The Stalker

The Stalker

A Chapter by Jennifer
"

The spirituality begins

"

   I make it to Pocatello. This is where the Fort Hall replica is. The original has sunk inside the swamp. I almost feel as though I am on a pointless mission. What am I doing here?

  It was a pleasant visit. I got nervous as I made it closer to my destination. The picture in my mind is a cool looking memorial dedicated to the Shoshone. I could see a huge sign in my mind and a respectable landscape.

  As I slept in the bed of my friend's child, I felt as though I am being watched. I could have sworn there was an extra presence. I imagined myself on the Bear River massacre site and an Native American man is watching me. He isn't a man, he is a ghost.

  He stood tall with a solem look on his face. A red feather was in his hair.  The wind stroked his long grey hair. 
  I would wake up nervous. What if I didn't accomplish anything? I was by myself on the road. I was far away from home. The possibility of danger was high. Someone would be able to harm me and nobody would know about it.

   I was going to places that left people wondering. Wellsville? What the hell are you doing there? It used to be Maughan's Fort, silly. It was as though I had known my way around. I drove straight there. I didn't need to use the map. Even though there is no information, I was drawn to where I needed to go.

  



© 2008 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
Added on February 26, 2008


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer