Walk Into the Rain...

Walk Into the Rain...

A Poem by SPINNING ON that dizzy edge
"

Tears mix with the rain .... and the chill makes me feel more alive than ever...

"

 

I opened my heart

 

and I let you in

 

with your sad blues eyes

 

and your impish grin

 

and your tales of woe

 

and your years of pain

 

and your broken life

 

that you built again.

 

 

I opened my arms

 

and I held you tight

 

with a strength I shared

 

and I thought you might

 

and I hoped that time

 

and I wished that space

 

and I offered love

 

now I fade with grace.

 

 

So I'll turn this page

 

and I'll close the book

 

with a heavy sigh

 

and just one last look

 

and just smile inside

 

and just hide the pain

 

and just know I tried.

 

 

Walk into the rain...

 

 

 

 

KNehls  6.30.08

 

 

 

 

 

© 2008 SPINNING ON that dizzy edge


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This poem really touched me. There's not really any other way to explain it.
It reads perfectly fluent. I can imagine it sung as a slow acoustic song.
I feel like I connect with this on both levels - both being someone that has closed a book but also I think I have been the one with sad blue eyes and an impish grin.
Great write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The rhythm and rhyme in this poem is downright charismatic! Loved the staccato lines! When the tiem is right to turn the page or even close the book, the wise person knows it. The imagery is great and the poignancy strong. I liked it. Lydi**

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
SPINNING ON that dizzy edge

9 Years Ago

Thank you kindly It was from a long time ago but still hits the hot points
Very very smooth! And wonderful conception! It's one of those secret stories stashed deep in the hearts of many..... Great conveyance 👌👍

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SPINNING ON that dizzy edge

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the review. Life gives ya good material :)
A very touching poem from the heart. Bravo...................

Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
T
Sad when we give of ourselves to help to heal another only to find they can't give in return....Is it better to have loved and lost..? I would hope the rain to be a refreshing cleanse...

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a brilliant piece of writing. It has a lot strength through heartache. I love the ending. This piece touched me too. Fabulously done...

Posted 14 Years Ago


A beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing this with us. I have always loved the rain.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like how you repeated the beginning of each sentence in the last 3-4 lines of each stanza, kinda made each stanza seem to trickle down like the rain.. adds to the feel of the poem. The ending was great too.. after the image projected in the stanzas of the trickling rain then ending with the image of someone walking into the rain like "i'm done this is all that's left..." I can relate to the feeling when you close a chapter in your life and you feel a lil scared, lost in who you are, sad.. yet alive and "new"...

great write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So very true that when you enter a new relationship there is always emotional baggage that you have to take on too as well as expose your to them... the whole walking into the rain is perfect way to describe it... very well written and enjoyable piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Perfect

Posted 15 Years Ago


As per usual, this is a very heartfelt poem and as per usual It's fab as is but I see tweaks that I would make (being the pompous arse that I am) You know the drill, I am unwilling to disrupt the flow of well deserved praise with nitpicks so pop me an PM if you are interested.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

762 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 30, 2008
Last Updated on July 1, 2008

Author

SPINNING ON that dizzy edge
SPINNING ON that dizzy edge

Buffalo, NY



About
Some of my work is very personal and some is flight taking fancy... a writer's prerogative... :) Read something of mine and I will read something of yours - very nice and simple and what a way.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain


Our Lives.. Our Lives..

A Poem by Rain