The trip outcome

The trip outcome

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my 23rd book and thriller.

"

The trip outcome

An excerpt

A Pincer Movement

I’ve met yesterday with both sides Your Excellency.’ The Turkish prime minister started his report to the president, and cleared his throat softly with a note of embarrasment; as he watched with envy the national intelligence head, who was sitting next to the president.

But it’s me who was sent to Iraq and not him. He tried to find a consolation in that fact, but with a second thought he reminded himself that it would have a foolish mistake to send the state supreme agent, to deal with the Iraqi prime minister.

He was accompanied by his deuputy and the foreign affairs minister and the secretaries of both of them.

I’ve landed in Baghdad and had talks with al-Abadi, his deputy and a few more Iraqi notable, which it would be futile to note each one of them as only al-Abadi expressed their goverment’s conditions during the short discussion...’

Get to the point what does he want?’ The president cut short the prime minister monologue with impatience.

He wants us to support their claim on Mosul as an integral part of the great Iraq, while promised in return to stop the PKK hostile activities against our state from anywhere in Iraq; and in addition he promised to hold the Kurdish autonomy under strict conditions, in other words to make life in the Kurdish autonomy unbearable.’

That’s Ayathollah Khamenei speaking from his throat.’ The president declared decisively raising his with a note of anger. ‘What’s Barazani’s answer to out suggested deal?’

He said he’s ready to consider it, but we must realize that he except the annexation of Mosul and Kirkuk he expects us to support their declaration of independence, after the annexation of the two cities...’

What, he the nobody, the pest dares to dictate to us his terms?’ The president fumed with a reddened face and a raised voice. ‘Who the hell does he think he is?’

A tensed silence ensued as everyone present at the president’s palace office, knew well enough that they had better wait to the storm to subside; and let the president himself to resume the discussion, or be thrown our shamefully from his palace.

What did you tell him then?’ The president broke the tensed silence after a few seconds of relaxing and a second thought no doubt, as if he is sitting in his office all alone.

I didn’t tell a him a thing Your Excellency…’ The scared prime minister muttered softly, hardly audible. ‘I just explained to him that I’ve to consult Your Excellency...’ He hastened to add.

I see, who else was there with him?’

Just their young prime minister Nechirvan Barazani and Masrour Barazani his son Your Excellency.’

So their terms are on behalf of their cabinet’s conclusive decision no doubt. They didn’t lose time did they?’ The president remarked toughtfully. ‘What do you think of their terms Aygul?’ The president turned to the national inelligence service head.

But before Aygul Elmz answered his mobile rang, he asked the president and his colleagues to excuse, listened a few seconds his mobile off.

There was a shooting in a restaurant in Istanbul last night Your Excellency...’

Is it another Kurdish terrorist attack, to force us to accept their terms?’

No Your Excellency it’s one of our citizens that carried out a personal vendetta, he was arrested and claimed that the restaurant owner murdered his father. But may I answer your question Your Excellency?’

Yes go ahead Aygul we’re listening.’

With Your Excellency’s permission I’ll refer first of all to our honored prime minister meeting with al-Abadi. Your Excellency was very right in deducting that al-Abadi quoted the Ayathullah Khamenei’s terms, If we’ll give our hand to al-Abadi’s government Iran will rule Iraq and Syria through al-Abadi and Assad or whoever will replace him; I believe Your Excellency that we should refer to Barani’s terms as a desperate signal of distress, they share the same interests as we do...’

But we don’t’ve the least intention to treat the Kurds as equals or as a major power, which may dictate to us its terms and conditions.’

Your Excellency is stating our position in the most just way, and in order to follow Your Excellency’s correct instructions we’ll prolog the talks with the Kurds, to make understand that they’ll be under our political auspices; they need us more we need them, and we won’t let them forget it Your Excellecy.’

Copyright © Haim Kadman 2016. All rights reserved.

© 2017 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on February 2, 2017
Last Updated on February 2, 2017
Tags: Suspense, espionage, war, Syria, Iraq, ISIS

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman