Chapter Two: Flashbacks, Man

Chapter Two: Flashbacks, Man

A Chapter by TheLastEclipse
"

Chapter two brings forth painful memories.

"

            Christian pulled into Hokes Bluff High School, searching in the one place he thought Jason could be. Jason Cash was wise. He knew his way around things. Certainly with all the joking he and Christian did, he would have had the intellect to survive.

            "What are we doing?" Alexis asked.

            "I've got to find Jason." Christian replied, gripping her hand and kissing her forehead. "Come on and stay close to me. Nothing will happen to you. I won't allow it. Just stay by my side."

            His car was parked near the oddly arranged buses. It was summer vacation, so school was out and the buses should not have been driven any. Christian switched off the ignition as Gabe and Alex stepped out of their vehicle. Alex finally had a melee weapon. He held a pipe tightly in his grip. Gabe wielded his machete and Christian kept the crowbar in hand.

            "So we're here to find Jason." Alex calmly assumed.

            "Exactly." Christian said.

            Alex only nodded.

            The four walked toward the door with Christian and Alexis tightly intwined and leading. Gabe was second in a calm state, just observing. Alex was the rear and he was very incontent, twitching at the slightest breeze. It's better to be paranoid than ignorant though. They reached the glass doors, seeing blood stained concrete and bullets in the glass. Beyond the glass, within the building is a barricade of desks and shelves!

            In excitement Christian turns to Gabe and Alex, "They're here!" He ran to the side entrance where he remembered Coach Shields bus letting off. He then ran toward the door showing a very vacant hallway.  Walking in the door as two scenarios passed through his head, one of the failure of them not being there or one of being blasted for barging into the building. Christian quickly yelled classmate names. He even began yelling for teachers. With no answers, he walked into the cafetorium. This combined the lunchroom and auditorium. This was actually the second school Christian had attended that actually did this. Douglas also had a cafetorium. As Alexis, Gabe, and Alex closed the door they all peered among the teens in relief.

            The first person that Christian realized was already latched onto him, screaming his name tearfully: Harlye Thomas.

            "Hey Harlye." He was speechless, seeing fellow people he had recognized as friends or enemies just weeks ago, but now they were what he though of as 'all that is left.'

            Harlye rambled on, him not answering one of her crying questions. Finally she moved onto Alexis who was glad to comply to all her questions. Alexis and Harlye were really good friends. Christian was like their centerpiece in Hokes Bluff since he and Alexis started dating. Then he moved to Crossville. This devastated a lot of his friends and new girlfriend at the time.

 

            What broke Christian from his silence was seeing Corey Jarrels, one of his great friends. He walked to Corey who was standing beside the barricaded parralel second entrance to the cafetorium.

            "Corey..." was all that managed to pass his lips.

            In shock, Corey gripped Christian's shoulders in suprise. "Christian! You're-You're alive?"

            "I am and I have a few tag-a-longs. I need you, Jason, Zack, Harlye, and Savannah!" Christian spoke, not really having any idea what to do once he gathers them.

            "Well it looks like you found Harlye. Jason is in the office, and Zack, with Savannah of course, is somewhere in here. But me myself, I'm not so sure I should go with you."  Corey replied propping himself against a wall.

            "Wait, what? Dude I need you to help us. We need to form a strong team." Christian panick stricken at the possible loss of a good friend and a strong ally in this dark time.

            "Don't take it offensively! It's just I mean look how well fortified this place is and it only took us thirty minutes! I'm not sure I'd be safe with you guys and besides these guys need me too." He gestured to the groups of distraught groups of teenagers. Some at least 18 and others little freshman, wimpering in corners. Some layed among the tables, some sat at them, stressed and speaking among their friends or ex enemies. Now even though it had not even been a complete day, you could not afford human enemies! It was just too dangerous to depend on yourself only.

            "At least think about it." Christian felt the hope fading from his voice.

            "I will." Corey's words kept dim embers of the hope that once blazed in Christian's mind. Now he was very desperate and the slightest let down hurt his confidence in living.

            He turned to Alexis who was still chatting with Harlye then Gabe and Alex who were right behind him. "All right Alexis and Gabe, stay in here. Alex you come with me. And Harlye can you take Alexis to Savannah and Zack?"

            Harlye only nodded as she started leading Gabe and Alexis.

            As Alexis passed Christian he grabbed her arms stopping her. He looked her in her eyes, sympathetically. "I'm sorry. I love you but I'm in a state of panic right now and I'm just trying to do what I thinks best for all of my loved ones. You guys are all that I have now..." He said letting the silence fill in the story. Having to kill his own family one by one was not a very pleasant thing that Christian had to do. Starting with his mother and beloved stepdad.

            Steven, the bulky stepdad of Christian Tanner, gripped his throat, bleeding from his own neck! Screaming with blood covered teeth, he threw Christian through the drywall. As Christian attempted to regain his breath his mother leaped on him! She tried her best to rip the flesh off of her still living first born. Christian struggled with right hand only inches from his closet. His weak left hand barely kept his mother at bay, and for even worse measures the deformity that was now 'Steven' was approaching him from the hall.Christian's fingertips knocked over his stainless steel sword that he Steven had made for him as a fun project. In a rush of adrenaline, he threw his mother off him! He leaped up, knocking over his arts table and backing into his window. The pain that shot through his knee barely distracted him, so he grabbed the sword. As his mother rushed toward him he swung, sinking the blade in her shoulder! She didn't stop and to make matters worse Steven tackled her and Christian out of the glass window! With shattered glass penetrating and ripping the flesh on his back he resisted moving. Steven's and his mother's weight combined was pain enough! Screaming for mercy, he miraculously rolled out from under the sickly pale, black-eyed demons. Stammering to step up with the sword he swung again. As blood poured from his body, more blood splashing his shirt assured him of a hit! This time he split open his mother's neck. Crying at this point as he watched his mother fall to her knees, finally actually seeming at peace. Steven began rushing toward Christian cathcing him off guard! Before he reached Christian, the house's back door opened!

            Terrified, it was Christian's little brother Austin still dressed in pajamas. "Bubba, what's going on?" He was crying.

            Steven's attention immediately turned to the devastated little boy!

            "No! Austin run!" Christian cried, straining his voice.

            Steven burst into an amazing sprint and gripped the edge of the hand rails which were 15 feet off of the ground! He leaped over so quickly that Austin barely had time to react when Steven wrapped around him, sinking his teeth into the child as they both flew down the 7 steps. Austin was the one on bottom.

            Christian was too late, screaming at the top of his lungs as the demon ripped flesh from his defenseless brother! He swung reapeatidly, hacking at the monster's neck. Crying... He felt pathetic. He was the only one who could've stopped it. He cursed himself. He watched as the blood poured from his brother's incapacitated rib cage. He could actually see where his brother's bones were broken... He kissed his brother's forehead before running back inside. He rushed through his kitchen a bit dizzied from pain and blood loss. He began walking through the kitchen and to his room. Before he walked into the hallway he was stopped by his 13 year old sister, Braylie.

            "Braylie! Thank God!"

            But a lifeless groan took back that thanks he felt. An eeried feeling dawned over him. As he drew his weapon he heard another group of moans. Looking behind him Austin and some neighbors walked in, bloody and disoriented.

 

            "Jason!" Christian yelled. Seeing him next to an injured man. It was the principal. A bloody bandage was tightly wrapped around his fore arm.

            "Christian. Alex!" He ran toward them. "Oh my God!"

            The rejoice was quickly interrupted by Jason being yanked by one of the infected!



© 2012 TheLastEclipse


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
Added on October 1, 2012
Last Updated on October 1, 2012
Tags: Horror, Infection, Apocalypse


Author

TheLastEclipse
TheLastEclipse

Crossville, AL



About
I have been writing since the age of twelve and have been creating oral tales since before that. I am a Christian but have a twisted way in some of my stories. I write poetry, stories, and I'm a cas.. more..

Writing