Abstracted Reality

Abstracted Reality

A Story by The Lady Anasteja
"

Went to sleep dreaming... woke up with harsh reality

"

Webster defines Obsession as the domination of ones thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, or desire.

 

I define Obsession as loneliness - A detrimental state in which one intrudes upon thyself. 

 

We allow the mind to drift, creating images we are certain will never come to fruition, yet, we continue on "daydreaming." Basking in our own abstracted reality. Cause this my friend, to us, construes happiness. A false existence to camouflage life's mundane routine.

 

Maybe it is more manageable for us to pretend than live what we know, however, continuing on surely will lead us to the terminal path of recession.

 

© 2008 The Lady Anasteja


Author's Note

The Lady Anasteja
Really not a story, more a conclusion, eh, observation - I was in a shitty mood when written

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like it still, whenever you wrote it. Very insightful...and you know there is a delightful side to daydreaming, no matter how crude people might be about such an approach to life. Imagine if, instead, you sat there never wanting or having a desire for anything else beyond the tv screen. I'd rather dream about what can be, every day of the week and sometimes, those dreams can actually happen to. Oh yes!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is very true. Our mind and imagination can be our greatest ally and darkest enemy. A true gift and a curse. I often find myself wandering in thought. It's a habit that needs control, definitely.
Beautifully written and painfully honest.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So true. Thanks for asking me to read this. IT was the perfect interpetation of someone on the road to 'physco'ville! Ha! I like the conversational approach. Cheers,lea

Posted 15 Years Ago


ok, so I am one of those weirdos that believes the subconscious mind rules! I believe that daydreams can be powerful. I also believe we can begin to exercise control of our subconscious so it works in our favor. I've had many characters and stories form from daydreams (and a sprinkle of imagination). BUT if that's all one does is daydream ...then THAT's certainly not productive. lol

Another thing I want to say about your work....
I know sometimes it takes me a couple days to review your read requests. I really like to be alert when I read your stuff because its always thought provoking...so if my mind is dull...I have to wait...and then I am always pleasantly surprised with your work. :) (WOW, how about I blab on and on ...sorry. )

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is good. I agree, and I don't. I believe, that our dreams can indeed become a reality (unless they're outrageous). The key is action. We can daydream forever, but without action, they will get us exactly where you've stated above -- nowhere but further recession. The fact that we focus on our loneliness, breathes life into it, thus allowing it to live. Action, and faith, breed hope and eventually, daydreams can become reality.

Sounds so easy when it's written, doesn't it? Loneliness is huge in society, which is a big reason the internet flourishes, and people fall prey to scams. So if it's so easy to resolve, why is that so? Because it's not easy... but it's possible. Just my opinion.

Nicely written.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Ouch.
:|

Posted 15 Years Ago


This poem, is good , because your readers can identify with you the writer. I believe everyone day dreams about having a more adventurous lives, especially creative people. It makes me think of a Sienfeld episode where George and Jerry are sitting in the the coffee, and Jerry say to George, " What kind of lives are these, we're not men!" You know I am a writer and a painter, and I spend a lot of time alone, because to make a mark on this world, you have to work at being good, and you also have to work even harder to get it out to the public, so Gerbils man your wheels.

Stephen

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like it still, whenever you wrote it. Very insightful...and you know there is a delightful side to daydreaming, no matter how crude people might be about such an approach to life. Imagine if, instead, you sat there never wanting or having a desire for anything else beyond the tv screen. I'd rather dream about what can be, every day of the week and sometimes, those dreams can actually happen to. Oh yes!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What is said is so true, and the truth can hurt more than a lie.
Leran Vakem

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have reached much the same one.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

437 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 17, 2008
Last Updated on August 21, 2008

Author

The Lady Anasteja
The Lady Anasteja

Stroudsburg, PA



About
I don't advize, and I don't criticize, I just know what I like with my own eyes - DM more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Butt Out Butt Out

A Poem by Mysty Rayn