An urgent solution

An urgent solution

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

You can download each of my nine thrillers and my five novels > $4.99, or read the 1st 3chap of my 22 books, or read the full text with KDP library; https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.ht

"

An urgent solution

A Pincer Movement

An excerpt

The atmosphere at the office of ayathollah Hamenaei at the marble palace in Teheran was almost chocking with tension, the supreme leader was infuriated and shocked by the discouraging news, which arrived that morning from Baghdad. The urgent meeting participants sat on in a tensed silence, and waited anxiously, wondering who would be branded as the culprit for the last double setbacks.

We’ve suffered an extremely painful blow.’ The supreme leader opened up the meeting with a clear declaration how he refers to the disheartning news, which Rohanei’s special envoy sent on that very morning from Baghdad.

He cleared his throat several times nervously before he resumed his dreary overview.

Qassem’s eight convoy was attacked by the infidels, as it crossed the border into Syria near the village of Al-Hasakha,… We don’t know yet with certainty whether the attackers are the cursed jihadists or Masoud Barazani’s Kurds, whom we’ve supported against the jihadists onslaught… Seven motorized convoys passed through the Kurdish authonomy territory safely, on their way to Damascus; while the eight one was stopped, and suffered many casualties I’m told.’ The supreme leader made another short pause, and watched the faces of his cabinet members with an accusing stare.

Last night another convoy bound to Beirut, with arms supplies for the Hezbollah through the southern route; was bombed by the small satan with its aircraft planes, and was devestated to our deep regret. There are spies among us who leak information to our enemies!’ He announced raising his voice with anger.

It’s your task to expose them!’ The infuriated Khamenei shouted at Mahmoud Alavi, the head of the intelligence ministry.

Except Alavi whose pale face radiated his anxiety, all his colleagues had to resolve to significant efforts to overcome their urge to utter a sigh of relief.

It took Alavi several long seconds to regain his self confidance, before he answered with much caution.

Exposing spies and traitors is our daily task Your Holy Highness, and we shall increase our efforts according to Your Holy Highness instructions; I must point out Your Holy Highness that there are several more possibilities, which are the big and small satans’ satellites. These satellites could have revealed our eight convoy… A satellite or a high alltitude spying drone, could have revealed the arms convoy as it just set out, and then the small satan managed to attack the convoy near the village of Arak not far from Damascus.’

Another long and tensed silence ensued, as the supreme leader realized how mistaken he was.

I see,’ His Holy Highness muttered with a clear hint of embarrassment. ‘What can be done then against those satellites, and why didn’t you take such significan threats into account?’

We’ve warned the defense ministry Your Holy Highness long before the first motorized convoy had set out, and the only option that should be considered is to return to use transport flights Your Holy Highness.’

Surprised by the intelligence minister’a pertianance His Holy Highness turned angrily to Hossein Dehagan the defense minister. ‘Why didn’t you brief Qassem on the big satan satellites? How come there’s no coordination between your ministry and Alavi’s ministry, and our brave revolutianary guards headquarters?’

We’ve had a partucular and and an urgent meeting on this issue Your Holy Highness, the three of us; I mean my honorable colleages and our experts, and I’m sure Your Holy Highness that our honorable defense minister has briefed Qassem.’ Alavi added with much caution pointing out indirectly Hossein Dehagan as the culprit; he was well aware how much Dehagan and Major General Jafari head of the revolusionary guards hated Qassem, and he knew that His Holy Highness knows how badly his adored Qassem is treated by these two.

But we must keep on sending those motorized convoys, despite the hardships and the obstacles, to enforce our legitimacy over Iraq and Syria.’ His Holy Highness declared resolutely, ignoring Alavi’s hint. ‘We’ll need meanwhile to use the southern route, but how can we ensure the convoys’ safe passage?’ He turned his attention to Major General Jafari.

In two main ways Your Holy Highness, we’ll equip each convoy with a timetable of the big satan’s sattelites flight over our country Your Holy Highness, and with camoflage nets against exposure; while as for the little satan high alltitude drones and air craft, we’ll escort each convoy above with a squadron of Mig 29 fighter planes.’

Very well then,’ His Holy Highness muttered relieved.

I expect a full cooperation of the three ministeries involved in this mission, our republic interests and security are much much important and above any personal feuds.’

Copyright © Haim Kadman 2017- all rights reserved.

Download the novelettes The Red Square, It’s God’s wish, A fateful opportunity and A preemptive strike > $2.99 each; plus the short story collections: The unveiling > $1.99, The gambit, The dream and its outcome and Blended Lit. Flashes at > $0.99 each.

https://www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C ;

or read the full text with KDP library;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId..

You’ll have to write my name at the left upper search line- haim kadman.

© 2017 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
Added on April 6, 2017
Last Updated on April 6, 2017
Tags: Suspense, espionage, war, Syria, Iraq, ISIS

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman