Last night reminiscences

Last night reminiscences

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my new manuscript.

"

Last night’s reminiscences

The Planet of Peace

An excerpt

He put the purple wig on and went over to the mirror wall, to have a look at himself. Well, he thought with some satisfaction, I’m still a good looker for my age. But that thought brought in its wake last night’s reminiscences, and a feeling of dejection swept his brain, remembering his setback and how beaten and humiliated he was.

He had a usual day of meditation and planning a brighter future with his group, and afterwards he went out to entertain his soul at the ‘Bird of Paradise’. It is the planet’s most frequented joint, and maybe he should have chosen a less crowded one. But he would not have met her, or rather seen her; for that scoundrel of a robot claimed to have seen her before him. That pertinent robot stepped between him and that astounding beauty, wrapped his arms around her delicate shoulders, and turned to him an ugly smile, which only robots can have.

There were dark niches on both sides for one and certain purpose, and there that robot dragged her.

H86 remembered with agony almost how terribly upset he was yesterday night, the soft background music got on his nerves; and he experienced to his own amazement a dark animosity, like he had never felt some hundred years before.

Instead of looking for another partner to pass a night of pleasure, he returned straight to his den, took a pill of “having your dream come true” and woke up this morning in a better mood " up to this very moment of recollection.

Well,’ he uttered a sigh of self pity and took his today’s feeding pill, which satiates a day long hunger, and three smallish square pills that turned into liquid as he crushed each one of these pills with his teeth. This special liquid quenched his thirst and clenased his teeth at the same time, and with the day’s meal over he rushed to his studio.

His studio was the largest room in his den, there was just one big and comfortable leather armchair with a double control board, on both the armchair’s arm rests.

H86 sat on it and the opposite wall turned into a huge light blue screen. Yesterday’s episode just as it took place appeared on the screen, and H86 saw himself watching that astonishing beauty with awe, when that villain of a robot squeezing right in between him and that stunning beauty.

His computer was scanning his brain.

It’s impossible!’ His computer declared, reading H86 thoughts and wishes.

But why for Xumuotocrasus’s sake? I don’t get it! I’ve the preference, the higher rank, and the night rules are irrelevant in this case!’

It was dismantled a few seconds after your rival claimed his right. You’re lucky to have spared yourself the disappointment.’

It was what…? I’m talking about her not it.’ H86 protested vehemently.

It’s an old robot model that its time of expiration was due last night. You may order a new model.

Would it have the same features?’

No problem, but it will take some time and your confirmation is needed.’

You have my confirmation.’ H86 declared decisively as he hastened to leave his armchair, and the huge screen was switched off right away.

Copyright © Haim Kadman 2017 - all rights reserved



© 2017 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
Added on May 14, 2017
Last Updated on May 14, 2017
Tags: Literature, prose, planet, future, fantasy, life, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman