Consultation in mid flight

Consultation in mid flight

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of the thriller "THE GLOBAL THREAT."

"

The global threat

An excerpt

In the first class cabin of an Iran Air Tour Airbus A320, Rohanei was sitting next to a small and rectangular desk opposite Zarif. They were on their way to Brussels, to meet the EU foreign affairs and security policy minister.

They were in mid flight away from Kianoush the supreme leader and Jahangiri the vice president, and Kianoush snooper; and they sat apart from the delegation members, which were sitting in the plane's main cabin. But they knew very well that their conversations were recorded, and the air hostesses and their assistants were surely pricking their ears, each time they served them. Despite the fact that they were sitting all alone they had to be very careful, as if they were still in Teheran.

'You know that His Holy Highness suggested that you'll stay in Brussels and court the EU foreign affairs good looking lady, Wasn't she suppose to end her term during 2014?' Rohanei asked him with a sly smile.

'Luckily enough she was elected for a second term up to 2019, but I'll have to get used to her features again. How about you Hassan would you give me a hand in convincing her?'

'You did quite well then and I'm sure you'll succeed in convincing her again, what are her weaknesses except her attraction to you Mohammad?'

'Don’t tell me you haven't realized her weaknesses yourself?' Zarif remarked with a sly smile. They were in good friendship and mutual trust relations, thus he did not need to be cautious in Rohanei's company.

'I did notice how well you exploited her attraction to you, but let's analyze her weaknesses based on your experience.'

'She's a media addict and she'll extend any discussions and talks, just to be in the headlines and in every possible TV channel; that's her main addiction, and she's very fond of compliments, and that's of course how I exploited her to our ends.' 

'I see so try to exploit her well again and make her work for our goals as she at the last time,  though I don't think that she or any of the European foreign ministers can persuade the Americans to accept our demands.'

'How long do you intend to stay with me in Brussels Hassan?'

'No more than a few days Mohammad, and while you'll court her I will fly on to Washington. But we'll keep in touch through our embassy and if I'll need you I'll let you know.'

'Alright Hassan, listen I'd like to rehearse how we're supposed to present our demands, as I believe that there should be a difference between the case that we'll present to the Europeans and the one we'll present to the Americans.'

'Yes you're right Mohammad we haven't given much thought to it at home. In my opinion you should use an amiable approach at the beginning of your talks. I don't think you'll have any possible problems to convince her, but towards the assembly president and the various state foreign ministers you may put our demands in harsher terms.'

'Do you mean that I should bring up the long ranch missiles threat and the lot, you know?'

'No there's need to at this stage. You'll just tell them what good and peaceful relations we've with The United Arab Emirates, and  how enraged are Qasem's Revolutionary Guard; and just as you'll be leaving to join me you'll tell them that Qasem has prepared a plan and is ready to attack the American warships, if they won't withdraw in a certain reasonable time.'

'So we won't bring up the missiles issue in our discussions with the Europeans?'

'If we'll have poor results in our American trip after you'll join me there, we'll stop in Europe again on our way home, and then we'll put that option on the desk.'

 © Haim Kadman April 2014 - all rights reserved.

 

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
Added on April 5, 2014
Last Updated on April 5, 2014
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman