The unexpected move

The unexpected move

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of the thriller THE GLOBAL THREAT.

"

The unexpected move

The global threat

'We've visited the Capitol hill but just as guests, and the Octagon Museum, and the Dumbarton House; it seems that they aren't too happy with our stay…' Rohanei said while hosting Zarif in his Blair House suite.

'I guess so, but aren't we somewhat careless?' Zarif asked reminding Rohanei their hosts' notorious tapping facilities and gadgets.

'I don't mind if their translators will sweat a bit, and they'll know exactly what we want from them; it might help them to make up their minds, and decide to sit with us earlier.'

'If their president isn't ready yet to meet us, why not call their foreign secretary and ask to have an audience with him?'

'You'll call him Mohammad, I'll call the vice president and ask him how long do we've to wait to have an audience with their president? Is his retirement next January the pretext to keep us at bay, has he decided to cast off his responsibility as the head of his state? Do call their foreign affairs secretary Mohammad, and we'll decide if I'll have to call their vice president or not.'

Zarif went over to the land line and dialed the number of the American foreign secretary's mobile. There was no answer and he turned to Rohanei embarrassed. 'Shall I leave him a message?'

'No Mohammad I'll call their vice president.' Rohanie said while moving towards Zarif, and standing beside him he dialed Morgan's number.

'Oh hello who is it?' Morgan wondered from the other side of the line.

'It the Prime Minister of the Islamic republic of Iran.'

'Oh and how are you sir?' The surprised vice president asked him.

'I'm fine thank you but I wish to know how long do we've to wait till we'll have an audience with your president?'

'Very soon sir, I'll let you know when the president will be ready to see you. We've some crucial problems with the Russian and it might take a day or two, please be patient sir.'

Rohanei hung up without answering him. 'May they burn in hell.' He muttered in English the worst curse, which he happened to know and smiled towards Zarif, while making him a sign that he wishes the Americans to hear it.

'Call the delegation manager Mohammad and tell him that we're coming to have dinner with them at their hotel.'

They boarded the Iranian embassy limousine that was at their disposal with their four aides, and drove to the AKA White House Hotel.

On their way to the hotel Rohanie revealed to Zarif and their aides his thoughts.

'In my opinion we'd better send our delegation main body back home, and I'll tell you why and I would like to hear your comments if you'll have any.' He watched Zarif face and the surprised faces of their four aides and coughed slightly. 

'The reason is the cold indifferent attitude , in which we were received and I'm sure that they won't change that cold attitude towards us. We've beaten them in the diplomatic field and made them sign an agreement, which only afterwards they realized the advantages that we gained out of it. Although signing the agreement took place at the end of 2014, they haven't forgotten what to them is an insult and humiliation, and they won't stop putting hurdles before us by keeping us waiting in vain for an audience and interviews, and sending us to visit their museums and touristic sites instead. So the best thing to do right now is to send the delegation main body home with the reasonable explanation, which they'll understand it back home; while we'll get rid from the rest of Qasem spies, which are unknown to us yet.'

'It's a great idea Your Excellency!' Zarif declared enthusiastically. He did not dare of course to turn to Rohanie in the same friendly manner, as he usually was allowed to in private while being in his friend's company.

'We'll have to notify our two ambassadors Your Excellency.' One of Rohanei's aides reminded him.

'Well get in touch with them right now, and they'll able to meet us as soon as we'll arrive at the hotel.' Rohanei summed the matter up and silence reigned within the driven limousine.

© Haim Kadman May 2014 �" all rights reserved.

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
Added on May 9, 2014
Last Updated on May 9, 2014
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman