The first stage

The first stage

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my 25th book and thriller: "The Bait".

"

The first stage

The Bait

An excerpt

When she reached her working place, all her colleagues, those who were close to her and those whom she hardly knew, were watching her curiously while she crossed the wide hall towards her desk.

She hardly sat down facing her computer screen, when her phone rang. It was her boss Leonid, asking her to report to his office right away.

Well, have you discussed it with your husband?’ He asked her without any primilinaries. It seemed as if he was under quite a pressure.

Alright, you may return to your desk.’ He instructed her, as soon as she answered him. ‘I’ll let him know and as soon as he will come he will summon you to his office. It won’t take more than three quarters of an hour I guess, but don’t let any thoughts about it to interfere with your regualr work, okay?’

Sure sir I’ll do my best sir,’ she said and left his office after hardly a minute inside it.

She could not do a thing for truth sake so excited she was, until the right time came and she had to walk over again to the other building; to meet once again the company general manager.

He was polite towards her just as he at their previous meeting. The big boss that stranger that did not bother to introduce himself, but he did conduct such a soothing conversation with her for quite a while, on nothing at all.

What am I supposed to do sir?’ She asked him at last after she gathered all her couuage, and with quite a show of self confidence.

Oh nothing much,’ he assured her. ‘You’ve some virtual ties with several men and women on the net, and there is one among them, that we would like to know better.’ He made a short pause to check whether she has any objections at this early stage.

It’s a man isn’t it? Who is this man sir?’ She had enough of his round about approach, not realizing that it was exactly how he expected her to react.

He introduces himself as Roberto…’

But I’d just a few words with him now and then, and he’s the least among my virtual friends, with which I chat from time to time.’

Yes we know all the few chats you’d with him, it’s alright, what’s needed is just a small change of attitude on your part, that’s all.’

Do I have to suduce him or what…?’ She barged into his last words, worried and riddled with suspicions .

Relax Sonia, we don’t expect you to become some kind of a Mata Hari, you’ll have to be more friendly to him that’s all; we’ll supply you with the right texts, so you won’t have to prob your pretty head about it.’

How long would it take and what are the next stages sir? Do I’ve to make him talk or what?’

Well, it depends on you and on him in particular. He’s a middle aged man, his name is Fabrizio Rosetti; an Italian scientist, an expert in his domain. He’s married and I wouldn’t define his married life as an exceptional success, you know… You did chat with your virtual friends in your free time, but now you’ll be paid for it. In any case it won’t be a hard task particularly for a young and pretty woman like you Sonia…’

I still don’t get what you expect me to do sir?’ She had no intention to be left in the dark, and end up in what could be defined as a nightmare.

We think that you’re the very right type that would make him board a plane, and land in our country…’

All rights © belong to Haim Kadman �" 2017

The problem in question is the aftermath, I mean the mess we're going to confront with after the conquest of Mosul.”

This enthralling and exceptional thriller, which relates the secretary of defense trip to Baghdad and his last in office, can be downladed for just $0.99, from Oct. the 18th up to Oct. the 25th.

https://www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C 



© 2017 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

717 Views
Added on October 13, 2017
Last Updated on October 13, 2017

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman