~Love me like a Japanese bowl...

~Love me like a Japanese bowl...

A Poem by Frieda P

If I dance for you, will you love me more
if I could give you moonbeams on a platter
you know I surely would
all I have to offer are some cracks filled with gold
melancholy rain afternoon's point of view
a painted canvas of oceans' blue
poetry that has withstood my test of time
if you take me 'as is' I promise you 'no lies'
A rollercoaster life of up & downs          
but the high's will shine brilliantly lush
for your love accepts me unconditionally
   
“When the Japanese mend broken objects they aggrandize the damage by filling the cracks with gold, because they believe that when something’s suffered damage and has a history it becomes more beautiful.” 

© 2013 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There's something precious about history, the way it wraps itself about near perfection and turns it into utter heaven. Same applies to human beings, complete with grey wrapping and sparse stuffing, because Man's weaknesses become examples of how to live and learn, to suffer and later, smile.

Dear friend, i think this is what you mean with your more than beautiful words.. and the lyrics. Perfection is created, not born. (You)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

'Grey wrapping & sparse stuffing' exactly Em, I love the way you put it, thanks petulia! x



Reviews

This is really beautiful. I deal and restore antiques for my living, the more repairs something has had usually means it was worth repairing in the first place. Yours words capture the japanese ideals perfectly well penned, a joy to read.
Helen

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks Helen, what an interesting job, you must love your work....
TrimarcoRansome

10 Years Ago

Yes, I do very much! It always changes and always a challenge!
The information about the Japanese art of mending is great. Your poem tells the truth and makes its companion unconditional love. I can think of nothing more wonderful. Even if we are broken and mended, the richness of experience elevates our worth and the gifts we can give to those we love.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

So true, you said a mouthful there annie lee, thanks so much.
Educational - emotional - pure poetry gold (no craics this time Frieda)

You moved me.
X

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Gorgeous aren't they Anthony, thanks my sweet friend, what a gracious thing to say. x
Frieda, you shared this song with me when I first joined the Cafe. I teared up then and I am tearing up now. This is such a lovely and tender thing. Those bowls are gorgeous and so are we. Cracks and chips and all. Beautiful! Angi~

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Yes I remember Angi, and I agree with you there...thanks so much...
truly beautiful offering here Frieda...you have outdone yourself once more...loving this..LAury

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

You've made my day Laury, thank you for your gracious thoughts.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dye
What a beautiful thought, to be loved even more due to your history and flaws. I never knew that about Japanese culture. It's fascinating to know.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

I never realized either until I heard that song, it's so lovely, thanks Dye.
This is utterly, unspeakably, achingly beautiful. I'm running through my vocabulary, here...magnificent, enchanting, majestic, awesome...I can't seem to find an adjective that is equal to the task.
Once again, I am in awe.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Wow, and I can't find the right words to respond, except a very heartfelt thank you...
A beautiful concept , a great tradition or belief and a gorgeous poem...Your poetry mends broken hearts with gold too...Splendid...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

You flatter me sir, grazie mille Sami :-)
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

You are welcome...:)
I love that all the imperfection is sealed with Gold( a precious metal) makes each piece kinda humble...never forgetting how much life there has been... how much was broken then fixed...how much love was shared. Thank you for reminding me that relationships& love have to be "real" to last throughout the ages. Perfection isn't flawless :) it's that comfort and ease you feel ...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Love your review RQ, who even knows what perfection is or looks like, thanks muchy.
My pen has fallen from my hand, rolled down my desk and now lays on the floor. I am mesmerized by your beautiful love poem today Frieda. You have captured the true meaning of love in the form of this piece, describing the comparisons of this bowl, once cracked and looked upon as useless but so loved that pure gold is used to fill its imperfections and make it more beautiful than it ever was...love does this to us. It fills the broken spots, the shattered hearts with gold and makes us feel beautiful, useful, and needed again. I have read so much from you but this is the first time you have embraced wondrous romantic love (at least that I have see) and done it to perfection. You do love so well. Very nice my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

You humble me and take my breath away with your sweet responses Jack....x

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

711 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 12, 2013
Last Updated on September 16, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..