Shrouded

Shrouded

A Chapter by Jennifer
"

lost...

"

  The Civil War was so huge, any other event is virtually unknown of. Research in Boise, there is no information here anyway. It does not matter if it is an unknown story. Nobody talks about anything. It's as though Idaho is hidden in shame.

  In Emmett, it is known as Squaw Butte. This story is a word of mouth story. There was a peaceful tribe of Indians that lived by the stream. The men went hunting and the woman stayed behind. Some trappers were in the area. They attacked these woman. They raped and killed them. As the story goes, after the hunters did this they were haunted by the cries of the women they murdered.

  Idaho is a violent, ignorant, and arrogant state. It's no wonder the Bear River Massacre is only a word of mouth story. It is hard to find any inspiration and to tell it in a positive tone. Maybe I need to find my objective. The only thing I can think of is, "Look at what you guys have done!"

  I am only ten pages into my screenplay. There is hardly any dialogue. People wonder why I am writing about it. How is my family involved? There is no truth and there are nothing but stories.

  I got my photos from my trip to Preston. When I showed them to dad, the puzzles seemed to fall together. His grandfather used to own that land. You see, when Granpa Maughan died, I was 16. People were talking about how he complained that he could have saved his father. The land was bought from under his nose. It was virtually stolen from him.

   I want to get that land back. I want to turn it into something respectable. I don't want to make it stand out like a sore thumb like it does today. I want to turn it into something beautiful and give a message for people to show some respect. It needs to be a lesson that is to be learned. Massacres need to come to an end, permanently.



© 2008 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 27, 2008


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer