Im sick

Im sick

A Poem by The Water Queen
"

My own thoughts on my eating disorder

"

Im so tired

Of never feeling good

Im so tired

Of trying hide beneath this hood.

 

Im trying to get

Over this illness

Iside my head

Im trying to get

Over this sickness

Racking my body with pain

 

Im sick of

Never eating

And never feeling right.

Im sick of

Never hiding this beating

And never taking a bite

 

In the end

Im sinking

Slowly to my horrible end

In the end

Im stinking

Because of this stupid trend

 

But I guess

I'll die happy

Becuase I'll die skinny

And when I'm all sappy

Then you'll know its true.

© 2010 The Water Queen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

sad feel. acceptance of having a disorder. never think along the lines of.. i'll be happy when i'm dead'' think '' wait till you see how amazing i can be.. i'm going to beat this''

yes, i've heard eating disorders can be really hard to overcome, but it CAN be overcome. kill the disorder. don't let it kill you.
it's your life.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

very deep and powerful piece... overall i thought you dod great on this ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Powerful write. great expression of an eating disorder

Posted 13 Years Ago


I have never understood eating disorders, must be a really trying disorder to deal with.

Nice piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


well, if this is happening to you then i will gladly stuff the food down your mouth :) haha, this poem truly gets to the emotion and is a very well written write. Well job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


this could use some restructuring but it shows the true emotions of someone wwith an illness like with my poem beauty of the lost soul they both discribe true illnesses and i think that because we have both gone through or are going thru they have more of an impact.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very sad. You can beat. I know someone who had anorexia nervosa in the early 80s. She was treated very badly, doctors telling her she made her self sick so she could get well when she wanted, telling her she could eat if she wanted to or telling her she as abnormal. She thought it was worth dying for, to be skinny. I hope you make it but the way society fawns over skinny young girls it is hard.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh, this is sad~ I had anorexia when i was very young.
It took awhile to get over was told it was like i couldn't control things in my life but eating or not i could ..
I know the feelings. Nothing good..

You wrote this well.. I wish you well also, you are stronger than the disease!

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


I don't know. Myself I don't like woman who are too thin. I like them who have something to hold on to. I never understood the desire to be so thin. Maybe Hollywood. The sexy woman in Hollywood ain't skinny. Poem is very good. I know it is a battle to desire perfection. But perfection is in the eyes of the beholder. Ending was very good. Is sappy a good feeling?
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Be strong and overcome the things that make you weak. don't let them overcome you. This poem fascinates me and I love how you have structured your poem for each stanza except the first to have six lines thats very clever

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sad feel. acceptance of having a disorder. never think along the lines of.. i'll be happy when i'm dead'' think '' wait till you see how amazing i can be.. i'm going to beat this''

yes, i've heard eating disorders can be really hard to overcome, but it CAN be overcome. kill the disorder. don't let it kill you.
it's your life.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

707 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 12, 2010
Last Updated on May 12, 2010

Author

The Water Queen
The Water Queen

Lehi, UT



About
All of my books and poems are my work excpet the fanfictions. I own my ideas and my characters and will take rightful actions if i find them stolen. I have been brought to this world to bring the .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by The Water Queen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Paupers Paupers

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Ugly Ugly

A Poem by HorrorMaster