Journal Entry: Day 3: Just Take A Deep Breath Friday, June 11, 2010

Journal Entry: Day 3: Just Take A Deep Breath Friday, June 11, 2010

A Chapter by Jason Knight
"

Can you believe how my mind is on you as it swings in these memories of you?

"
I absently set my moods on a swing, and I watch as they came to and fro. I set my wish upon a star, all I wished was to be where you are. Though I'm not perfect, I strive to keep my promises. Don't cry, please do not cry, we're bound to be afraid, even if it's just for a few days. I lost all my dreams, lost to age and the cries of despair, but then you came along, with scarlet butterflies in your neon green eyes. I opened my eyes again, you being all that I saw. My wall was never attacked by you, neither climbed, but rather without even asking, you allowed me to put it slowly down. When you came in, you did not demand to know, but rather you caught my breath and tears, and there we loved. They say that when there's a big wall set p, the city in it is typically weak. They think so highly of me. I was jealous, so jealous, for though I could have it all, I did not know what they had that I did not dare possess. What drew you to them? What dragged you away from me? I had never been so angry. Yet when I'm at my darkest hour, my wall is at its greatest point, you won't even see a desire to flinch in my eyes. Yet, just looking at you, makes my knees go so weak. Do you know that you do this to me? I'm not afraid to say I love you, though for the sake of your life, I refrain to say it is you I love to the world. I'm not afraid of what the world has to say about this mutual love. The world can turn in its grave, and I shall not be shaken! I shall not go on pretending that you are not the most dearest in the life of this remnant. Yes, all I am, a remnant. An ageless being that dies, and comes back into a new generation, that being his curse. Lucky number 19. I'm not afraid to defy death for you. I am not afraid of loving you 'til the end of this world.

Saccharine venom is all that drips from my lips. The same lips you kiss. The same lips you love. The same lips that love you for all you are, not for the image this world has set upon you, but for all that you are to me. There is nothing but you. Day 3, a first last day. Though you shall not see my writings, they will be there, and you shall see them when I am released out of the cage of isolation. I speak in metaphors. I speak in love. I speak about you. The dearest. The girl with scarlet butterflies in her neon green eyes.


© 2010 Jason Knight


Author's Note

Jason Knight

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

-I speak in metaphors. I speak in love. I speak about you. The dearest. The girl with scarlet butterflies in her neon green eyes.-
there is alot of meaning in those words right there. I never really noticed, but the music adds feeling to it all. I love it. Just love it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

-I speak in metaphors. I speak in love. I speak about you. The dearest. The girl with scarlet butterflies in her neon green eyes.-
there is alot of meaning in those words right there. I never really noticed, but the music adds feeling to it all. I love it. Just love it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yes those wishes upon the star. A very strong chapter. I like the description and the story is getting more interesting. A very good ending to this chapter.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This chapter was brimming with emotion! I thought it was great how every word that you wrote had meaning, and every word that you wrote had a purpose. I loved the metaphor about the wall and the city, and the line "They say that when there's a big wall set p, the city in it is typically weak". For some reason, this line really resonated with me. :)
~PaperHearts

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You have real talent. Keep writing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

749 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 11, 2010
Last Updated on June 11, 2010
Tags: journal, memoir, distance, love, time, world, separation, despair, together, apart, scarlet, butterflies, neon, neon green, green eyes, her, he, boy, girl


Author

Jason Knight
Jason Knight

Shippensburg, PA



About
I am art. I am alive. I am everything you dream of. I am part of all your nightmares. I am love, and I am hate. I choose life over death. I am you, I am me. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..