Sweetest sanctum ~

Sweetest sanctum ~

A Poem by Frieda P
"

life's poetry

"
The reasoning in safely closing my eyes at day's end
          embracing the kiss of morn in the awe of dawn,
the sanctuary that keeps me grounded
   where beauty grows 'tween the cracks of darkness
             & logic and senses discern life's poetry, 
          sacred haven of every desired whim & thought
a port when life gets stormy, pure beacon of light,
     breathing in symbiotic perfection of salty sea sprays
 sanctum of escaped prayers answered inkind, 
     lifting me to a higher power's spiritual holy place
    impervious refuge when the world seethes perpetual fire,
relinquishing all turbulent fears and doubts
     rescue in release's invulnerable intentions, 
        unfurling in this retreat of sweet absolution's surrender 

© 2014 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Breathtakingly beautiful piece girl... the music is so powerful and moving.. the words are like lyrical honey... sweet and satisfying... The flow and melody of ideas just lift the soul higher and higher towards that sanctuary... we all need that "port in the storm" to escape to when times get rough... The peace of mind to close our eyes and drift to a place where the worries and pains disappear for a moment... a place where those desires and whims can thrive between the cracks of life's darkness... where survival isn't on the menu--LIVING is.... a place of bliss and spiritual soothing.. where it feels as if our prayers have been answered and we are for one small moment not afraid, not hurting, not doubting, not hiding in the dark... the light shines brightly and the soul thrives in the warmth... a place where you don't feel weighed down with the worries of the world... writing can be such a place... dreams another... I escape off into my music and my head.... but whatever that "sanctuary" may be---it is needed.. and should be cherished as the life-saver that it is... can I just say freaking WOW..... this is beyond beautiful... it feels like a spiritual healing... stunning in every way... it tickles my heart with rays of angelic iridescence and welcoming warmth... amazing as always....

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The music is divine... I loved this poem, Frieda. your words captivate the reader, hook them and keep them from the beginning to the end and then some.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Love, love, love this poem, Frieda. You have done an excellent write. :-)

Kaze~ :-)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Im telling myself this daily Frieda....tomorrow the sun rises again and a new start looms.

Love the depth, feeling and emotion in this one.



Posted 9 Years Ago


"logic and senses discern life's poetry" speaks tons. Your poetry is always a delight to read, mothernutter. You seem to never run out of words to picture out something...

Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
I'm in awe on how your poetry speaks to our hearts with beauty in the cracks of darkness....
its a marvel to travel in your verses my friend, brings a good feeling...

"logic and senses discern life's poetry"

Posted 9 Years Ago


after a loud day, we need little silence and darkness to polish our logic...

Posted 9 Years Ago


nicely penned....as usual...

Posted 9 Years Ago


WOW Moonbeam I am captivated by the tender nature of this poem… it really touches the soul and soothes it like a soft breeze.

Posted 9 Years Ago


There is a tranquility in this poem that I love, Frieda. Finding the beauty that grows between the cracks of darkness - not only a gorgeous image, but a wonderful philosophy!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Truly beautiful expression. Your words, filled with emotion, flew from the page to my heart. Thank you for sharing and keep up the good work.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1371 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on August 16, 2014
Last Updated on August 17, 2014

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Moving South Moving South

A Poem by MsJewel