SUICIDE

SUICIDE

A Poem by EMMIE

AND THEY SAY TIME HEALS
BUT WITH TIME I BECOME MORE ILL
MY DEEP WOUNDS CANNOT HEAL
MY INFECTED SCARS CAN KILL
EVEN IF I HEAR THE WORDS OF THE WISE
THEIR WISDOM IS BLEAK
AND IT WILL NOT HEAL 
I INDULGE IN MY ILLNESS
I SWALLOW MY PAIN
I WANT TO BE COLD
AND BLOW UP MY BRAINS
AND THEY SAY TIME HEALS
BUT WITH TIME I BECOME MORE ILL
  

© 2011 EMMIE


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

With time I become more ill. That captures the way that many feel who suffer from these thoughts. And we do feel guilty for thinking that we are self-indulgent. This is a reminder that we are not alone, and those words help.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I'm from the stand point suicide has nothing to do with strength and weakness many people have "suicidal thoughts" but even less go all the way with it and the depth of thought that requires is at least admirable even though the end result is tragic. Many bright futures have been cut short due to this "illness". May this world have the strength to limit negativity, and become more honorable and mature in the way they treat others, great write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A cry for help - it's difficult to be heard sometimes.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Pain can do alot to us and some people are not as strong as others.

Posted 12 Years Ago


oooh I like this. I read something what my friend said, "when something bad happens you have one of the three options- let it define you, let it destroy you, or let it strengthen you?" I been down the road of suicide... messy stuff it was... but the thing that stuck me the most is how you pointed out "EVEN IF I HEAR THE WORDS OF THE WISE THEIR WISDOM IS BLEAK" it is true... it never seemed that they felt what I went thru...

Posted 12 Years Ago


so simple..... yet so strong !!! i like this one !!! great write :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Your pains are the steps you must take to burn away the hurt.. I feel the darkness..

Posted 12 Years Ago


I've struggled with illness and thoughts of suicide myself, and written about it too, the lack of hope comes through strong in this poem, hope you can find a better day, I can use a better day myself, nice pen on this poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


MY DEEP WOUNDS CANNOT HEAL

That line kind of made me think of "My Immortal" for a minute there.
Good poem. Very angry and loud as if calling out for help.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Its touching.... you have excellently brought out the vulnerability in this poem

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 8, 2011
Last Updated on October 8, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


POET POET

A Poem by EMMIE


Dark Secrets Dark Secrets

A Poem by Legacy