The lesson

The lesson

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of the novel A POST IMPRESSIONISTIC CAREER, to be published soon.

"

The lesson

A post impressionistic career

On the next morning when Tsevieli reported at the editorial and handed Amnon his boss whatever he has written during last night, the latter asked him:

'What about that young paintress, Tami is her name, isn't it?'

'Oh you mean Tamar Dromi? I didn't manage to finish that review yet.' Tsevieli answered gloomily.

'What happened she didn't let you have her?' Amnon asked him laughing, and gave Tsevieli back his papers; and right after it he added with a rather serious note:

'We won't publish your article on Carmeli's exhibition tear it to pieces or change the painter's name for all I care, even if Carmeli's exhibition would run six months ceaselessly! You can't imagine how he got on my nerves yesterday the idiot! He called me yesterday night in the middle of the party that I've thrown for the N.B.C crew that visits our country, to complain that I've sent an apprentice to his exhibition instead of visiting it myself. I'll teach that jerk a lesson he'll never forget!'

'But Amnon he's our leading current painter…' The astounded Tsevieli exclaimed, despite the insult he had to suffer from that certain leading painter, for Carmeli termed him as an apprentice.

'And who do you think made him the country's leading painter? It's us the printed media and we may topple him down from his elated position just as well.'

Right after Amnon calmed down a bit few seconds later he noticed Tsevieli's long face, and he hastened to appease him.

'Okay, listen to me Asaf I want you to write a few more lines on that Tami, and thus we'll be able to complete our weekly art column.'

During that same week Tsevieli reached the same bunk at the same public park, in two different occasions with different kind of prey; he had no intention to give up his blessed evening activities. Despite it Tami's face did not leave his memory. Her natural kindness, her exceptional beauty and the way she reacted to every word of his conquered his heart.

What happened to me have I fallen in love with her, me Asaf Tsevieli? Nonsense I wasn't in love ever before, and I'm not going to fall in love neither with her nor with anyone else! Tsevieli concluded decisively, encouraging himself making efforts to forget her.

© Haim Kadman September 2014 �" all rights reserved.

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
Added on September 17, 2014
Last Updated on September 17, 2014
Tags: art, criticism, rewiew, article, newspaper

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman