The landing of Air Force One

The landing of Air Force One

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

That's the way it has been seen in Teheran, I guess.

"

The leaders of the Iranian regime were sitting in the projection hall annexed to the Iranian Parliament, and were watching the live broadcast of the presidential air plane landing in Ben Gurion air port near Tel Aviv.

At the center of the first row sat the ayatollah Ali Khamenei, to his right sat the leader of the Revolutionary guards and on his left sat the President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad; the camps' representatives of the two rivals, completed the first row's flanks. The Government members plus the advisers of the two leaders occupied the second row. 

The broadcast was soundless on purpose and chats, conversation and speeches were subtitled at the lower part of the huge screen; lip reading experts and interpreters were ready, to enable the dignified viewers whatever would be said between the President and his hosts, at the moment that they would land and the President would appear in the open first class door.

The Air Force 1 stopped and its broad front door was opened up. A senior F.B,I. agent apparently appeared at the entrance, and returned back inside the plane fuselage after just a few seconds. Nothing took place yet.

'What's that delay for?' Khamenei wondered. 'Is he letting the Zionists to sweat a bit, emphasizing imperiously his high status? Well what do you think of it?' He asked his advisers in the second row.

'He's waiting till the members of his staff will descend through the rear door.' Khamenei senior adviser said.

'I still believe that this humiliating scene was planned in advance.' Khamenei concluded decisively.

Ahmadinejad listened and nodded his head slightly, but did not say a word.

The President appeared at the open front door, and without hesitation started to descend the gangway stairs while moving his raised arm and smiling to his waiting hosts.

'What's the purpose of this visit in your opinion?'  Khamenei asked turning to his senior advisor.

'We would know it at tonight's planned press conference.' Ahmadinejad hastened to opine before the adviser opened his mouth.

'That's right we'll know it clearly tonight,' Khamenei retorted watching his rival angrily. 'It's better to examine it right now through brains trust, and verify our assumptions later tonight.' He added and looked back at the adviser in the second row.

'I think Sir that the visit combines several goals but I'll refer to the main one, which is to confirm that the small devil won't dare to attack …'

'This is isn't the reason.' Khamenei interrupted the adviser words. 'The small devil won't dare to attack us without the big devil, we're convinced of it for quite a while. The small devil's talk about attacking us was intended to urge the big devil to do it and nothing more; and you, what do you think?' He turned to Ahmadinejad's adviser.

'The visit was decided and planned in advance no doubt Sir, but as a momentary impulse due to the President's extravagant character. I would have compared him in a way to President Reagan that was an actor, and became a successful President; while the recent President was a young inexperienced Senator, and has turned into a rock star in his conduct and behavior. He's an addict of public attention, maybe because he grew up without the guidance of a father…'

'Do give us a concise view and stick to the main points!' Khamenei scolded him.

'Yes your honor,' the adviser said coughing slightly. 'The obvious purpose of this visit is to correct the one-sidedness towards the Arab nations during the President's first term particularl by the Cairo speech, in which the Presidnet tried to strengthen the ties with the Arab world, while forsaking the little devil. No results were achieved and he realized that he misunderstood our region's problems, and now due to his capricious character he honors the Zionists much above their expectations, and they exploit his weaknesses before our eyes; while he's punishing and insulting the Arab nations without being aware to it. He believes that the visit will compel the Arab nations to "court" him.

'Which means that one mistake causes another mistake.' Khamenei remarked smiling.

'You're very right Sir, allow me to continue. 'It's important to note that this visit isn't intended to achieve substantial results, except to attract attention of the global media, which would be the achievement in which the President believes. An additional aspect is the President's failure to compel the congress to accept his conceptions, which caused the deep cut of the federal budget. The President reacted in closing the White House to visitors, to save costs. In order to accuse with that annoying result the republicans, that rejected his demands. But it did arouse a torrent of contempt from his rivals and the wonder of his supporters. He was beaten a second time, that's why he takes on that kind of action and a contradicting one right away…'

'Do you care to explain it, it sounds too complicated to me.' Khamenei expressed his dissatisfaction.

'If closing the White House to visitors was as he claimed to save expenditure, in this extravagant visit with an escort of six hundred accompanying staff, and many means that must cost a fortune; he turns it into a showy and pompous visit; as if he says to the republicans: "You won't limit my expenditure, I'll throw money as much as I want and the next President from your ranks will be left with a financial abyss.'

'He's decided to make the Zionists cross to his side, make them his supporters and not support the republicans; this is also one of his goals.' Khamenei's adviser hastened to note.

'These are words of wisdom,' Khamenei praised them. 'You've lighted up our eyes.' He added satisfied while Ahmadinejad glanced at him amused, and a shade of smile emerged on his lips.

The meeting with his Zionists hosts and the few short polite words the President uttered repeatedly without any change, did not interest in particular the viewers, while they were exchanging comments in low voice between themselves. With the beginning of the speeches silence ensued again, and the viewers read the subtitles in Persian at the lowest end of the huge screen, despite the slight delay in which the subtitles appeared.

At about the end of the Zionist Prime Minister's speech, Khamenei raised his brows in wonder. 'What does he say, what are these terms…?' Khamenei expressed his wonder raising his voice.

'He's quoting an apparently amusing wish of the President during an interview a week before the visit, to spend some time incognito in bars and cafes…'

'That's what the leader of a super power thinks about…?'

'That's what they're busying their heads with, those infidels.' Ahmadinejad expressed boldly his opinion.

'I wouldn't have believed it.' Khamenei declared and glanced sympathetically at his rival.

The Zionist Prime Minister got off the podium and all the viewers watched the President who replaced the Prime Minister, and read his speech with expectancy; silence reigned again up to the sentence in which the President referred to the Jewish people history of three thousand years long.

'What is he talking about?' Khamenei wondered aloud. 'If it wasn't for King Cyrus the Great, who gave the Jews permission to return to their land, or king Ahasuerus that saved them from annihilation, where would they be today? It's a nation of ungrateful rabble!' Khamenei exclaimed angrily. 'Can anyone compare their history to ours?!?'

'You're very right Sir,' his adviser remarked, but with your permission Sir, wouldn't it be better if we'll stop declaring the wish to annihilate them? It will help us in our talks with the six powers, and it didn't strengthen our ties with the Arab nations, and for that goal these declarations were intended for.'

'That's a point of view that deserves to be analyzed again.' Khamenei remarked without referring to his adviser's insolence. 'We'll have a short lunch break now,' he declared and left his seat.

© Haim Kadman March the 20th 2013 �" all rights reserved.

© 2013 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

326 Views
Added on March 23, 2013
Last Updated on March 23, 2013
Tags: landing, welcome, guest, hosts, joy, friendship, interests, happiness, plans, future

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman