Proper goodbye

Proper goodbye

A Story by Valkyrie Warrior
"

A boy is violently haunted by his dead girlfriend.

"

Beau stood by the window, watching the police car drive off down the drive. She was dead. Lily was dead, found raped and stabbed in the park just across from his house. Beau felt sick, how could he let this happen, she was so close to him, the park was just there. Beau sank to his knees, with his head in his hands, it was all his fault, how could he let this happen, how!? It was getting dark outside, the street lamps had just come on and Beau knew his mother would have just arrived at the bar. Suddenly the house just seemed so quiet and empty. This feeling made Beau shiver. His room was very dark now, but he didn't notice how quickly it had darkened.

Beau crawled across the floor and climbed onto the bed, curled up under the sheet as he began to shiver, it had suddenly become freezing in his small attic room. The window panes frosted over with a crackling sound. "Beau," said a soft female voice. Beau sat straight up. "Lily!?" he said, looking over towards the door.

She was standing there. His beautiful, dead girlfriend, smiling. "You’re dead." Beau said, his voice shaking. Lily was over his bed in a flash, leaning down over him and snarling. "Now darling," Lily hissed, "That is not a very nice thing to say." Beau flattened himself into the bed, he was shaking all over and his eyes were wide with fright.

"Now, now darling" Lily purred, stroking a surprisingly solid hand across his head, "Why are you so scared? It’s your fault I am dead".

Beau said nothing, but just shook his head, staring into the cold, dead eyes of his former lover.

The door opened downstairs and Lily stood up, stilling staring at Beau, "I'll be back." Lily hissed. Beau just stared, petrified, as her smiling form faded. Then he cried.

It was a matter of days before Lily returned. Beau, who convinced himself he was dreaming at the time of their encounter, was lying in his bed, headphones in, listening to his iPod. Suddenly the music stopped. Beau checked the screen, but it was black, like it had run out of batteries, but he still had it on charge. That's when he saw her standing by the window, her face lit by the streetlight outside, her torn dress floating around her thin frame. Beau screamed, but the sound of terror was cut short as Lily's strong hand closed over his mouth. "Shh," she cooed, leaning down to whisper in his ear, "We don't want to wake the neighbors". Beau had never been so scared in his life. His whole body was frozen with fear and his blue eyes refused to leave Lily's black ones no matter how hard he tried.

Lily kissed his neck, biting slightly with her teeth in a way that used to make Beau want to embrace her but now just filled him with terror. Beau shuddered and Lily bit down harder on his neck, Beau felt the warm, wet blood trickle down the side of his neck but he was powerless to stop her. She continued to bite him, drawing her nails down the side of his face and leaving deep cuts like they were razor blades. Beau moaned in pain and terror and Lily giggled, lifting her head from his neck. "Oh, I do love to make you moan," Lily purred, her eyes filled with lust. The spell was broken and Beau struggled against her now weak frame, pushing her off him and sitting up. Lily snarled, her teeth pointed like knives and Beau started to scream again.

By the time Beau's parents burst into his room Lily was gone and all Beau's wounds had disappeared. His parents simply ignored his frightened babbling about Lily coming to get him and told him it was just a dream. But Beau knew it wasn't a dream this time. Though the wounds were gone, he could still feel them burning like hot wires on his skin. Beau didn't sleep at all that night.

For a week all was calm. Beau hardly slept and his parents noticed he was getting thin and pale. Until the night after Lily's funeral. This night was to be Beau's last haunting.

"Hello Beau," Lily murmured in his ear one night, waking him from his sleep. In her hands Lily held two sets of handcuffs, the sight of which used to make Beau excited but chilled him to the bone. "You never gave me a proper goodbye," she purred, holding up the handcuffs. "B... But," Beau stammered, "I went to your funeral today." "That doesn't count," Lily pouted. "But anyway," Lily said, lighting up, "This is more of a hello."

The police found the body of Beau Strauss handcuffed naked to the bed. He had been stabbed. Nobody noticed the two figures standing hand in hand in the park: a boy and a girl, smiling up towards the house.

 


 

 

 

 

 

  

     

© 2015 Valkyrie Warrior


Author's Note

Valkyrie Warrior
by the way, Beau, is pronounced Boo.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like ghost stories
they always carry the sense of being real

like something like this could happen
someone you love coming back to visit you from the grave

it's very surreal, and makes for good fiction

the characters here are very compatible

and the mood and setting combined make for an enjoyable read

good job penning

-Dream

Posted 8 Years Ago


Valkyrie Warrior

8 Years Ago

That you very much Dream!!!!!!!
closed

8 Years Ago

youre welcome
She was standing there. His beautiful, dead girlfriend, smiling. "You’re dead." Beau said, his voice shaking. Lily was over his bed in a flash, leaning down over him and snarling. "Now darling," Lily hissed, "That is not a very nice thing to say." Beau flattened himself into the bed, he was shaking all over and his eyes were wide with fright.

Story platting is great. i read it twice, because I love haunted moments. great job dear.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Valkyrie Warrior

8 Years Ago

Wow, Saddam you are too kind! Thank you very much!
Saddam

8 Years Ago

Your most welcome..
Very good story.... now the other poem I read makes a lot more sense haha ... good work :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Yeah I thought it would :) Thank you for reading :)
Great plot. A few grammatical errors (I can point them out to you if you would like!) but the story flows well and holds attention. I would suggest the use of dashes instead of commas at some points to break up the flow. I like your details and the way it ends! It does leave me with questions, like how it is Beau's fault as well as how old he is, but you give enough clues to let me figure it out.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Thank you. Yeah grammar is hard for me (dyslexia is a curse) so any help would be most welcome!
Goose Eggs

9 Years Ago

Okay! If you want I can send you an attachment with a few grammatical corrections. Do you have Word?.. read more
Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Yeah I have word!
A very good story. I had to read. Your poem made me want to understand the situation. I like the places, visions and strong description. Made the words come alive. I like the feel of mystery and people trying to find proper ending. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Wow thank you for the wonderful review!!!!!!!!
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome. A powerful short story.
Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

:-D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

446 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 17, 2015
Last Updated on July 7, 2015
Tags: love, dark, ghost, haunting, rape, death, murder, stabbing, horror

Author

Valkyrie Warrior
Valkyrie Warrior

Vallhallah , My mind



About
Hello again I have decided to return to this community for real this time. Sorry to all those who sent me read requests, I am getting on to those as you read this :) more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Remember Remember

A Poem by Not here


Thirst Thirst

A Poem by Jyoti_Ablaze