Tonight Is Dead Summer

Tonight Is Dead Summer

A Poem by Belle


Tonight
Is dead summer

Here in my heart

The flower stops from breathing
The feather fades away

The river has gone dim
It's tongue is waning

Madness is coming

From
Across the mountain
Across the sea
Across the days

Your silence --
I hear it loud,
Still

Here in my heart

Tonight
Is dead summer.


© 2015 Belle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"Tonight is dead summer" strongly worded but it retains the quality of a good poesy. It spoke to me about frustration or being on the edge. Night is the absence of light; dead is the lack of vitality; summer is a time of dryness. To combine these three words in one phrase is lethally brilliant.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Summer and Spring is almost always equated with life and Spring as new beginnings. Birds time their mating season during or in between these two seasons for their youngs to have abundance of food and increase their survival chance.

To feel Summer is dead is not about external sources but internal forces that a person is going through. " The flower stops from blooming" might be a good normal line unless the breathing means otherwise . A flower or blooms brings colours and excitements hence life in someones world . The feather is light and blown easily so its prone to drift . I just wonder if it can be stated this way " The feather weighed more than a ton " This adds more depths to what the muse is trying to express or feel unless she is referring to a fleeting and drifting thoughts .

The river is usually sustain by rain and a tongue maybe symbolize someone who has not had any water or drink. Summer is a season where there are less rain and so water basins are prone to recede. The tongue is used to connect with a river so the muse could show her audience the feeling of not having a refreshing drink. Tongue once again is the most sensitive organ that would know and feel the thirst .

The word madness is used. This perhaps implies a strong emotional feeling of desperation instead of losing ones mind or rational thinking. Perhaps the mountains and sea here represents obstacles and trials which may come with any shapes or forms and from anyone.

The muse somehow ended the piece with a conclusion that the worst case that would come out from Summer is dead cold silence. This silence is more deafening than all the busy and excitement noise she hears around her surroundings because she hears it alone inside her heart .

Posted 8 Years Ago


Wow. Echoing in sadness but with slivers of hope in their wake. The change of seasons fade in our memories but not into oblivion of love and nature. An excellent touching piece...:)...................

Posted 8 Years Ago


bringing sadness to fall... must be from down south if it's coming this late. I feel the pain of the summer lover in this. The sadness that the beauty is gone, waiting a whole winter for it to be reborn. Natures way of living forever.

Posted 8 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
To me, it feels a bit of a winter piece to where all the flowers stop breathing and start sleeping.. like how our stops beating heavily because it is broken, and how it slumbers in slow beating as it heals itself through time... To me Summer never came, its always cold and I feel my heart slumbers in to heal.... well, that's just how it is... when your broken, summer seems so far away or even dead...

Posted 8 Years Ago


I believe a word is life to anyone, especially if it comes from a very special person to him/her.
So touching but well-written.

Posted 8 Years Ago


"Tonight is dead summer" strongly worded but it retains the quality of a good poesy. It spoke to me about frustration or being on the edge. Night is the absence of light; dead is the lack of vitality; summer is a time of dryness. To combine these three words in one phrase is lethally brilliant.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this makes me think of more than just summer dying...losing a love in whatever way, leaves a really loud silence....i feel the autumn breeze of this...and there is a strong chill.

j.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Chilling and prophetic. The repetition of the title is very ominous. Perhaps because of the song I was listening to as I began reading this, I got a very strong "foreboding voice over" feeling like you would hear in the trailer for an epic fantasy about a coming darkness.

Intense and inspiring.

The song, if you're interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qngticpx78

-Cara

Posted 8 Years Ago


Belle

8 Years Ago

I thought of it - of myself as overly Romanticist, but then I realized how could I be if this is onl.. read more
Belle

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the link, Cara. Ironically, that music is soothing to the nerve. Thank you, really!read more
Caradoc

8 Years Ago

You're welcome. :) And at least where I live, I can definitely feel that summer is over. It's gettin.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

633 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 11, 2015
Last Updated on November 28, 2015

Author

Belle
Belle

About
Live Traffic Stats more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Belle



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


You Came You Came

A Poem by Belle


Forsaken Forsaken

A Poem by Tai Ryens