WAITING FOR NATE...

WAITING FOR NATE...

A Story by Carol Cashes
"

FIRST UPDATE

"
Well, by all accounts, Nate will make landfall sometime Sunday morning, but the outer bands, the rain and winds start tomorrow.
Am washing everything in the house just in case we lose power.  We have a fairly good size generator, but that's for a few hours in the mornings and maybe up to four in the afternoons for keeping the freezer contents frozen and charging all electronics and oh, hell yeah, running that AC.  After a hurricane, regardless of the time of year, the temperatures are at Hades levels and the humidity is what I wish my IQ was.
My stepsons are getting my mother's sandbags this afternoon (her backyard floods) and she, too is fully stocked and ready.
After Katrina, we purchased 2 30-gal. fuel stations that are now topped off, and both Jeeps are full.
We have our own well and septic.  We have several tents, more camping gear than one family needs (Mr. B. was having a torrid affair with Amazon for a couple of years), as well as enough medical supplies to perform field surgery.  He started prepping and we have what we need to get through until power is restored but not enough for a Zombie Apocalypse.  (And P.S.:  I put a screechin' halt to Miz Amazon and Mr. B. for awhile.)
Now, it's just a waiting game.  Oh, yeah, and Jim Cantore is here and we all (Americans) know what that means....
I'll be checkin' in and out, as long as the power lasts, I'll be Reading and Reviewing.  If the power goes, I'll just be updated via blog.
Everyone in the Cafe that lives down here - be safe!  If you're in a trailer, a flood zone or south of I10 - leave!
Laundry calls, and baby dogs need kisses (Mr. B. is on his own for now, he tried to be funny 'bout me bein' crazy and it was not...funny, that is.)

© 2017 Carol Cashes


Author's Note

Carol Cashes
I'll be online, I hope, most of this evening, catching up and socializin'. After tomorrow afternoon, we'll see...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

We should all be as organized as you and your family appear to be.
May God protect all in peril!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Carol You know my thoughts and prayers are with you and all in Nate’s path. My stupid thought is “How many of these things can there be in one season?!” Stupid.You sound like you know the drill for this perfectly, and are upbeat, in great humor
( bless your warrior heart!)and gearing up to the challenge- thank God for that! Hopefully Nate will change direction or weaken significantly. You take good care and B. & the Storms are lucky to have you!!!xo

Posted 6 Years Ago


Carol Cashes

6 Years Ago

I was 12 when Camille came through and I was here for Katrina. Yeah, we pretty much know what needs.. read more
Annette Pisano-Higley

6 Years Ago

Wow, you are a hurricane veteran, girl! Yes good that you made those special arrangements too. I hop.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

325 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 6, 2017
Last Updated on October 6, 2017
Tags: non-fiction

Author

Carol Cashes
Carol Cashes

Biloxi, MS



About
I'm very cynical, jaded, just this side of bitter and the only reason I haven't crossed that line is a good man loves me. I am extremely empathetic, but seldom sympathetic. I can be a ferociously lo.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..