The realization

The realization

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

One more excerpt of my 23rd book and thriller.

"

The realization

A Pincer Movement

An excerpt

On the next morning at nine am, he sat with his department heads and their deputies. He decided to have a brainstorming discussion with his staff, on the current situation changes in Iraq in particular; plus the surprising new info, which was collected just recently and to prepare on its basis an update report first of all. The second stage will be the presenting of that report to the parlamentarian committee of defense and security.

We’ve been disinformed by the previous American administrations sources, about the progress of the Iraqi army Mosul assault; as at the Iraqi prime minister’s press conferences during the last six weeks we were told that the Iraqi army units are fighting inside Mosul’s eastern districts, while the Americans that support them didn’t deny these false official announcements; that kind of policy was directed by the Americans’ highest echelons I guess. But these days we’ve been informed that after a long delay the Iraqi special forces supported by tanks and American helicopters are attacking Mosul’s airport, a second time after a failed first attempt and a disordered and shameful retreat last month.’ He made a short break to let his subordinated time to express their reactions and views on his long monologue, as they were wise and experienced men.

It’s what we’ve suspected ‘from the very beginning of the Mosul offensive.’ The head of the research and analysis department remarked, while the seven other department heads and their deputies had a good reason to sit on tongue tied.

Well yes we did have such impressions time and again, during our meeting during the last three month.’ The intelligence service head agreed with his subordinates remark.

So to sum up the uptodate situation in Mosul, the city’s greatest parts are still held by ISIS, The Iraqi army forces have encircled Mosul from three directions, west, south and east. The Kurds are putting a seige on Mosul at the city’s northern sectors, as near as the village of Kisik Kupri and opposite Mosul’s sector Tal Kayyaf; while quite a large area of Mosul southern districts, from the sector of Tal Afar down to the military airport, and southwards to Hammam al-Alil is populated mainly by civilians. The fact that the Iraqi army Mosul assault campaign is dawdling has several advantages from our point of view. It gives us the time needed to warn the Americans on the Iranians expansion plans over the entire Levant, and enables us to be prepared for future developments over there.’ He coughed slightly and cleared his throat, while thinking and phrasing his next words.

The intelligence and analysis department will prepare a detailed report on the current situation in Iraq, which I’ll presentit to the attention of the defense and security committee meeting next week.’

What about Syria and the Astana talks?’ One of the deputies ventured to ask.

The current situation in Syria isn’t critical from our point of view, in comparison with what’s going on in Iraq; despite the threelateral annoucement at the end of the Astana two days talks, the rebels rejected that announcement’s context; and the reason is due to their demand to exclude Iran from the talks, and enforce the withdrawl of all the Iranian Shia militias from Syria. Another very important aspect of the rebels standpoint, is the threelateral clause on fighting ISIS and the Jabhat al-Nusra group; while that group has cut off its ties with al-qaeda, and fights along with the rebels.’ He added with a sly smile. ‘So it’s quite clear that the Russians with the Iranians are planning to annihilate the Sunni free Syrian army, while claiming that they fighting the terrorists...’

Are the Turks blind, don’t they realize that the outcome might endanger their southern border?’

They aren’t blind at all, they know very well that there’s no cease fire and there won’t be a permanent one, and that nothing will come out of the Astana talks or the talks next month in Geneva under the aupices of the UN.’

Copyright © Haim Kadman 2017 �" all rights reserved.

© 2017 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

379 Views
Added on February 23, 2017
Last Updated on February 23, 2017
Tags: Suspense, espionage, war, Syria, Iraq, ISIS

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman