Words

Words

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

What are mere symbols and shapes on paper?

"














Words... Words... Words... What are mere symbols and shapes on paper to describe the shattering apparitions I have seen and the stinging sensations that have pierced my life’s shackled shadow? Yet even as I weigh and measure these coarse characters on this page, pallid cold clouds swift over my remembrance of the inn above the cliffs of Aesacus. Pounding waves carry my intentions to sleep and baleful, thundering storms still wake me in the depths of the night while the echoes of the vanishing angel’s voice whisper on. 

 

My mind now fills with the restless, roaring ocean. Reefs of jagged, black rock rise like lone pillars. Trying to crawl from underneath the swelling sea, they are ever forced adown under the relentless onslaught of the pounding green waves; deep green waves that rise up like arched wings, then fall and shatter upon themselves in foamy ruins. Above this salty thunder, black wooden fingers fasten upon the perennial, gray rock that towers over. This ancient matted structure is Idler Inn.

© 2018 An owl on the moon


Author's Note

An owl on the moon
The opening page of An Owl on the Moon: A Journal From the Edge of Darkness. I hope you'll join my journey this year, exploring the depths of pain, and the fight for freedom from every chain within.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Imagination makes time and place so real when in the hands of a true dreamer. You see and feel the heat of magical far away shores, I ache for the inked pages of tied print waiting for delivery!

' Above this salty thunder, black wooden fingers fasten upon the perennial, gray rock that towers over. This ancient matted structure is Idler Inn.' A place with thunder settling into a time when... perhaps. Will read every word.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An owl on the moon

6 Years Ago

Finding me in smiles now, reading your very kind, very lifting thoughts. Thank you dear poet. There .. read more



Reviews

Imagination makes time and place so real when in the hands of a true dreamer. You see and feel the heat of magical far away shores, I ache for the inked pages of tied print waiting for delivery!

' Above this salty thunder, black wooden fingers fasten upon the perennial, gray rock that towers over. This ancient matted structure is Idler Inn.' A place with thunder settling into a time when... perhaps. Will read every word.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An owl on the moon

6 Years Ago

Finding me in smiles now, reading your very kind, very lifting thoughts. Thank you dear poet. There .. read more
Thank you dear poet for your words, words, words. They speak so loudly to my fragile soul.

Posted 6 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

6 Years Ago

I am so grateful for your uplifting thoughts, dear poet.
ooooooooooooooooo dark intro indeed ..will do my best not to miss whats coming
E.
ps. love haunted places and googled Idler Inn to no avail..is it a made up place?

Posted 6 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

6 Years Ago

Ah, so good to have you here my friend. And thank you! Alas, it is a haunting place that is only fou.. read more
Einstein Noodle

6 Years Ago

no more frightening place eh!? ;))
An owl on the moon

6 Years Ago

So very true. It follows wherever you go. :)

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

844 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 8, 2018
Last Updated on January 8, 2018

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..