and shortly we were to face our mid term exams.  Everyone were busy with their preparations.  I never took these examinations seriously.  I used to study just two days before the exams but still I managed to get good scores.  All my friends used to say I am blessed as even without thorough preparation, I could score well.

 

"Hey, all alone today? Where is your gang"?, asked Sid who came seeing me alone.

"All are busy preparing for the mid term".

"It means that you have already well prepared then".

"No it means I don't believe in studying so soon, I prepare only two or three days before the exam".

"Hmm very intelligent though".

"Sort of.  How come you are here"?

"Well even I don't believe in studying but the difference is I don't believe in studying at all, lol".

"Wow, then how will you score in the exams"?

"I just need passing marks which I manage to get.  I am more than happy".

"Cool.  You live in hostel right?  Where is your hometown then"?

"You seem to know much about me.  Stalking me"?

"Ha ha, don't even dream that.  I don't stalk anyone".

"Hmm good for you, well I am from Coorg.  Have you ever been there"?

"Cool, no never.  But I have heard its a nice place".

"I can take you sometime if you wish to".

"Why not, I love going to different places".

 

 

 

We both spent sometime talking to each other.  We talked about our likes and dislikes.  We shared our dreams, the craziest things we had done in our lives and most of the things which I had shared only with my dear ones.  We slowly started to realise we have many things in common.  We were so alike.

 

"Ok I have to go now, its lunch time and my friends will be waiting for me in the canteen", I said.

"Sure.  It was nice talking to you.  You are not as stubborn as you pretend to look like".

"Thanks, you are also very down to earth.  I too had a good time".

"Well then we can have more good times like this.  How about a lunch this Saturday"?

"Are you asking me for a date or this is just a normal lunch"?

"You can take it either way Ms Sara".

"Ok Mr Sid, I will see you at 1:00 pm sharp on Saturday then"?

"Cool, we will go together from college or would you like me to pick you up from somewhere else"?

"From college, I don't believe in hiding these things".

"Super, then we will go together from here".

"Sure, where will you take me"?

"That's a surprise, you have to wait".

"Ok then, see you on Saturday".

"So will this be our first date"?

"You can take it either way Mr Sid, hehe".

"Smart, I am taking it as our first date then Ms Sara.  Bye".

 

 

I was excited to go on my first date.  I had shared this with my friends.  They were all like, "really, how did this happen"?

 

"I still don't believe that Sid, "the Sid" has asked you out for lunch", said Seema excitedly.

"What is so unusual about it Seema?  Sara is also no less compared to him", said Arpita for whom I always came first.

"Ya I know but still, all girls go crazy over him and he has asked Sara out.  Its so special".

"Oh stop it Seema, what is so special about him?  Even I am also good looking in his comparison.  You girls are just crazy", said Nishanth.

"Nishu, you are just jealous now.  I mean you are also handsome but you know there is something in him".

"You are over reacting now Seema.  I guess you have fallen for him", said Pavan.

"Well would have but now since he is more interested in Sara, I can back out you see", giggled Seema.

"Aww, that's so sweet of you Seema", said Arpita.

"You girls are just crazy.  We guys can never understand you", said Nishanth.

"That's true, you can never understand us", said Seema.

"Oh stop it you guys.  As Arpu said there is no big deal in him asking me out.  I mean he is a sensible guy with whom I love talking to that's it", I said.

"Ya ya we understand that", all of them said together and had a nice laugh.

 

I said there is no big deal but deep inside I was super happy that he had asked me out.

 

Finally it was Saturday and I had butterflies in my stomach as it was my first date.  I was not nervous but it was some strange feeling.

 

"Have fun Sara, its your first date", said Arpita.

"Ya make most of it and promise us that you will share everything later", said Seema.

"Why do you girls want to know all the details"? asked Nishanth.

"We are like this only Nishu.  You don't listen if you don't want to.  No one is forcing you", gave back Seema.

"Oh stop it you both now.  I still wonder how you guys became friends.  Half of the time you will be quarrelling", I said.

"Don't worry about them Sara, they are like this only but at the end all good.  After all we are best of friends", said Pavan.

 

I bid good byes to my friends and went near college entrance where Sid was waiting for me on his bike.

 

"Hey, am I late"? asked Sara.

"No you are on time, I came bit early".

"Oh you are so eager to go out with me huh"?

"What to do, you are that pretty"?

"You guys always go for looks right"?

"Well that's what visible at first, but hey you are different".

"Oh really, I believe you, so shall we go"?

"Look who is eager now, hehe.  Come and sit".

"Ya ya, I am damn hungry".

 

 

We were gone.  Many girls and Sid's friends especially girls were confused to see us together.  That too after that mic announcement.  No one knew how close we had come in these few months.  Let alone others, I was myself never knew that we had actually come very close to each other.  I was very excited to go on this first ever lunch date.  Its not that this was something new but still I felt something special.

 

"We are driving for quite sometime now.  Where are we going"? I asked.

"Have patience Ms Sara and don't worry I am not kidnapping you".

"Very funny but come on now, I am hungry".

"We are just there.  See we reached".

"Where is this, I can't see any restaurant here".

"Just wait and watch".

 

Sid had bought me to a secluded place surrounded by trees.  It was more like a forest.  He then took me bit further where he had arranged a table for two with food and drinks of my choice.  I was speechless.

 

"Oh my gosh, when did you arrange this?  I am so......"

"Impressed"?

"That's a small word, its much beyond that".

"So shall we Ms Sara"?

"Sure Mr Sid".

"Come have your seat.  What drink would you like?  I have both soft drinks as well as hot drinks".

"Wine is fine with me".

 

 

I was happy to see Sid had arranged so much for me.  I didn't know how to react on that occasion.  But I wanted some clarifications which I hesitated to ask.  I was not sure if I should ask but I wanted to be sure.  I wanted to make some things clear.  No one had ever done something so special for me.  I didn't wanted to get carried away with it.  I thought I will ask once we were done with our lunch.

 

"Sid, can I ask you something"?

"I know what you want to ask.  You want to know why I did all this right"?

"Yep because I know that you are a play boy and also I don't want to get into any serious relationship.  I am not ready for it".

"You made it easier Sara.  Even I don't want anything serious.  I can't commit to any one girl.  At least not till I get married.  But I did all this because I felt something special about you the day you kissed me.  And trust me I have never done something like this before to any other girl".

"So what will we call our relationship then"?

"Why is it so necessary to give name to any relationship? Just let it be and when others see us together, they themselves will give some name to this".

"That means we are together but nothing serious right"?

"Right, lets see how it goes.  We will go as it takes us.  No commitments, no promises but still together.  What say", winked Sid.

"I am cool with it Mr Sid".

"That's great Ms Sara".

 

 

We both were happy to have this open relationship which no one could ever understand.  How could others understand when we ourselves were not sure about it.  But I felt something for him.  I didn't know what or how I felt but I didn't really care about it.  We both were not ready for any serious commitments.

 

We both came close to each other.  Being physical with someone was not a new thing to both of us.  Sid was a play boy and was involved physically with many girls.  I also had kissed few boys in the past though nothing beyond that.  But I could feel this touch was something special, something new.

 

Sid took my hand and pulled me towards him.  I tried to move away from him.  He hugged me from behind.  He lightly kissed me on my shoulders.  I could sense some strange feeling inside me.  He then turned me around to face him.  I had closed my eyes.  Sid then kissed on my forehead.  He then kissed my cheeks.  We came closer and closer finally our lips just about to touch.  I had never kissed any boy on lips.  I put my arms around Sid.  He came still closer and he kissed my upper lip and then my lower lip.  We were deeply involved and totally lost in our own magical world.  A world I had always imagined but never got to feel.  This was the first time I got this physical.  I could not explain that feeling.

 

 

                        ----------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"Hello"? I answered my phone still half asleep.

"Good morning baby, still sleeping"?, it was Sid.

"Good morning, how come so early"?

"Its already 8am, are you not coming to college today"?

"Oh gosh, how come mom didn't wake me up then".

"She might have forgot that college reopens today".

"May be, ok will get ready and see you in college, bye".

"Bye dear, take care and come soon".

 

One year of college had passed so quickly.  I was already in second year now.  After that day Sid and my relation was public.  All considered us as a couple which was true to some extent.  We had started dating each other.  Always together be it in college or any party.  We enjoyed each other's company.  Some of his friends who knew him were clear that our relationship was another passing affair.  But I had not told my friends about our open relationship.

 

If I had told Arpita about our mutual understanding of our relationship she would have never wanted me to proceed.  I had only said Sid had proposed me and I have accepted for time being and will see how it goes.  But seeing our closeness Arpita along with my other friends had thought we were crazy for each other.  We were crazy but we both didn't wanted any serious relationship.  We both wanted to have just fun.  We were still young and love, serious commitment, marriage and all was a far thing for us.  We both were not that mature enough.  The only condition was we were not supposed to date any other person till we were in college.  Once college was done, we were free from all bonding.

 

 

"Mom, I am getting late.  Where's my breakfast"? I was on top of my voice.

"Where are you going today?  You didn't tell anything", asked my Mom.

"Mom, my college reopens today.  How come you forgot? You didn't wake me up as well".

"Does your college opens on Sunday"?

"What!!!"

"Yes its Sunday today".

"But he, oh my god, he fooled me"!!!

"Who fooled you"?

"Ahh, its one of my friend.  He called while I was sleeping and said..........."

"Oh, that's why you got up so early.  Otherwise you won't even get up before 10", my Mom was not able to control her laugh.

"Oh my poor sis, someone spoilt your sleep", my brother started teasing me.

"Are you going anywhere Sara"?, asked my Dad who just came in from his morning walk.

"Yes she was going to college thinking its Monday", said my Mom who was still laughing.

"Yes Dad, some friend of hers had played a prank on her and she believed it", said my brother Suraj who was very happy to see my plight.

"Oh Sara, don't worry.  Next time you can do something like that", said my Dad.

 

All of them started teasing me.  I couldn't believe Sid had played a prank on me and I without thinking got fooled by him.

 

 

"Hello"? Sid answered my call.

"Sid how could you do this, you fooled me".

"Hehe, just trying to remind you something".

"What"?

"You still don't remember"?

"No I still don't remember and now I don't have enough patience to remember anything as well".

"Its ok, call me when you remember.  I will be waiting for your call".

"But Sid........", he had already disconnected.

 

I was trying hard to remember.  I went to check the calendar to see the date.  It was 1st of June and it suddenly stuck me it was Sid's birthday.  How could I have forgot his birthday.  It was his first birthday after we started dating.  I had to do something special for him now but didn't know what to do.  After thinking for sometime, I finally came out with a plan.

 

I immediately called him,

"Hello"?

"I still can't remember anything but anyways I want to meet you".

"Then why do you want to meet if you still can't remember".

"Its because you have already made me get ready and I don't want it to go waste.  Come to our usual spot in about three hours".

"Three hours, but you said you are ready".

"Yes but I have some work.  I will finish and will meet you in three hours".

 

 

I had planned for a perfect lunch.  Sid loved all chicken dishes.  So I prepared some of his favourite food.  My Mom started questioning me but somehow I convinced her saying me, Arpita and other friends are planning for lunch together and each one will be cooking something.  I felt very bad at times when I had to lie to my Mom but everything could not be shared with parents and if I told my Mom that I was cooking for my boy friend's birthday I would have had it.

 

I was fond of cooking but my Mom never used to allow me on regular basis.  But since it was some special occasion, she didn't stop me.  I was happy to cook especially for Sid.  I had to make up for my forgetfulness.  I had not bought a gift as well.  But he didn't like accepting gifts.  He used to say "buy me a gift only when you start to earn, not from your parent's money".  So I made a handmade card for him which he couldn't refuse.  I was done with my cooking and everything looked perfect.  I had to reach before him so that I could make some arrangements.

 

I called Arpita and explained her everything about my plan.  I also asked her to inform Nishu, Pavan and Seema as well.  I wanted to play safe as I had lied to my Mom about having lunch with my friends.  I was all done.  I packed up everything very carefully.  I hoped Sid would like whatever little I did for him and forgive me for forgetting his birthday.  I had planned something different for his birthday but as they say "something is better than nothing".

 

 

"Hey, you came early"? Sid asked me seeing me waiting for him.

"Not really, you are bit late".

"Just 5 min late.  So why you wanted to meet"?

"Why, should there be a reason to meet you"?

"Not like that, anyways tell me".

 

I took him to the place closing his eyes where I had arranged his birthday cake and all the food that I had prepared for him.  I then opened his eyes and said, "Happy birthday Sid".

 

He was surprised to see all my arrangements.

"You remembered! Oh so you were pretending huh? Thank you so much Sara".

"I remembered after your call but then I wanted to surprise you.  I am sorry to forget Sid".

"Its ok baby.  You have anyhow compensated by this wonderful surprise".

"So, cut the cake now".

He cut the cake and I was singing birthday greetings for him.

"Wow this cake is yummy.  Where did you get it from"?

"You really think its nice"?

"Of course, it's very nice.  It tastes like homemade and fresh".

"You are right.  I prepared it for you along with other food".

"Aww Sara, you are a sweetheart but you didn't had to take so much pain".

"No issues Sid and after all it was for you.  So no big deal".

 

We had lunch following cake cutting.  Luckily Sid liked whatever I had cooked.  I then gave him his birthday card with few wordings.  I had tried to be poetic but I was very bad at it.  He knew it was funny but didn't say anything.

 

"You made my birthday special Sara".

"I am glad you liked it".

"We are just having a passing affair then why did you had to do so many things".

"This is nothing in your comparison Sid and more over is there any rule that we should not do special things in a passing affair".

"But Sara......"

"And if so then why you had to do all that you did for my birthday".

 

Sid had come to my home at sharp 12am on my birthday climbing a pipe as my room was on top.  He had got a small cake and some drink which he had prepared himself.  He was also fond of cooking.  This was another thing which matched for us.  As he used to stay in hostel he couldn't cook much but somehow he had managed to prepare some drink.  He had surprised me and also shocked me by climbing all the way up to my room.

 

We had spent the whole night together talking and talking.  We didn't get naughty though.  I was not ready for any such thing and he always respected my decision and said "I won't force you for anything Sara and I am with you because I like your company".  He was perfect for me.

 

"How did the birthday party went? I know its bit late to ask this now", Seema asked me after one week of college.  She had missed her first week because of some wedding in her family.

"It was good.  I had prepared some food and he liked it".

"You both make a great couple, hope everything goes well between you", said Arpita.

"Let's see.  Why is it taking Nishu and Pavan so long to get food from the canteen"?

"May be they found some girls to stalk", giggled Seema.

 

One week of the college was gone.  We had planned to rag some juniors on the first day but somehow didn't feel like doing it.  Many were innocent looking girls.  Nishanth had managed to flirt with some girls though.  First year he had been a good boy but now there was no stopping for him.  He was one year senior now.

 

"Hey Sara, you have to watch that.  Your Sid is ragging some girl over there", said Nishanth after coming back from canteen.

"Come on Nishu, he rags some or the other girl.  What's the big deal in it", I said.

"But that girl is super hot dear.  First year student and late admission.  She also lives in hostel".

"Never mind.  I don't bother about these petty things.  Its his last year, let him have some fun".

 

But somewhere I felt insecure for the first time.  We were not at all serious for each other but I couldn't realise why I felt jealous that day.

 

 

"You are here, I was searching for you everywhere", said Sid finding me in the college garden where I was sitting alone and reading some book.

"Why what happened"?

"Its college fest next month.  Every time our college was going to other colleges but this time other colleges are coming to our college".

"So....."?

"What so, aren't you excited to take part in this"?

"Right now I want to focus on exams which is next week".

"Sara, is everything ok"?

"Yes, why"?

"You are studying before a week.  You always study at the end moment right"?

"Ya but this time I don't have proper notes as well.  So.....".

"Anyways there will be fashion parade during that fest and you will be walking with me.  I have already registered our names".

"But Sid, how could you just register without asking me"?

"Because I know you won't say no.  We make a good pair and everyone would be willing to see us together".

"I know but still you should have asked me".

"Why are you getting so irritated?  This is not the first time I did something on your behalf".

 

He was right.  It was not the first time.  I was getting irritated without any matter.  Something was changing inside me and frustrating thing was I was not able to make out what it was.

 

 

"Hello"? Sid answered my call.

"Still angry with me"?

"I am not but just confused about your behaviour".

 

After my weird behaviour the other day we had not really talked to each other.  Both got busy with exams and then during mid term vacation after exams Sid went to his hometown and I had went on family vacation to one of my cousin's place to Bombay.

 

"I am sorry Sid.  I didn't know what happened to me that day".

"Its ok, you are coming to college right".

"Yes will be there in another 20 min".

"Ok see you soon, take care".

 

I and Arpita reached college where Seema, Nishanth and Pavan were waiting for us.

"Hey, how was your vacation Arpu and Sara"?, Seema asked us.

"I had been to my granny's place.  Nothing special though", said Arpita.

"I had went to Bombay, came back only yesterday.  How about you all".

 

Pavan was just at home.  Nishanth was busy partying and hanging out with his new girl friend which was only for time pass.  He was not at all serious about her nor she was about him.  Seema's cousins had come over and she was busy showing them around.  My mind was thinking about Sid and eyes looking for him.

 

 

"Hi Sid", Seema waved to him who was coming near us.

"Hey beautiful how are you", Sid always greeted all the girls whom he knew with some names.

"Very well.  How have you been? Always busy with Sara.  Spend some time with her friends also", Seema always pulled his leg.

"What to do, she has managed me to get glued to her very well you see", giggled Sid.

"Very funny Sid", I said.

"Hey Arpita, Nishanth and Pavan.  How have you been all"? asked Sid.

"All good man.  What special going on for fest"?, asked Nishanth.

"Came here just to talk about that but its related to Sara", Sid said.

"Obviously it would be related to Sara, we are not that dumb Sid", gave back Arpita.

"I know my dear.  So if you excuse us can I have a word with Sara"?

"Why if its related to fest you can chat in front of us also", said Pavan.

"Ya but you know after that it can get bit personal my dearies".

"Ok ok, we spare you.  She is all yours".

 

They all left leaving me alone with Sid.  Sid can sometimes get really very romantic.  He could make you feel very special at times and at the same time he can get very busy and totally forget that you ever exist.  If he gets upset he can totally detach himself from everyone but then again he could make up for his act in very special way.  He was some character.

 

"I told them that I will first confirm with you for the fashion show", Sid said making me still feel bad.

"I said I am sorry Sid.  Please don't do this".

"But you had said that I should have asked you".

"I don't know in what mood I was the other day, can't you forget that".

"Did it take you so many days to call me"?

"You also never called".

"Its because it was you who behaved weirdly".

"Ok now I said I am sorry.  What else you want me to do"? I was getting bit impatient.

"I can forgive you on one condition".

"What's that"?

"Give me a cute smile with a sweet kiss", he winked at me.

 

I smiled at him and kissed him.

"See now I forgot everything", he said.

"You will never change".

"Do you want me to change, I thought you like me the way I am".

"Yes yes, anyways, so you have not cancelled my name right"?

"No way baby, you will be my partner always.  If not with you then not with anyone else".

"My god you are getting very romantic now".

"Just got away with your kiss you see.  Got it after a long time now", he winked again.

"You are impossible Sid".

"Promise me you will not behave in this strange way again.  It doesn't suit you".

"Promise".

 

I promised to myself that I would never act the way I did anymore.  Sid was right it didn't suit me.  He always liked the crazy side of mine.  He liked the way I used to get drunk and talk all nonsense.  He liked the fact that I was not over sentimental or emotional.  He liked that I too didn't believe in emotional attachments.  He never told me the reason for his detachment from all the relationships and I also never cared to ask him.

 

Days were passing and soon it was December.  27th of December, my birthday and it came in midst of our Christmas vacation.  My friends were all planning for a Goa trip.  They wanted to celebrate my birthday in Goa.  But I was not sure if my Mom would ever allow me to go as it was not college trip.  She had never sent me with friends for such trips where there was overnight stay.  I knew my Dad would not object.  My friends said that they would somehow convince my Mom.

 

I also wanted to confirm with Sid about this plans.  We were always together on our birthdays but if I go to Goa, he would miss out my birthday and I wanted him also to join us.  He had never come with us on any trips.  He was one year senior and he had his own gang.  And for any senior to go with juniors was bit of challengeable task.  And Sid was a popular face in whole college.  I had never forced him to come with us for any trips.  But I had gone with him and his friends to many places, all day trips though by bunking the classes.  But this time I wanted him to come as I had my birthday.  I knew I could not force him.

 

 

"What are you doing for Christmas vacation"? I asked Sid.

"Hmm not sure yet.  All my friends want to come to Coorg.  So might plan a small trip with them".

"Oh, ok".

"What are you doing"?

"We are planning for Goa trip".

"We in the sense, family or friends"?

"Friends, yet to ask Mom.  Not sure if she would allow".

"Hmm, Goa is a nice place.  Had been with friends two years back".

"Is it fine if I go".

"Of course dear.  If you ask me, you should go.  These days don't come again and again.  You should make most of it".

"But Sid, I was thinking if you also could come to Goa with us".

"Sara you know I can't come with your friends.  You all are my juniors and it doesn't look good you see".

"But there is no rule that a senior can't come with junior".

"I know there is no rule but its something I don't like.  And you have never forced me for such trips, so why now"?

"Its just........anyways leave it.  Its ok.  You enjoy your Coorg trip".

"I am sorry Sara but you can join with us for Coorg if you want to".

"No I can't ditch my friends".

 

He didn't remember my birthday and I also didn't tell him anything.  I had promised to myself that I would not act stupid this time.

 

"Please Aunty its only three days.  Please send her na", pleaded Seema with my Mom.  Seema, Arpita, Nishanth and Pavan all had come to convince my Mom.

"But you all will be by yourselves.  It's so dangerous", said my Mom.

"No Aunty my Dad has booked decent hotel rooms for us.  We girls and boys will be in two different rooms".

"But still, I have never sent her to such trips where there is no supervision by elders".

"We will be fine Aunty and more over I have been to Goa many times", said Nishanth.

"Yes Aunty it will be so fun.  We want to celebrate Sara's birthday there.  My parents have also agreed", said Arpita.

"But.......", my Mom still had second thoughts.

"Its ok Savitha, send her.  There is always a first time to everything.  Let her enjoy with her friends.  I trust my daughter, afterall they are not lying to us", said my Dad.

"Thank you so much Uncle.  Please say yes na Aunty", Seema again pleaded.

"Ok but you have to promise that you will make her call home all the three days at least once", said my Mom and gave a green signal.

"Sure sure Aunty.  Will definitely do.  Thank you so much", said Seema.

"Yes Aunty, thanks a lot", they all said together.

 

That was easy.  I thought my Mom would never agree.  May be my Mom is not as strict as she pretend to look like.  We all were happy.  I had put aside the thoughts of Sid from my mind and was happy to go on my first outdoor trip with my friends.

 

"Yes Mom, we reached safely without any problem.  We checked into hotel also, don't worry", I was telling my Mom over the phone after reaching Goa who was asking me back to back questions.

"Ok but do take care and call me daily", said my Mom.

"Ya sure Mom.  Pass the message to Dad also".

"Ok I will let him know once he is back from work.  Take care".

"Ok Mom, bye".

 

I was super excited on my first ever trip like this with my friends.  The next day was my birthday and we were busy planning about all the activities we would be doing on this trip.  All had different options.  If one wanted to go to beach first, the other suggested something else.  For Pavan also it was his first outdoor trip.  He had hesitated to come at first because of all the money issue.  But we managed him to convince and told not to worry anything about the money.  He didn't liked us spending for his expenses but since it was my birthday he agreed telling that this would be the last time.

 

After having our lunch and resting for a while we decided we would go to beachside and then go to sunset point later.  Goa was a beautiful place.  I had been there two or three times but everytime with family.  This time with friends was a different feeling.  There were no rules and we could do whatever we wanted to.  There was no stopping for us.  We had already decided that we would be partying like hell.  After a long time we were getting such a chance.  They all were secretly planning something for my birthday which was the next day.

 

"Wow, what a beautiful view"? I said looking at the sunset.

"Yes indeed its so very nice", said Arpita and Seema.

"I have seen so many times but still feels so good whenever I come here", said Nishanth.

"Thank you guys to brining me here, its so wonderful", said Pavan.

 

We stayed there for sometime, clicked some pics and then decided to go to some pub for drinks and then dinner.  They were all whispering among themselves and Nishanth was continuously on phone with someone.  I could make out they were planning my birthday but I was not sure what they were going to do.

 

"Come on guys, is it compulsory to be a surprise.  I know you will be doing something for my birthday.  Tell me na".

"Sara, have patience.  Waiting makes everything special you see", said Seema.

"Yes Sara, have your dinner first.  Another 2 hours and you will get to know the surprise", said Arpita.

"Do you want to talk to Sid"?, asked Nishanth.

"No, he will be busy with his friends in Coorg.  I don't think he remembers my birthday".

"Call him and remind him, the way he reminded you", said Pavan.

"No way, I am not going to do that.  You guys are with me, that's more than enough for me".

"Aww, that's so sweet of you Sara.  Don't worry we will make it special, you will never forget", said Arpita.

 

 

After partying and having dinner, by the time we came back to our hotel it was 11pm.  We were very tired and thought we would take a nap.  They had planned something but I was fast asleep as soon as I hit the bed.

 

Sharp at 12,  I could feel someone near my ear saying, "Happy birthday baby".

I opened my eyes and to my surprise it was Sid from nowhere.  I could not believe my eyes and thought to myself am I dreaming.

"Happy birthday my dear", he said again and hugged me and kissed me on my cheeks.

"Sid.....,you...... how........ I mean......", I was not finding any words.  Before I could continue......

"Surprise....... Happy birthday Sara", yelled all my friends at once.

 

So this was the surprise they were planning.  Sid had never forgot my birthday.  He was just pretending and he had asked all of them to plan this Goa trip.  He had come to Goa a day before us and was living in the same hotel.  It was him who had booked a hotel for us.  I had no words to express how I was feeling at that time.  Sid's presence made me feel so good that I actually realised how much I was missing him.

 

I then cut my birthday cake at rooftop of the hotel where Sid had arranged everything.  We partied like anything.  Sid never gave me any gift as he didn't believe in such things.  My friends were right, this birthday indeed was very special and I would never forget.  Sid had made it really very special.

 

"So what are you planning for this valentine's day Sara"? asked Seema.

"Don't know there is still 2 weeks for that".

"Hmm I wish I had someone at least on that day", Seema said.

"Why only for that day"? asked Arpita.

"So at least for one day I could feel special".

"You had one guy from other department who was after you right"?, I asked Seema.

"Oh that one, he was such a bore.  None of our likes matched.  He always used to talk about after marriage things, how a husband and wife should be, blah blah".

"Hehe, he was so madly in love with you", said Arpita.

"Oh come on, he still don't know his future and wants to plan about marriage and all.  I want someone with good bank balance and well settled guy.  These all I feel like kids you see".

"Hmm, that's bit tough and that too within two weeks", I said laughing.

"I know and hey I don't want to get involved with anyone seriously.  I don't like all that drama of miss you, love you".

"So you think Sara's is all drama", asked Arpita.

"Sara is different.  She is not too melodramatic.  I have never seen her depressed if some day she didn't get to see her Sid".

"Ya ya, that's true.  I am not too melodramatic".

"Where's Nishu and Pavan?  It's almost bell time now", asked Arpita.

"Pavan is sick and will not be in today.  No idea about Nishu", said Seema.

 

 

And it was 14th Feb, valentine's day.  Most awaited day for all the love birds.  I was not crazy about this day but somehow this time I felt something special about it.  Sid had asked me to bunk the class after lunch and meet him near the college gate.  He said he had planned something and we would be spending some quality time together.  He also said he will be taking me to some new place and will be doing something new about which I had no idea.

 

Nishanth had bunked for the day and was going to spend some time with his girl friend.  Arpita and Pavan attended the class sincerely.  Pavan was not at all interested and for Arpita as she had not yet found her Mr. Right she was not bothered.  Seema somehow had managed to find someone from the senior group two weeks back.  She had a sort of crush on that guy but had never talked to him.  This time she thought this guy will do and she will have a try with him.  I used to admire her for these crazy things at times.  She reflected me most of the times but after Sid I had stopped all these things as I used to be quite busy with him and I never really felt the need of finding anyone else.

 

Sid was always with some or the other plans.  Everytime we used to chat I would found him new as if I am knowing him for the first time.  He was adventurous, bold, dashing and not like other guys who were over possessive about their girl friends even though it was for time pass.  These qualities really attracted me towards him.  The main thing I like about him was his loyalty.  He used to share everything with me and when with me he never chased other girls.

 

"Who's car is this"?, I asked Sid seeing him waiting for me in the car.

"One of my friend's car.  Just got it for this day.  Now come inside, hop on".

"So, where are u taking me"?

"Friend's apartment.  No one is there.  So I asked him if I could use it for today".

"And what we will be doing there"?

"Anything you want to baby", he winked at me.

 

I trusted him.  I was dating him for almost two years now.  He was not going to do anything with which I was not comfortable.  We reached his friend's place.  As he had said, no one was there.  I was getting hungry as I didn't had anything for lunch.  Sid had said we will be having lunch together.

 

"Nice place.  I am hungry now Sid.  Lets order or get something".

"No need for that.  We will be cooking together today".

"What!!! Are you serious"?

"Of course, I love cooking and so do you.  So lets do it together.  We can't find a better option than this.  I have done all the shopping for cooking".

"You are too good Sid.  I love you for this".

"So first lets start with something sweet".

"But sweet is always at the end right".

"You know which sweet I am asking for Sara", he winked again and I got what he meant.

"Here is your sweet", and I kissed him on his lips and we started off with our cooking.

 

 

We had our lunch and it was very yummy.  I had cooked fish and Sid prepared chicken dishes.  He was indeed a good cook.  It was one of the best memory I could have had.  We were having our drinks post lunch.  Sid was playing with my hair.  He then lied down putting his head on my lap.  He always liked doing that.  I could sense something was going to happen.  He then bent me towards him and kissed my lips.  I also kissed him back.  He then carried me in his arms and took me to the bedroom.  I was lying there and he came next to me.  We kissed passionately the way we had never done before.  He then slowly moved towards my neck and kissed me.  He then undressed me and without my knowledge I removed his shirt.  We hugged each other.  I pulled him towards me in a way I never want him to leave me.  He was exploring my body and I didn't stop him.  My mind was telling me I was not ready for this but my heart overtook my mind and thus awakened the deep desire inside me which I never thought existed.  We were passionately involved with each other.  We made love for the first time. It was not new to him but it was a whole new experience to me.  I had tears in my eyes while making love but it was something which came out of affection.

 

That day something inside me changed forever.  My thoughts and beliefs about a relationship had found a new meaning.  I was not the same anymore.  I had come out as a new person.

 

                        ------------------------------

 

 

"You again missed first two classes today Sara.  What's the matter with you"? Arpita was asking me.

"I think she don't feel like coming to college without Sid around now", teased Seema.

"This is your final year Sara, you should get bit serious now", advised Pavan.

"If not for lessons come at least for attendance Sara", said Nishanth.

 

They all were talking to me but I was not at all in mood to listen to them.  Second year had gone quite quickly.  I was in final year now.  After that day with Sid, though I could make out some changes within me I didn't really share it with Sid.  He didn't discuss anything and I didn't feel like talking about that as I didn't wanted to stress him as it was his last year.

 

What would I have talked to him when I myself was not sure what was happening to me.  I could realise that I had changed completely but didn't know was it a good sign or bad.  I couldn't discuss this with anyone, not even with Arpita as I was not sure anyone would be able to understand.

 

After exams Sid left for his hometown.  After the results he left for Bangalore where he had found a small job.  He was also planning to do MBA in correspondence.  I used to call him sometimes.  Before leaving to Bangalore he had said, "hey Sara, it was nice time with you.  No hard feelings huh?, we are still friends".  That was the end of our passing affair.  We were now free.  But somewhere I didn't like this freedom.

 

"Are you missing him very badly"? Arpita asked me when we were sitting together at my place in my room.

"Don't know, I don't think so".

"You both love each other right, I mean you both are still together"?

"I need to tell you something Arpu but promise me you will not be mad at me".

"What's it"?

"Sid and I never really had serious relationship.  It was just a passing affair".

"What!!! You mean to say he was not serious about you"?

"Not only him Arpu, we had a mutual understanding on this.  We both never wanted serious thing.  It was decided on our very first date".

"And you didn't feel like telling me this, right"?

"I knew you would not like these things Arpu but I had a nice time with him.  He is somewhat different".

"So now there is nothing between you both"?

"We are still friends but yes we are not a couple anymore".

"But I don't think you have moved on.  You have changed Sara.  I could make out how badly you miss him.  You are not interested in partying anymore.  You don't feel like hanging out with us.  You don't attend classes regularly.  You seem to be lost in your own thoughts.  Don't you think this has some meaning"?

"What do you want to say that I am going crazy over him.  I do miss the moments spent with him but its not that I am thinking only about him".

"You are Sara, you don't want to accept this fact and I don't know why but yes you are in love with him".

 

 

Love, I love him? No its not possible.  I never really had any such feelings for him when we were together.  How could I then be suddenly in love with him.  Arpita was just imagining things.  I didn't believe in love and all, not at least when we were only 19yrs old.  We were not mature enough even to understand these feelings let alone handling them.  I had to prove Arpita and all my friends wrong who thought I was missing Sid very badly.

 

Seema had invited all of us to her place for house party as it was her birthday.  She never liked surprises and always wanted to celebrate her birthday in her own way by throwing party.  I had second thoughts about going to the party but then I decided to go or else they all would think I am really going crazy over Sid.

 

"What time is the party Sara"? asked my Mom.

"At 7, Mom.  Don't wait for me, I will be late".

"How will you come back then.  Dad is also out of town.  You better take Suraj with you".

"I am not going to any boring party Mom, instead I can pick her up later", said Suraj who hated these parties.  He was bit opposite to me.

"No need Mom, I will be fine.  I will ask Nishu or Pavan to drop me.  Arpu will also be there with me".

"She has so many people Mom, don't worry.  I have some assignments as well to complete", said Suraj.

"But Sara, you know I don't like these late night parties of yours".

"But its Seema's birthday and we are not going anywhere out.  It's at her home.  Don't you worry", and I was gone.

 

 

Seema's birthday party went very well.  As it was at home we couldn't have drinks but we enjoyed like hell.  There was a guy at Seema's place whom she introduced as her cousin who will be staying with them for sometime.  He was in his mid 20s and had come to help her Dad with his business and also to learn some business tactics.  His name was Ravi and he was staring at me all the while during party.  He also gave his number to me.  He was a good looking guy, with brownish eyes, 6 feet tall, fair complexion and medium built.  I thought this was the nice opportunity to get out of Sid's thoughts and also prove to my friends that I am the old Sara again who could never get serious with anyone.

 

I called him after two or three days after the party and he was very pleased as he had not thought I would ever call him.  I made him very clear that I am not into any serious business and would be interested only in being friends.  He was ok with that and he too also wanted some fun so that his stay in this new place would get enjoyable.  He was from Bombay and found Mangalore bit boring compared to his busy life in Bombay.

 

My calls to Sid frequently became less.  Not that I didn't miss him, I did but then he also used to stay very busy with his job and MBA.  I didn't wanted to disturb him.  We were in touch through messages here and there.  I also started to see Ravi and spend more time with him.  I didn't really enjoy with him the way I used to with Sid.  Unknowingly I started to compare Ravi with Sid.  The more I compared the more I felt disappointed.

 

 

"These pictures are very cool Sara.  Didn't know you are a good photographer", said Nishanth looking at the pictures I had clicked few days back.

"Where did I know.  Dad got a new camera about 2 weeks back.  I just tried clicking some.  Are they really nice".

"Of course they are beautiful Sara.  You must take it seriously", said Seema.

"Indeed they are very nice.  You can become a photographer", said Pavan.

"My childhood friend is so good at taking pictures and I never knew", said Arpita.

"Oh come on you guys, I never had any passion for photography".

"But you can make this your career Sara.  You were unsure about what you will be doing after college right? Well now you have an option", said Nishanth.

"Hmm, but again I have to do some extra course for this right".

"I have a friend in Bangalore who does all this photo shoots and all.  I will talk to him and get some information for you", said Nishanth.

"Oh that would be wonderful Nishu, at least then I can know what to do with my life".

"Sara if you become photographer, you can probably click my wedding pictures babes", said Seema.

"Still six months to finish our college and you are already planning your wedding", said Arpita.

"Of course.  I will not be studying any further.  I have already asked my parents to search for a good looking, well settled boy".  We all had a nice laugh on that.

 

 

And that's how I found my passion for photography.  I had no idea before that.  I loved clicking pictures with my cousin's camera but I never thought about it seriously.  We didn't had any camera and whenever we wanted to take some pictures of our family we used to go to the studio and during any functions we used to hire some photographer.  But after all my friends suggested I should make a career out of it I gave it a serious thought.  When Nishanth said he has a friend in Bangalore, it made me more excited.  I don't know why but may be because of the fact Sid lives there.

 

In these many months I hardly had a chat with Sid over phone.  He also never came to Mangalore.  We used to message though.  I was also getting bored with Ravi now.  I didn't find him interesting or adventurous or anything new in him unlike Sid who was always some mystery character.  I was missing him though I didn't really accept it or express it.

 

Arpita could sometimes make out my frustration over Sid's name or anything related to him.  She tried explaining to me that I should stop running away from this fact but I never listened to her.  I was not sure about these feelings inspite of the fact that I was developing some feelings.  I didn't wanted to give any name for that.  I liked the way I was and didn't really wanted to become some love struck person who would waste her time thinking about something which I don't believe in.  Ravi was the only choice to get out of these frustrations and for time being I didn't mind seeing him around.

 

 

"You mean to say he will train me and also pay me"?, I was asking Nishanth in surprise at his home after he got information about photography from his friend.

"Yes but you have to work with him for sometime, say a bond of six months or so", said Nishanth.

"Thats cool man.  I don't have any problem with that if your training will be free of cost".

"Yes, he is my good friend and very helpful also".

"Thanks Nishu.  I will talk about this with my parents today itself.  Hopefully my Mom will agree to this.  I know Dad will be fine".

"Your Mom don't like you going anywhere.  Why is she so strict"?

"Its not that Nishu.  She is little scared for me.  You know everyday we hear some or the other news about girls being kidnapped or raped.  She just gets worried".

"I know but where will you stay in Bangalore"?

"I have lot of cousins and relatives there.  Will see where my parents will fix me", I giggled.

"So how's it going with Ravi., any progress"?

"Ok its going on.  We have been seeing each other for sometime now.  Nothing interesting man.  Anyhow he will be going back soon".

"Oh is it, what will you do then"?

"Focus on my career Nishu, now come on I am not at all interested in him.  He is nothing like Si............", I stopped myself before I could say anything more.

"You still miss him right"?, Nishanth got that.

"Nothing like that Nishu".

"You do Sara, you are not able to make out but we can.  We see that you miss him".

 

Other than me everyone else could see I missed Sid.  There was no doubt I missed him.  I missed all the crazy things we did together.  To be more specific I missed his touch which used to make me feel so special.  But this didn't mean that I love him.  No I don't.

 

"So you really want to proceed in photography Sara"?, asked my Dad.

"Yes Dad and that guy is Nishu's friend.  He will train me and pay me as well.  It would be a great opportunity for me Dad".

"What do you say Savitha"? my Dad asked my Mom.

"If she is so much interested then I don't mind and we have many relatives in Bangalore.  She can stay with any one of them".

"Oh my god, you agreed pretty quickly Mom.  I love you", I had not imagined it would be that easy to convince my Mom.

"But Sis with whom you will stay"?, asked my brother.

"She can stay with Anu aunty.  Anyhow her son and his family live in Singapore.  Its only she and her husband, should not be a problem", said my Mom.  Anu aunty was my Mom's elder sister.

"But Savita you better ask her first", said my Dad.

"Don't worry Satish, she would be very happy to have Sara.  But still I will talk to her tonight".

"So when will you be going Sis".

"After my exams in April.  Its only Feb now".

"You don't have to wait till your results"? asked my Mom.

"No Mom, Nishu said I can join him as soon as I finish my exams.  Results don't matter to him".

 

It was again Valentine's day.  Memories from last valentine came back to me.  I messaged Sid saying "happy valentine's day" and he had replied back as "same to you, but this time not together".  I so badly wanted to call him but then again what would I have said to him that I missed being in his arms.  Why was this happening to me.  Why I wanted to see him.  I couldn't find any answers to these.

 

Ravi had asked me to meet him.  He wanted to spend the Valentine's day with me as he would be going back the next day.  I said I will meet him after the classes.  I didn't feel like bunking my classes.  I told him to pick me up from our usual juice junction little far from our college.  I didn't wanted anyone to see us.  Me, who never really cared about being watched when I was with Sid, now didn't wanted anyone to see us.

 

Ravi was waiting for me near the juice junction.  He had come with Seema's Dad's car.  He told we will first watch any movie and from there will go to beach and spend some time there.  I was ok with whatever he had planned as I didn't had any plans.  I was not at all sure of meeting him if he was not going back.  Its not that he was some kind of jerk or anything but I didn't feel very excited to be with him.  I didn't really look forward to these outings with him.

 

I had slowly started to realise my mind is getting out of my control.  Was Arpita right about how I was feeling.  Have I really fallen for Sid?

 

 

"Hey get in", said Ravi for whom I was waiting from past 15 min.

"You are late", I didn't really like waiting.

"I know, I am sorry.  Got stuck between some work".

"But you said you will be free today".

"Ya last minute work you see.  Tomorrow I will be gone and had to fix few things".

"Hmm never mind.  What time you are leaving tomorrow"?

"I have a flight at 10am".

"Hmm, so which movie are we going"?

"Not sure, lets see what's going on.  If you want to go anywhere else its fine".

"Lets go to the beach directly.  Anyhow movie and beach will make me late".

"Ok sure, I will take to beach then".

 

He then gave me some gift box.  As I opened it, I was shocked to see a golden ear rings in that.

"Oh my gosh, I can't take this expensive gift".

"Its not that expensive.  Please don't say no.  Its specially for you".

"But still, its gold right.  I mean I am not your girl friend or......".

"I know but I like pampering girls.  You are one of the beautiful girl who gave me such a good company here".

"But seriously Ravi I can't accept this.  I have to answer lot of questions at home if I take this.  My Mom knows all my friends and they can't give me such expensive gifts.  Please understand".

"Ok no issues.  I will give some other gift which you don't need to explain to anyone".

 

After coming back from beach, I changed quickly, didn't talk to anyone and straight away went to Arpita's home.  I was very upset and wanted to talk to her very badly.  As soon I went to her place she took me to her room.  I hugged her and started crying like never before.  I had never cried like this in my whole life.  She tried to console me and was asking for the reason but I was not able to stop my tears.

"Calm down Sara, please tell me what happened".

"Arpu.. Arpu, you know I had went with Ravi today right"?

"Ya, you had told me".

"He...he...he tried to...", I was still not able to control my tears.

"Just say it Sara", Arpita was getting impatient.

"He tried to get close with me.  He tried to kiss me and I didn't like it".

"What!!! Its only that.  I mean he tries to kiss you and you are so....  When did you start to get uncomfortable with these things"?

"Arpu, what do you mean"?

"You have kissed many boys in the past and you had also kissed Sid.  So what's the big deal in this".

"But Arpu, in past and all it was only for fun and with Sid it was different".

"What was so different with Sid, Sara.  As far as I know, you would have never tried to stop Sid".

"Ya but.... but...." I was not able to say what I wanted to.

"What happened Sara, couldn't find the words.  Shall I tell you why it was different with Sid, because you love him and that's the reason you can't bear anyone else touching you.  At least accept this fact now dear".

 

Yes I was in love.  I finally had to accept this.  I loved Sid.  That's the reason I always felt special with him.  That's the reason I used to feel jealous whenever he used to talk with any other girl.  That's the reason I missed him.  That's the reason I didn't stop him on our last valentine's day.  Yes I was crazily in love with him.  There was no running away from this fact now.  Arpita was right I had fallen for him.  He was my Mr. Right.  Now when he had touched me, I didn't wanted anyone else to touch me or get close with me.

 

But I wondered did Sid also loved me.  How could I tell this to him.  He had never tried to call me.  He was a playboy and he had accepted this fact very early.  I decided I would let him know my changed feelings for him once I finish my exams and go to Bangalore.  I didn't know how he would react to this but he had to know.  I couldn't imagine a girl like me who always believed in fun and not in emotional attachments could also fall in love.  It was now clear to me what had changed in me the other day when I and Sid had made love.

 

Yes I was madly in love with the most craziest person I could ever find.  It was this love which kept me attached to him even after we departed.  I just couldn't wait to go to Bangalore.

 

 

                        ----------------------------------

 

 

 

 

"Hey Sara, come in.  Just give me 2 min", said Anurag, Nishanth's photographer friend.

"Ok sure".

 

After my exams I had come to Bangalore to build my career in photography.  My Mom had made my accommodation with her elder sister as she per her initial plans.  It took me one week to settle myself in a new place.  I always used to come to Bangalore with my parents but this was the first time I would be on my own.  A total new experience for me.

 

Bangalore, also known as Silicon Valley because of its role as nation's leading IT exporter.  It has many IT companies giving opportunities to many engineers.  It is also known as Garden City because of its gentle climate and presence of many public parks.  People here know all languages.  One need not have to know the local language.

 

I always loved this place and like my other friends I also wanted to explore this place.  I had still not contacted Sid.  I first wanted to sort out all the issues related with my training and work.

 

"Hey, sorry for keep you waiting.  So how are you"? asked Anurag.

"I am good.  All excited to step into new field".

"That's great you are looking forward for this.  As discussed earlier I will train you and also give you few assignments".

 

 

Anurag explained me very clearly about training and job.  Arpita was doing her MBA in Bangalore.  Seema went to Bombay to her cousin's place to do some computer course in which she was not all interested but had to because of her parents.  Pavan had also come to Bangalore in search of a job.  Nishanth joined his Dad in his business as he didn't wanted to study further.  All of us had set out in her respective ways to seek our future.

 

Initial few days were tough for me in Bangalore as I had never been on myself.  Anu aunty was very nice and made me feel very comfortable.  I was missing all my friends especially Arpita.  We used to call each other daily and talk for hours.  But later because of my training and assignments I got busy.  I had called Sid once I was well settled but he was in his hometown to attend some marriage and told would get back to me once he is back in Bangalore.

 

I started to enjoy my work.  Anurag was very good at his job.  He was a great photographer.  He used to do lot of photo shoots and I started to assist him.  I soon got to learn many things about photography.  He was very impressed with my progress.  He was a middle age guy with average looks.  He got separated from his wife after his 3 years of marriage.  He had one daughter who lived with his wife.  He was fun loving guy and I had never seen him depressed or losing his temper.  He was very cool headed guy even when his employees did some thing wrong.  He was a great guy to work with and a great tutor as well.

 

 

"I don't believe you are here from past five months and we are meeting only now", Sid said sitting in a coffee day.

"I know.  I first thought of calling you the day I arrived but then I thought I will first settle well with my job and all".

"Ya and then when you called I was out of town, busy with my schedule blah blah.  But anyways finally we are here".

"Yes, so how's your job and I guess you are doing your MBA as well right"?

"Yes babes, MBA is going on.  Not sure if I would complete it because of this hectic job you see".

"Hmm, you must be well settled here now.  You like the place"?

"Very much.  All my friends are here.  We have weekend parties, road trips and so many beautiful chicks also you see", he winked at me.

"Oh, so you are still the same huh"?

"Of course, how could I change.  You know me very well".

"Any girl friends"?

"If you mean by passing affairs, yes many".

"Nothing serious yet"?

"Serious!! and me, come on Sara you should not be asking this.  I can't get committed to any one girl.  Its impossible".

"And what if someone you know and with whom you had been involved loves you truly"?

"I would say very politely that love is not my cup of tea as I am a playboy".

 

 

I got very depressed after I met Sid.  I couldn't tell him what I wanted to do.  He was still the same and it was not his fault.  He had not done anything wrong with me.  It was I who had changed completely.  I slowly started to keep myself away from him.  I got involved in my work more and more.  Anurag started to assign me more work seeing my enthusiasm.  He also started to take me on outdoor shoots which I enjoyed a lot.

 

Sid used to call me now and then and invite me on his weekend parties.  I tried to avoid him but he somehow used to convince me to go with him.  He also used to take me on his road trips.  I used to enjoy them but it was such a pain to see him flirt with other girls as well.  A guy who I love so deeply flirts with other girls and I used to feel so helpless.  Unable to confess my love for him was killing me from inside. 

 

I had completed one full year in Bangalore.  In this one year I had learnt a lot about photography from Anurag.  I now used to work independently on my assignments.  Anurag insisted that I should look for other opportunities instead of working only for him.  But I was happy under his guidance.  I didn't feel the need of going somewhere else.

 

I used to miss my parents, brother and friends a lot.  In this one year I had went only twice or thrice to Mangalore to see them.  I used to talk to them over the phone regularly.  My friends were also busy with their own things.

 

 

"What!!! When did this happen? You never gave me a hint", I was asking excitedly over the phone to Arpita who got engaged.

"I myself didn't know about it.  It was all arranged.  He is into IT and lives in Bangalore only.  His name is Sandeep".

"Arranged? But Arpu you always wanted to have love marriage right"?

"Ya but what to do if I couldn't find one.  Moreover Sandeep is a nice guy and very handsome as well.  He is the only son to his parents who live here in Mangalore itself.  His father is a very good friend of my papa".

"But Arpu....."

"Don't worry Sara, I am very happy and you are the first one to know.  Engagement was a small ceremony with only his and my parents and a few relatives.  Nothing on large scale".

"Hmm, if you are happy then nothing matters.  So when is the marriage".

"After six months.  I would be done with my MBA also by then.  Marriage is in Mangalore only and you will be coming".

"Oh do I need your invitation? Of course I would be coming.  How could I miss your wedding"?

"Sara, why didn't you tell anything to Sid"?

"Forget it Arpu, its no use.  Let's not talk about it now".

"But you should have.  Anyways I would be coming to Bangalore next month for shopping.  I am counting on you".

"Anytime dear and hey you would be introducing your fiance".

 

 

I was very happy for Arpita as she was very much excited about her wedding.  Arpita had never been in any relationship though she had many boys who were crazy for her.  Some seriously and some only for fun.  I always used to tell her just to have some fun.  But now I feel its good that she didn't had any fun.  What if she had ended in the same situation like me.

 

With each passing day it was getting impossible for me to forget Sid.  He used to invite me to all his friend's parties though I was not at all interested.  He just used to say "you are my best companion, its good to have you around".  I had to try a lot to be the old Sara he knew who used to enjoy these parties like anything.  He didn't knew that I was the changed Sara who just wanted to be with him, who was craving for his love, who was so emotionally attached to him.  I couldn't reveal all these things to him.  I didn't wanted to depress him with all my feelings when he considered me as his best friend.  He still used to touch me the same way.  We still used to hug, kiss but the difference was initially it was only for fun and now it was out of love from my side.

 

I had passed many nights crying for him.  I wanted to tell all my feelings and the way I felt for him.  I wanted to share my pain with Arpita but then she was busy with her wedding plans and her fiance.  I didn't wanted to disturb her with all my mess.  I had never imagined loving someone and not able to have them could give you such a pain.  I just wanted to scream at top of my voice and say " I LOVE YOU SID, I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH".

 

 

"Hey Anurag, you wanted to talk to me", I said as I entered his cabin.

"Yes Sara, please have a seat".

"Yep, tell me what's the matter".

"Well Sara, you came here without any experience but in these one and a half years you have excelled very much in your work".

"Thanks Anurag, its all because of you".

"No no, its all your hard work.  I have some news for you".

"What news, hope its not bad.  You are not firing me right", I asked with a laugh.

"Well not really but I have some very good chance for you".

"And what's that".

"I have a friend in New York who runs his own company in same field.  He is looking out for some young talent and I have suggested your name and mailed him all your work".

"And......"

"And he wants to hire you.  All the paper work, documentation will be taken care of.  You will also be provided with accommodation until you find your own place.  Salary package is also very good.  Its a nice opportunity for you".

"But Anurag, New York, its a totally new experience and new place for me".

"You are a brave girl Sara and you very well adjust to new places.  Bangalore was also a new experience for you".

"Give me some time to think about it Anurag.  I have to consult my family as well".

 

 

I had never imagined I would be getting some offer like this.  New York is a great city.  I had heard a lot about it but going and working there, it was bit of a task for me.  I had to convince my parents especially my Mom who would be dead against of me going to New York.  But I wanted to take this opportunity.  I thought this would be the best option to run away from all those memories associated with Sid which used to haunt me.  I wanted to stay away from him forever.

 

"Oh look at you, you are all glowing", I said to Arpita who had come to Bangalore for her shopping.

"Shut up Sara, nothing like that.  You are just imagining things".

"Hehe, but really you are looking more beautiful".

"Hmm anyways, how's your work life going"?

"Very well.  I have got one new offer also".

"What's that"?

"Will tell you but first you freshen up.  I have few assignments.  I will finish that and come and then in evening we could go for shopping".

"Ok but don't hurry yourself".

"Not a problem.  And hey you will be introducing your fiance as well".

"Sure I will give him a call and see if he is free for dinner tonight".

 

I finished my work and later we went for shopping.  Sandeep came for dinner and he was indeed a very nice guy and a perfect match for Arpita.  All these years of wait for her Mr. Right didn't go waste.

 

 

"So what have you thought about it"?, Arpita asked after I told her about New York offer.

"I want to take it".

"Will your parents be ok with it, I mean its a big decision Sara".

"I know Arpu but I just want to run away from here.  This seems a perfect opportunity for me".

"Running away from Sid also means parting from your family as well Sara".

"I know Arpu but I don't have any other option.  I have to somehow convince Mom and Dad".

"Instead why don't you just say it to him".

"I can't and I don't want also.  He doesn't believe in love and all Arpu and I want him to get these feelings on his own like how I got".

"Which was the moment you felt you have lost to him Sara, I mean what made you change something in you"?

 

I couldn't have held the truth anymore from Arpita.  I told her everything that happened between me and Sid on that valentine's day which changed me completely.  I felt so relieved after sharing this with Arpita.  I couldn't hold back my tears and I cried and cried like a baby hugging her.  She tried to console me but then she let me cry and lessen the burden that I had carried all the way along alone.

 

Thank god for you have some friends on whom you could always rely upon no matter what.  They are always there to understand you and I was so wrong about Arpita that she could not have understood my situation.

 

"Thank god for Arpita's wedding.  You came at least", said my Mom who was seeing me after quite a long time.

"But Sis, there is still one month for the wedding. How come you came so early", asked Suraj.

"Suraj, enough.  I am happy that she came and you are asking the reason.  This is her house, she can come anytime", said my Mom.

"Yes of course, so Sara how's your job there now, enjoying"?, asked my Dad.

"Yes Dad, all good.  I love my work.  Anurag, my manager is also very happy with my progress".

"That's very good.  Anyways you freshen up and take rest.  I will see you in the evening", said my Dad and left for this work.

 

My parents and my brother thought I came early because of Arpita's wedding but the actual fact was to convince them for my New York departure.  I had made up my mind and also accepted Anurag's New York's offer.  I found it the only way to escape from the dilemma I was going through every day of my life.  I knew it was a difficult task to convince my parents.  This time not only Mom, but Dad would also not be willing me to send to such a far place all by myself.

 

I couldn't have told them everything.  I knew I was my selfishness but I was helpless.  I had never planned for any overseas relocation but when I got that offer it was the best option for me.  I thought may be this is what lies in my destiny.  May be Sid was only a dream which could never be reality.

 

 

"What are you saying Sara, New York!! that too all of sudden", my Mom got anxious.

"You never discussed anything about this though Sara", said my Dad.

"I know Dad, but Mom I was not sure at first when I got this offer.  So I didn't tell anything".

"Cool Sis, New York is a great place", said Suraj.

"Suraj, its not a joke.  Totally new country and we don't know also anyone there.  How are you going to manage there"?, asked my Mom.

"There is nothing to worry about Mom.  They are giving me accommodation and I know I will be fine.  It is very good for my career".

"But Sara, in Bangalore also your career is going very well right"?, asked my Dad.

"Yes Dad but you don't get such offers daily.  They are very happy with my work and I really want to go.  Please don't say no, please".

 

With lot of pleading and convincing they finally gave in.  My Mom was still not very happy about me going to New York but my Dad somehow convinced her.  I promised them that I would call them daily without fail and would keep reporting them everything.  I felt bad that I had to lie to them but if I had said the actual fact they would have never let me go.

 

Arpita's wedding was around the corner and I was leaving for New York exactly a week after her marriage.  I had to meet Sid for one last time before I flew to New York.

 

 

"Hey, when did you come back and you said you want to say something"?, asked Sid whom I had called to meet me.

"I came just two days back.  I have some news for you".

"Don't tell me even you are getting married", he teased me.

"Why, shouldn't I"?

"Well, I can't comment on that but I don't think you would so soon".

"Oh, anyways don't worry I am not getting married".

"Then good, I mean, then what's the news", he just cut the sentence in between.

"I got a nice offer in New York and I will be flying this weekend on Saturday".

"What!! when did this happen? You never said anything about it.  You are flying this Saturday and you are telling me now when everything is set", he got bit irritated with this but was trying hard to cover it.

"Sid I was not sure about it and I thought I will let you know only when everything is final".

"Oh, ok.  Have a nice future", I could make out the disappointment on his face.

"You are angry with me" ?

"No why would I be.  You never gave me that right".

"Sid, you know me very well.  I would not tell anything unless I mean it right.  This was also the same".

"But why do you want to go away Sara"?

"I have a better future there Sid".

"Won't you miss anything here"?

"I will but I don't have any option, you will not understand.  Can you meet me on Friday? I will come to your place".

 

My parents, brother and my friends came to Bangalore on Thursday so that they could spend some time before they see me off.  I only told Arpita about my plan of meeting Sid on Friday.

 

"But Sara, why do you want to meet him"? asked Arpita.

"Because I am not sure if I would ever see him again".

"Then what's the use of meeting him".

"So that I can take the last bit of memories of him with me".

"Just say to him Sara, who knows it might change something".

"No Arpu, I know it will not change anything.  I don't want him to think that I am going because of him. He should not feel guilty".

"But Sara......"

"Love should come from within Arpu, you can't make any person to love you".

"I still regret the day when I said that one day you will truly fall for someone.  You were good before, can't imagine this love took you this far".

"I guess one who always runs away from love and commitments are the ones who fall so deeply".

"I still insist you should tell him".

 

It was too late for me to confess my love to Sid.  I knew he doesn't have any such feelings for me then why would I make him think about these things.  He was happy in his life and I didn't wanted to create any complications for him.  I didn't wanted to be so selfish and make him realise the pain I was going through.

 

 

"Come in Sara, was waiting for you only", said Sid once he saw me at his place.

"Thanks Sid for taking a day off today for my sake".

"Don't know when I will be able to see you again.  The least I could do was to take a day off and spend some quality time with you".

"Actually my family and friends have come over.  So I couldn't have met you in the evening".

"I understand.  So what will you have for drinks".

"I am fine with anything".

"Hmm, I was thinking that if we can cook together today".

"Actually I was thinking the same, don't know if we would get this opportunity again".

"Ya, lets just relive those memories again.  What say".

"True.  So what we will be cooking"?

"Anything of your choice.  After all its your farewell today".

"I am good at cooking fish".

"How could I forget that.  Your fish curry is finger licking.  Let's get started then".

"Cool but before that a glass of wine please".

"Sure why not.  What time is your flight tomorrow"?

"Its at mid night.  We will be leaving around 5pm".

"Ok, you have anyone there to receive you"?

"Yes, Anurag said that they will be sending someone to pick me up".

"So, new lifestyle over there huh? Don't get involved with any American guy".

"Hehe, I am going there for work and more over these things don't interest me anymore".

 

 

We were done with our lunch and were watching a movie.

"Hey Sara, do you mind if we.....you know....", he came close to me and was finding hard to complete his sentence.  But I got to know what he meant.

"I don't mind Sid and anyhow this will be the last time".

"Won't you ever come back"?

"Who knows if you would still be single by the time I come back".

 

He kissed me, the same way he had three years back on that valentine's day.  But this time I kissed him more passionately than ever before.  I got very wild with him letting away all my emotions and desires.  I hugged him, pulled him towards me like there was no tomorrow.  I had missed him so much in these three years.  I had missed being with him so passionately.  He responded to my touches and kisses more intensely than ever before.  We made love many times that day.

 

We both were exhausted that Sid slept for sometime.  I was sitting beside him watching him and wondering if I could ever make him mine.  He was there sleeping without any knowledge about my feelings and I watching him with full of tears in my eyes.  I felt like waking him up and saying "do you know how much I love you" but then I controlled myself.  I went for a shower, dressed myself and left from there without saying a word.  But I left a small note for him saying, "you were sleeping like a baby, so didn't feel like disturbing you.  Have a great future Sid and always be happy".

 

 

"Take care Sara, do keep in touch.  We all will really miss you", said Nishanth at airport.

"Yes Sara, we really do", said Seema and Pavan.

"Hope you leave behind everything and start a new life over there my dear", whispered Arpita in my ears hugging me.

"Even I will miss you all, will surely keep in touch and Seema hope you find your perfect match soon.  All the best for all of you for your future.  Arpu have a great life and hope to hear a good news soon".

"Sara, call as soon as you land there and be careful about everything.  Don't talk to any strangers and........", my Mom was advising me like I was just staring my school.  I could feel her anxiety.  She had full tears in her eyes.

"Come on Mom, she is a big girl now.  She will be fine", said Suraj.

"Yes Savita, don't worry.  Do take care my child and call daily or else your Mom will go mad", said my Dad who was trying hard to control his tears.

"Of course Dad and Mom, will truly miss you all.  Suraj you better take care of them.  Will miss you bro".

 

I bid all of them final good bye and proceeded for my departure with heart full of pain and eyes full of tears which I tried hard control in front of them.  I had never thought I would be seeing this day as well where I will be parting from all my dear ones without whom I had ever imagined my life.  My commitment to someone changed the entire phase of my life.  Love could sometimes overpower everything.

 

                        ---------------------------------



© 2017 Swetha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Whoa, I was totally immersed with your story telling dear. My suggestion would be that you should have published it as a book & also get help with editing few typos and English mistakes. The story is really intriguing since it's about love, commitment as in college & afterwards the true realisation of it.
Can't wait to get reading with Part 3.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Swetha

6 Years Ago

thank you dear..
Anjali

6 Years Ago

Most welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 18, 2017
Last Updated on August 18, 2017


Author

Swetha
Swetha

Sydney, NSW, Australia



About
I am a newbie here. I used to write short stories but now trying with novels..Please feel free to leave your reviews.. Also please visit the website woxpert for my other novels... more..

Writing
Final Word Final Word

A Story by Swetha


Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Swetha