GAY

GAY

A Poem by EMMIE

GAY
LESBIAN
SOCIETY
DEGRADES
HATES
DEHUMANIZES
UNACCEPTED
SHAME
HURT
FEELINGS
THOUGHTS
SUICIDE
CRY
STOP!!!
STAND
TALL
VOICE
LOUD
BE
YOU
HEAD
UP
BREAK
OUT
STEREOTYPE
BUILD
WALL
NEGATIVITY
SMILE
WIDE
HAPPY
THOUGHTS
STRONG
MIND
IGNORE
HATE
MAKE
FRIENDS
LOVE
LAUGH
LIVE
GAY 

© 2011 EMMIE


Author's Note

EMMIE
I KNOW I KNOW. ONE WORD. I DON'T KNOW...IM JUST PLAYING AROUND WITH THIS RIGHT NOW...WE'LL SEE WHAT COMES OUT. I KIND OF LIKE THIS THOUGH...MAYBE I'LL LEAVE IT AS IT IS...MAYBE NOT...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a really cool way to get your point across. And I loved the message! Great work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Gay used to mean happy. I don't see why it still shouldn't.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is very cool. I like how it's one word at a time, allowing the gravity of the word to fully sink in as you pause to say it, also how it's all caps so it's as though they are being screamed or said very loud. Very powerful write and message! :D Excellent job!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Excellent words, we shouldn't discriminate against those who are gay.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like it - the single word lines are very direct and create images for themselves without needing any extra colour. And I love the way you have captured the battle people face, the negative experiences and feelings, the positive affirmations and the need to be loved

Posted 12 Years Ago


Fabulous. I have tried writing a few of these and bombed terribly. You did an awesome job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


nice word association, well done...

Posted 12 Years Ago


hey this form of word writin really gets to the point !! u shuldnt change it ! :D.. and oh !! yeah !! nice work !!

Posted 12 Years Ago


You wrote on such a relevant subject..Equality is something our society has to learn.. In India, the place I come from, homosexuality became legal just two years ago ( even though the verdict passed by the Delhi High Court has been challenged at the Supreme Court) and I think ours is the first country in South Asia to do so!! I think the world and we the people at large has still a long way to go to learn about individuality, individual freedom so that we don't treat people with different sexual preferences with prejudice...Coming back to your poem, I think you gave us one of the most exquisite writing. Very subtle and strong...Keep up all the good work :) :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Everyone is born to breathe without belittlement for what they are for some reason people can't figure that out and it is nothing short of unfortunate.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

624 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 13, 2011
Last Updated on October 13, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Greed Greed

A Poem by Tate Morgan