~serial reader

~serial reader

A Poem by Frieda P
"

...

"
Serial reader, 
vanquishes each poem in under a minute
no anguish in his surmise, 
must have found god or gotten wise
infers greatness in copy & paste
same old metaphors of grace
a notch above fluff's offense
used to spew disgust on cue
now he's the candy man,
cat let out of the bag...
purrfect timing


© 2014 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P
captcha ~ wandman

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

hahaha love the bullshit meter! This poem is so sassy! I love the name that you put to the BS reviewers, serial reader- makes them seem sinister and manipulative :) I can honestly say there isn't anything I dislike about this poem, it was clever and well written the whole entire way through! It's true, the best reviews are constructive, and point out the flaws in the piece. As writers, there is always room for improvement.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Seems everybody does, thanks for your review Ally, true story by the way. :)



Reviews

Lol! I don't get the point of reviewing without reading; perhaps in hopes of more visits to one's page. I assure you, I read, and think, before commenting. :) though on your page, Frieda, I know I will often be using some variation of the word "great"!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Yep me either, but I think you're right....and thanks muchly Rita, I know you always do! :)
Reading is a pleasure of life. It's something we enjoy doing :D
This is so funny though
The duck song and the bullshit detector haha

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Ha everyone loves the bullshit meter, I laugh every time at the duck song, I know it's stupid silly .. read more
Mélania Woolf

9 Years Ago

We all need some of that silliness you know :3 Too much seriousness !
Good poem...sometimes I think I would rate high on the bullshit meter???????

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

It pertains to those who don't read and only review for god knows what reason....!!!
Bravo, I know exactly where you're coming from. If one doesn't read for the pleasure, then what is the point, other than quid pro quo and all that, which in the end is a pointless exercise.

Beccy.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

My sentiments exactly, thanks Beccy.
Can't be helped I suppose I am a sucker for images I saw the bullshit meter and proceeded to say : Anna!!! where on this meter do you think I would rate? Off the scale she said. Sighs------
If you don't want to know don't ask hey? and that quasi satirical moment is also a reflection of something that comes out from reading this cratfy lines. When you read something a piece you are taking in a side of a human being. The least one can do is give that person the time they so deservedly need.
This is funny, insightful too , reflective a lot and wise.

Thankyou Frieda

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Your review made me smile, and I concur....thanks muchly Rene.
lol
Funny and intelligent write..
I liked your concept and loved the video :)



Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Haha that video cracks me up it's so silly, thanks Ayushi :)
this is nice!

is that helpful? nice????

i know what this is about...:)

and yes, we do wonder...

are you saying that serial readers should be victims of serial killers?
and the weapon of choice?
exclamation points jabbed into the eyes!!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

I don't know what I'm saying...apparently you do haha ;)
Ha ha ha ....sometimes I feel few comments were put by a bot. In fact many people are around here with fake identity and god knows what intentions. Why to trouble your fingers when heart is not sending any extra blood there.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Beats me Avinash, I have none of the answers...thanks for your input.
I like the idea (btw I watched the Duck Songs haha they were funny)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Ha had to cut the tension with a duck slap! Oi... :) Thanks...
This was very good Frieda P. You could almost be talking to me with this. I know I am not that good at reviewing and say the same thing a lot of the time, but I can assure you I do read the poems. Sometimes more than once to make sure I get the feeling of the message and the thought. And I did really enjoy this today. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Nah, not you Will, those people that do a review every minute or so, you know they DID NOT read your.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2078 Views
56 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 10, 2014
Last Updated on July 10, 2014

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Shadow Shadow

A Poem by A. Amos


Koi Pond Koi Pond

A Poem by Pryde Foltz


Aris Aris

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Time Time

A Poem by Tate Morgan