Wear You

Wear You

A Poem by Linda Marie Van Tassell
"

The true majesty of love.

"


I long to wear you like a softly-scented cologne,

to smell your essence around me when I'm all alone,

to inhale you with each breath from the moment I wake,

to taste you on the wind with every step I take.


I long to wear you like a satin or velvet glove,

to run your hands across my skin, yearning for your love,

feel you play my body like a harpist on his strings,

lightly touching my flesh with the brush of angel wings.


I long to wear you like a sparkling golden band,

always look upon you like a jewel on my hand,

see the star-light in your eyes as you look up to me

and know that you are exactly where you long to be.


I long to wear you like honeyed sunlight in my hair,

to feel your touch upon me, your kisses in the air,

to have you wash over me like a wave from the sea

and to feel your wet tongue as it savors all of me.


I long to wear you like the joyous curve of my smile,

to wear you like the laughter which echoes all the while,

to dissolve in the mist of you, the beat of your heart,

to wear you like a cloud-veil whenever you depart.


I long to wear you like azure heaven wears the sun,

to follow the paths you take wherever you might run,

to blossom in your love-light shining sweet and divine,

to simply be your shadow and know that you are mine.


I long to wear you like tender twilight wears a star,

to wear you like a dream come true in all that you are,

wear you every day and night, never to be shed,

to wear you like a comforter draped across my bed.


I long to wear you like a ribbon that tops a gift,

wear you like a garter belt beneath my satin shift,

wear you like a memory, the echo of a sound,

to wear you like a pretty charm dancing all around.


I long to wear you like the dew-drops on the flower,

to wear your effervescence, your strength and your power,

to wear you like the passion, the breath between a kiss,

to wear you like a love poem written just like this.

© 2015 Linda Marie Van Tassell


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review


You have the voice of a timeless temple goddess.

One is reminded of souls wearing bodies, and the lover amplifying that, to wear the essence of the other, as one.

Your amorous symbiosis is so intent, there can really be no other; "like tender twilight wears a star" is so permeative as to impel pure seamless awareness AS the other, as much as oneself.

Your subhead "The true majesty of love" reminds me of an old romantic ballad of mine called "Let the Majesty." Your "wearing" is nothing less than Love's relationship to Form Itself.

Beautiful.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

lovely..just lovely ..the sensuality is Divine almost .. i like that you make it a two way street of commitment with V3 ... band of gold .. and he knows he is where he belongs ... a sweetened killer closing line .. makes me sigh with blessings .. to love and be loved like this is heaven sent .. well done .. sound rhyming .. nothing trite nor over worn ... very easy read .. rhythm is as natural as walking .. so glad i read this this morning Linda ... brightens me day ... and its only 2:30 AM here ;))))))))))
E.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Whom, with an ounce of warm blood flowing their veins, would not wish to be tailor-made to fit every word, metaphor, and nuance of this enthralling work of bliss-filled homage to the sheer imagery of romantic love and affection.
And, what a pure picture … my-GOSH!

Simply beyond beautiful poetry, Dear Linda Marie … thank you most humbly and gratefully for sharing your ever-amazing heart and soul-driven skills! ⁓ Richard 🌸

Posted 6 Years Ago


Remarkable work, indeed. If there were a church of Passion, this would surely serve as an hymn, a sublime exaltation of loving. The whole poem is soaked with passion, dripping with longing and trepidation. The form of the poem itself reflect this mainstream feeling: each quatrain is the repetion of a request, a call for fulfillment which only love may give. It dazes and intoxicates the reader, it overwhelm perception with a thousnad of suggestions. I mostly appreciated the sound of each rhyme and how you succesfully arranged each word, making this call so desperate and absolute.
I too love getting lost into passion and absolute feelings and I can relate your words.
Really enphatic: it took me a while reading all the verses, in order to be sure of each similitudes.
Wow, really intense. Now I'll have to read some poem from Bukowski collection in order to compensate with this one (just kidding XD ... by the way, I do like Bukowski poetry).
Thanks for those beautiful words you shared with us ;)

Posted 6 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
d
makes one also wish. you have gone everywhere and i think brought everywhere with you back home. and i wish for you that your wish is real and always with you. hey, a pretty nice poem. doesn't at all need the picture. the poem works magnificently as is.

Posted 7 Years Ago


A very passionate and sensuous write. I go back to the beginning, to see what people who are new to me are about.

Posted 8 Years Ago


The blend of concrete lines and metaphor in this poem is remarkable. This piece bleeds truly the passion of love.

Bergamot brought me here.

Salute,
Dalton


Posted 8 Years Ago


Starting & the beauteous ending of the poetry is very admirable. I may say, it's rhythmically beautiful & thought provoking poetry. Most of the times, some indie writers get stuck with their own labyrinths when they are writing something on particular title, they find themselves very tough to find proper choice of words that could suit the title they be working on .. but you here do a very marvelous, an outstanding job ... every thing you do pen here is what expressing, reflecting the beauty as well as depicting the course of your title that's being imbued on pages by the chords - the very velvety strings of your crimson heart. Enjoyed reading it. Undoubtedly, one of my fav. writes! Excellent work!

Posted 8 Years Ago


I recently stopped into the Writers Cafe for a look at the menu and to offer up some of my recipes and found there are a lot of good cooks on staff. It seams you are the head chef for you are one hell of a good cook. Wow.... I fear I will be delegated to the sink............

Posted 10 Years Ago


The repetition of the first words builds a theme that is not unpleasant
but creates a beautiful poem and dream for any lover.

Great poetry here.
Trace

Posted 10 Years Ago


Every man wants to be that lover in your presence

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1335 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 12 Libraries
Added on February 18, 2008
Last Updated on November 26, 2015

Author

Linda Marie Van Tassell
Linda Marie Van Tassell

VA



About
Poetry has been my passion since I was about fifteen years old, and I love the structure of rhyme and meter moreso than just randomly throwing words upon a page without any form whatsoever. Whi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..